English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Family matters/health (https://www.englishforum.ch/family-matters-health/)
-   -   Register in multiple cantons for vaccine? (https://www.englishforum.ch/family-matters-health/303385-register-multiple-cantons-vaccine.html)

Klostersgirl 29.03.2021 14:30

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cremebrulee (Post 3290746)
Theoretically, yes. For high risk patients, they recommend that you get the vaccine from your local GP rather than go to the vaccination centre which looks like they want to just use for the relevant age groups.

But if you go to a vaccination centre, you have to bring a medical certificate from the GP stating that you are a high risk patient.

So my next step is finding out whether my GP can provide this medical certificate, but there is no clear answer on how I can register/make an appointment at a vaccination centre as a high risk patient. It looks like you can only make an appointment once you are in the right age group.

I'm still in the process of making queries, so once I work it out, I'll report back. But I suspect that the doctors don't know much more than I do, unfortunately.

I see that you have now registered. In case anyone else is pondering the process, our GP's email said that high risk patients should register first and then (and only then) ask the GP for a letter confirming their high risk status.

bokabil 29.03.2021 14:36

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonToZurich (Post 3290796)
What i find interesting - is that High Risk Patients of any age and 65 and overs have priority before healthcare workers

I suppose its because the urgent goal is to reduce death and free up the hospitals, and this is mainly composed of Group1 individuals. Yes, healthcare workers have high exposure but if they are generally healthy, then risk is lower. My 2c.

catandmouse 30.03.2021 17:04

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
This being Switzerland, every canton is doing its own thing, not surprisingly as the cantons are responsible for health care anyway.
I live in Vaud, am 66 years old but am marginally vulnerable (diabetic, blood pressure). When I first registered, which I did online, you just had to run through the check-boxes and having effectively checked two, I was given the right to create an appointment (and have had my two jabs).
A couple of weeks later, the authorities worked out that it was a little too easy to cheat the system and put down actual values on the diabetes and blood pressure, as well as requiring a doctor's certificate. I might have just about slipped through even with those conditions, but only just.
Fast-forward to yesterday, when Vaud opened up to over 65s and I went online to get an appointment for my better half. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one, but with a little patience and persistence I've got her an appointment too (in two weeks time).

Darcy1 30.03.2021 18:15

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ennui (Post 3290764)
I just registered my husband. He’s in group D. In Kt Zurich. He’s under 65 (58) lives with a high risk person (me) and works from home. I’ve already had my 1st vax (over 65, high risk). Everything worked easily. The site’s in German and French.

The job question is whether you’re in health care, work with a lot of people, work from home....stuff like that.

It seems that in zrh, you have to be 3months past a corona diagnosis for a vax. I read that really fast with my crap German.

I am in group E despite being a type 2 diabetic. I'm happy to wait though. My hubby is in group D which I think might be the next group to be vaccinated after the over 65's.

Darcy

Pachyderm 30.03.2021 19:18

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cremebrulee (Post 3290746)
Theoretically, yes. For high risk patients, they recommend that you get the vaccine from your local GP rather than go to the vaccination centre which looks like they want to just use for the relevant age groups.

But if you go to a vaccination centre, you have to bring a medical certificate from the GP stating that you are a high risk patient.

So my next step is finding out whether my GP can provide this medical certificate, but there is no clear answer on how I can register/make an appointment at a vaccination centre as a high risk patient. It looks like you can only make an appointment once you are in the right age group.

I'm still in the process of making queries, so once I work it out, I'll report back. But I suspect that the doctors don't know much more than I do, unfortunately.

I'm in this position too.

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about 18 months ago and I take a daily tablet as prescribed by my doctor to keep it in check. When I registered for the jab a couple of days ago, it asked if I have a 'chronic illness' that I take medication for. One of the options was high blood pressure so I said yes, I take medication for high blood pressure. I have to admit I don't feel that I have a chronic illness but I simply answered the questions as posed. As a result I was allocated Category D though I can't yet book an appointment.

Now I read that when I turn up at the vaccination centre I will need to prove that I have a chronic illness by producing a doctor's certificate. I've not yet spoken to my doc but I can imagine her saying that I don't really have a chronic illness as such even though she agreed that my BP was high and should be medicated. It's a bit annoying really. I simply honestly answered the question posed on the form -- had I had high blood pressure diagnosis for which I take medication -- but I'm now wary that compared with many seriously ill people whose need is greater than mine, I'll come across as some sort of charlatan trying to cheat the system! The updated info is talking about "therapy-resistant hypertension or hypertension with cardiac complications or other end organ damage" which seems a far cry from 'have you been diagnosed with high BP that you take medication for'.

I'll see what the doc says but my initial relief and happiness when allocated Cat D is now a bit different and I'm feeling anxious about it. If I'm barred from Cat D I plunge all the way down to Cat M! Bit annoying as I'm only just under one of the age limits too. If you're just under 65 you may as well be 21. Seems to make hardly any difference despite the obvious greater risk the older you are.

cremebrulee 30.03.2021 20:43

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pachyderm (Post 3291274)
I'm in this position too.

