Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21.04.2021, 12:34
Spinal's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,266
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,213 Times in 534 Posts
Spinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond repute
No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

I noted in the local that people who get the mRNA vaccine (moderna & pfizer) will be exempt from quarantine restrictions...

Quote:
Only people inoculated with a mRNA vaccine will be able to benefit from this measure.
This will make for an interesting question - if you had the az vaccine in the UK, does that mean that you can then get a second vaccine in CH to escape quarantine?

M.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21.04.2021, 12:40
Ato Ato is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: ZH
Posts: 1,292
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,375 Times in 969 Posts
Ato has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
I noted in the local that people who get the mRNA vaccine (moderna & pfizer) will be exempt from quarantine restrictions...



This will make for an interesting question - if you had the az vaccine in the UK, does that mean that you can then get a second vaccine in CH to escape quarantine?

M.
I wouldn't think so, as it looks like you'll need the double dose of mRNA vaccine.
Also you can only escape if you've had both shots more than 14 days ago, so even with one AZ and one mRNA, you'd still have to lock yourself up.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Ato for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 21.04.2021, 12:58
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,233
Groaned at 200 Times in 166 Posts
Thanked 13,888 Times in 7,202 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
I noted in the local that people who get the mRNA vaccine (moderna & pfizer) will be exempt from quarantine restrictions...



This will make for an interesting question - if you had the az vaccine in the UK, does that mean that you can then get a second vaccine in CH to escape quarantine?

M.
Exempt from quarantine where? In Switzerland? In England? (Please don't make me read the local ).
Reply With Quote
The following 11 users would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 21.04.2021, 13:01
Ato Ato is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: ZH
Posts: 1,292
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,375 Times in 969 Posts
Ato has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
Exempt from quarantine where? In Switzerland? In England? (Please don't make me read the local ).
I have braved that fortress of terrible cut and paste through translate news.

It looks like it will be valid for people entering Switzerland.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Ato for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 21.04.2021, 13:16
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 12,684
Groaned at 205 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 20,729 Times in 8,538 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
Exempt from quarantine where? In Switzerland? In England? (Please don't make me read the local ).
Quote:
View Post
I have braved that fortress of terrible cut and paste through translate news.

It looks like it will be valid for people entering Switzerland.
I took one for the team and read it too and as far as I can tell it is just for people who have been in contact with confirmed positive people in Switzerland.

It won’t affect travel related quarantine for the moment.
Reply With Quote
The following 11 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 21.04.2021, 13:17
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,233
Groaned at 200 Times in 166 Posts
Thanked 13,888 Times in 7,202 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
I have braved that fortress of terrible cut and paste through translate news.

It looks like it will be valid for people entering Switzerland.
Brave man. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21.04.2021, 13:19
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,233
Groaned at 200 Times in 166 Posts
Thanked 13,888 Times in 7,202 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
I have braved that fortress of terrible cut and paste through translate news.

It looks like it will be valid for people entering Switzerland.
Quote:
View Post
I took one for the team and read it too and as far as I can tell it is just for people who have been in contact with confirmed positive people in Switzerland.

It won’t affect travel related quarantine for the moment.
An other proof that one is just as smart before reading the local as after.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 21.04.2021, 13:21
Ato Ato is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: ZH
Posts: 1,292
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,375 Times in 969 Posts
Ato has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
I took one for the team and read it too and as far as I can tell it is just for people who have been in contact with confirmed positive people in Switzerland.

It won’t affect travel related quarantine for the moment.
My apologies, I couldn't stay that long in the article, I applaud your tenacity.
Reply With Quote
The following 6 users would like to thank Ato for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 21.04.2021, 13:37
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 12,684
Groaned at 205 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 20,729 Times in 8,538 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
My apologies, I couldn't stay that long in the article, I applaud your tenacity.
I can’t say I blame you, it was hard going.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 21.04.2021, 17:36
Spinal's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,266
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,213 Times in 534 Posts
Spinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
I took one for the team and read it too and as far as I can tell it is just for people who have been in contact with confirmed positive people in Switzerland.

It won’t affect travel related quarantine for the moment.
That's my interpretation as well - though it seems to say that travel rules will be adjusted to reflect...

Quote:
View Post
I wouldn't think so, as it looks like you'll need the double dose of mRNA vaccine.
Also you can only escape if you've had both shots more than 14 days ago, so even with one AZ and one mRNA, you'd still have to lock yourself up.
I actually meant a full vaccination for Az and then a full one for Pfizer.

I got my appointment for CH today, sadly, it's so short notice and I'm in the UK at the moment so had to postpone it.

Honestly surprised I got it, as I'm <40 and have no underlying conditions that I'm aware of...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 21.04.2021, 17:37
Ato Ato is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: ZH
Posts: 1,292
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 2,375 Times in 969 Posts
Ato has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
That's my interpretation as well - though it seems to say that travel rules will be adjusted to reflect...