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about 18 months ago and I take a daily tablet as prescribed by my doctor to keep it in check. When I registered for the jab a couple of days ago, it asked if I have a 'chronic illness' that I take medication for. One of the options was high blood pressure so I said yes, I take medication for high blood pressure. I have to admit I don't feel that I have a chronic illness but I simply answered the questions as posed. As a result I was allocated Category D though I can't yet book an appointment.

Now I read that when I turn up at the vaccination centre I will need to prove that I have a chronic illness by producing a doctor's certificate. I've not yet spoken to my doc but I can imagine her saying that I don't really have a chronic illness as such even though she agreed that my BP was high and should be medicated. It's a bit annoying really. I simply honestly answered the question posed on the form -- had I had high blood pressure diagnosis for which I take medication -- but I'm now wary that compared with many seriously ill people whose need is greater than mine, I'll come across as some sort of charlatan trying to cheat the system! The updated info is talking about "therapy-resistant hypertension or hypertension with cardiac complications or other end organ damage" which seems a far cry from 'have you been diagnosed with high BP that you take medication for'.

I'll see what the doc says but my initial relief and happiness when allocated Cat D is now a bit different and I'm feeling anxious about it. If I'm barred from Cat D I plunge all the way down to Cat M! Bit annoying as I'm only just under one of the age limits too. If you're just under 65 you may as well be 21. Seems to make hardly any difference despite the obvious greater risk the older you are.

I read all of the information on the website before registering for the vaccine, and they mention quite clearly that, if you have a chronic illness, you will need to produce a medical certificate at the vaccination centre.

I don't think you should feel anxious about the situation. You answered the questions honestly. If your doctor doesn't think you have a "chronic illness" as defined, when you get the notification to make your vaccination appointment for Group D, you can simply decline and re-register for Group M. And if the vaccines are being delivered as per the schedule, you may not have to wait too long between Group D and Group M - hopefully!!

Pachyderm 31.03.2021 01:56

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cremebrulee (Post 3291314)
I read all of the information on the website before registering for the vaccine, and they mention quite clearly that, if you have a chronic illness, you will need to produce a medical certificate at the vaccination centre.

I don't think you should feel anxious about the situation. You answered the questions honestly. If your doctor doesn't think you have a "chronic illness" as defined, when you get the notification to make your vaccination appointment for Group D, you can simply decline and re-register for Group M. And if the vaccines are being delivered as per the schedule, you may not have to wait too long between Group D and Group M - hopefully!!

It's not that I have a problem with having to produce a medical certificate -- that seems reasonable to avoid fraud. Just that when I was filling in the form online it asked if I'd been diagnosed with high blood pressure and if I'd been prescribed medication. The answers to both questions are Yes. It was only this afternoon when reading another page somewhere on the Zurich vaccination site that they mention "therapy-resistant hypertension or hypertension with cardiac complications or other end organ damage" which sounds more serious than my situation. It's just a bit annoying that it wasn't described like that when I was completing the form. Anyway, I've emailed the doc and will see what she says. I guess she'll either go through my records and discussions we had, and then make a clinical judgement, or will just think it's not a big deal and issue the certificate. Depends partly on what the certificate has to say. If it's supposed to confirm that I have a life-threatening, critical condition that's one thing. If it simply confirms the diagnosis and medication, that's another.

I appreciate your encouragement but I'm afraid the gap between D and M seems pretty big to me -- probably the difference between getting the jab in April or having to wait until July. We'll see.

Edited to add: I've heard back from the doctor's surgery. Brief message to say that they would put my med. certificate in the post. So far so good.

axman 31.03.2021 11:30

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
One of my neighbours just got his appointment (in ZH) for mid-April because he has high-blood pressure.

Good for him, but I am actually very annoyed. He's been super relaxed about the whole Covid, flying to his usual vacation places Maldives, etc., he has friends around for dinner parties, goes to restaurants when they are open, refuses to wear masks or leaves his nose sticking out.. Life didn't change much for him in the past year, whereas I've been very careful in order to protect not just myself but also my family and anyone around me.

I have nothing against people who are in the higher risk groups and so they should be vaccinated first.
But this guy took all the risks despite his medical condition and acted like he didn't care about maybe spreading the virus to anyone else, so it is hard for me to be happy for him when it comes to vaccination he immediately raised that flag and got into an early group, whereas I am in the last group. :msnmad::msnmad:

ennui 31.03.2021 12:55

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
If you’re in group D and E in Zrh, you can obtain an actual appointment.

kri 31.03.2021 13:16

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Does anyone know why there is no J group in Zürich? :confused:

cremebrulee 31.03.2021 13:19

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kri (Post 3291534)
Does anyone know why there is no J group in Zürich? :confused:

I was thinking that too!

ennui 31.03.2021 13:20

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landers (Post 3290652)
A week is a long time when it comes to corona, depending where you are.

UK now has almost 60% of its adult population with one vaccination and is now switching to second doses of which almost 7% of the adult population have had.

I believe your AHV number is registered with your vaccination but I don't believe that there's the IT infrastructure that would avoid or detect someone registering or indeed even receiving a dose more than once. I imagine little old ladies writing your name on a bit of paper.

Your AHV number is tied to your health insurance card, and you must present both that and an identity card/residence permit to the vax center. Your doctor already has that info in your files...maybe not the permit/identity stuff, but AHV. So in theory, I guess it’s possible....

cremebrulee 31.03.2021 13:23

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ennui (Post 3291519)
If you’re in group D and E in Zrh, you can obtain an actual appointment.

Thanks! I was expecting to get an SMS to tell me when I could make an appointment. Luckily I saw your comment and promptly went online.

I'm in Group B and, just a few days ago, I was not able to make an appointment. Now I have both appointments scheduled :)

If appointments have opened up for Groups D & E, sounds like they got the next batch of vaccines in, which is promising.

Kittster 31.03.2021 13:27

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
My co-workers who live in Berne were able to register for the vaccination long before we could here in Zurich. They have been placed in a particular category based on their age and health status, so if you have a pre-existing condition, you should be eligible for the shot sooner rather than later?

I'm getting my first shot in Zurich on 15 April.

MusicChick 31.03.2021 13:47

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
What's hapenin' in VD? Did things stop for Easter break? Didn't see any vax waiting lines anywhere.

ennui 31.03.2021 13:49

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cremebrulee (Post 3291541)
Thanks! I was expecting to get an SMS to tell me when I could make an appointment. Luckily I saw your comment and promptly went online.

I'm in Group B and, just a few days ago, I was not able to make an appointment. Now I have both appointments scheduled :)

If appointments have opened up for Groups D & E, sounds like they got the next batch of vaccines in, which is promising.

I’ve installed the alertSwiss app on my phone, and whenever there is a change in any of the corona vax stuff (among other things) I get a message. It ‘s really useful.

Pachyderm 31.03.2021 15:57

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ennui (Post 3291519)
If you’re in group D and E in Zrh, you can obtain an actual appointment.

Brilliant, thank you. Just been online and booked my appointment. Only 2 weeks to the first jab with the 2nd booked for 4 weeks later.

Some things to be aware of (especially for those whose German isn't great):

-- when I went to the VacMe online page (the one with my 6-digit code, received after registering) just now the message told me "not yet booked" in German which I lazily mistranslated as "not yet bookable" until I actually clicked on the dropdown and could see the list of venues.

-- 'Shop around.' My local place has no availability until 21/4 so I tried the others and am now booked into one of the Zurich locations much sooner.

-- Despite having the AlertSwiss app installed I received no message or email to tell me that my category was now booking so don't depend on it. Keep checking the VacMe page that you get when you first register. Many thanks to @ennui for the message here. I was lucky to spot it and give it a go. You've made my day!!

Pachyderm 31.03.2021 16:01

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axman (Post 3291481)
One of my neighbours just got his appointment (in ZH) for mid-April because he has high-blood pressure.

Good for him, but I am actually very annoyed. He's been super relaxed about the whole Covid, flying to his usual vacation places Maldives, etc., he has friends around for dinner parties, goes to restaurants when they are open, refuses to wear masks or leaves his nose sticking out.. Life didn't change much for him in the past year, whereas I've been very careful in order to protect not just myself but also my family and anyone around me.

I have nothing against people who are in the higher risk groups and so they should be vaccinated first.
But this guy took all the risks despite his medical condition and acted like he didn't care about maybe spreading the virus to anyone else, so it is hard for me to be happy for him when it comes to vaccination he immediately raised that flag and got into an early group, whereas I am in the last group. :msnmad::msnmad:

Sorry to hear that, I can understand your frustration. Certainly not the case with me or other people I know in this age group but I guess there will always be a few selfish/unthinking people who spoil it for others.

Kittster 31.03.2021 17:03

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kri (Post 3291534)
Does anyone know why there is no J group in Zürich? :confused:

Possibly negative historic connotations of being put into a group J or having a J stamped on official documents?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pachyderm (Post 3291610)
Sorry to hear that, I can understand your frustration. Certainly not the case with me or other people I know in this age group but I guess there will always be a few selfish/unthinking people who spoil it for others.

In a way, it's especially those selfish morons who need to be vaccinated as they clearly can't be expected to act like responsible adults...

oatcakes 03.04.2021 19:54

Re: Register in multiple cantons for vaccine?
 
Ok there were some posts saying I should wait in line and I'm a pusher-inner

I'm not trying to jump the queue, I asked if it's a possibility, it's one country, so I don't see why not, even if it is all kantons, it was a question!

Due to having underlying condition I was contacted by my UK practice to get a vaccine, and even my brother in his 20s was called asking him about the vaccine. So I am considering flying back to the UK since I think the vaccine has been terribly handled by a "rich" country.

I've been at home alone, not visited my family for over a year, so the negativity and groans was not what I wanted

Anyway I'm in group E for Bern, my doctor said she doesn't want to write a letter, she said it was for people that were not looking after themselves or really suffering from their condition, something along those lines

Currently A,B,C groups are offered vaccine in Bern


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0