I actually meant a full vaccination for Az and then a full one for Pfizer.

I got my appointment for CH today, sadly, it's so short notice and I'm in the UK at the moment so had to postpone it.

Honestly surprised I got it, as I'm <40 and have no underlying conditions that I'm aware of...
Can I have it? Send me on some details and I'll do my best to sneak it into my arm.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 21.04.2021, 22:38
Spinal's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,266
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,213 Times in 534 Posts
Spinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
That's my interpretation as well - though it seems to say that travel rules will be adjusted to reflect...


I actually meant a full vaccination for Az and then a full one for Pfizer.

I got my appointment for CH today, sadly, it's so short notice and I'm in the UK at the moment so had to postpone it.

Honestly surprised I got it, as I'm <40 and have no underlying conditions that I'm aware of...
https://www.aargauerzeitung.ch/aarga...uer-ld.2127751

Looks like Kanton Aargau is doing people over 33, who live with high risk people. Very interesting. Hopefully I get rescheduled soon.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 22.04.2021, 16:23
Spinal's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,266
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,213 Times in 534 Posts
Spinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
https://www.aargauerzeitung.ch/aarga...uer-ld.2127751

Looks like Kanton Aargau is doing people over 33, who live with high risk people. Very interesting. Hopefully I get rescheduled soon.
Quick update, looks like Aargau has found a secret stash of vaccines... today got an update, and it was still when I'm in the UK.

Clicked reschedule, and it bumped it forwards a few hours... did that a few times, and that resulted in an appointment a few hours later each time - so now I have my appointment a few days after

Oddly surprised by canton AG....
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Spinal for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 28.04.2021, 18:22
Spinal's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,266
Groaned at 10 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 1,213 Times in 534 Posts
Spinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond reputeSpinal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Last update from me for a while, got my (moderna) vaccine today in Windisch.

The process was... Swiss. That's the easiest way to explain it. Highly organised, very efficient.

I would guess there were maybe 10 bays in the area I could see. Chatting to the person taking my details he said that at that site alone they are doing 800-1000 vaccines per day.

After the vaccine, I was provided with:
- stamp + sticker in my "international certificate of vaccination" (yellow fever vaccine passport thing I use to travel to scary countries)
- printed confirmation of vaccine
- pdf by email of this
- printed help flyer with useful info

Next shot is in three weeks.
Reply With Quote
The following 9 users would like to thank Spinal for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 28.04.2021, 19:01
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 1,136
Groaned at 454 Times in 266 Posts
Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,277 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
https://www.aargauerzeitung.ch/aarga...uer-ld.2127751

Looks like Kanton Aargau is doing people over 33, who live with high risk people. Very interesting. Hopefully I get rescheduled soon.
Do you live with a high risk person, and did they even check when you got your jab?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 28.04.2021, 19:04
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,152
Groaned at 241 Times in 204 Posts
Thanked 23,391 Times in 9,948 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
https://www.aargauerzeitung.ch/aarga...uer-ld.2127751

Looks like Kanton Aargau is doing people over 33, who live with high risk people. Very interesting. Hopefully I get rescheduled soon.
You mean they actually have a register than says "people who live with high-risk people"? Or do you somehow have to make the right noises so they put you on the list?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 28.04.2021, 19:33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Olten
Posts: 292
Groaned at 19 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 213 Times in 118 Posts
hoover1 is considered knowledgeablehoover1 is considered knowledgeablehoover1 is considered knowledgeable
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

is living with a wife/husband not considered living with high risks anyway ?
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank hoover1 for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 28.04.2021, 22:22
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 1,927
Groaned at 39 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,295 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
Do you live with a high risk person, and did they even check when you got your jab?
I think all young healthy people in Aargau who have been done so far have been assessed as group 3 - ie living with an at risk person. They've only just released appointments for group 4 (people who live or work in communal facilities like prisons and home for the disabled) whose vaccinations are taking place next week.

Nobody from group 5 (general young and healthy population) has been given an appointment yet - although judging by the small size of group 4 (27,000 People) and the rate of vaccinations (30,000 a week) shouldn't be longer than a week or so for group 5 to start getting their texts. Most likely for appointments starting the week of 10th May.

Last edited by HickvonFrick; 28.04.2021 at 22:40.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 28.04.2021, 22:29
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Thalwil
Posts: 732
Groaned at 34 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 648 Times in 330 Posts
TinyK is considered knowledgeableTinyK is considered knowledgeableTinyK is considered knowledgeable
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
You mean they actually have a register than says "people who live with high-risk people"? Or do you somehow have to make the right noises so they put you on the list?
They have this group in Zurich as well but it seems that they decided to follow the recommendations of BAG and not to give the family members of the vulnerable persons any priority over other people of their age.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 28.04.2021, 22:39
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 1,927
Groaned at 39 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,295 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Quarantine for mRNA Vaccines

Quote:
View Post
You mean they actually have a register than says "people who live with high-risk people"? Or do you somehow have to make the right noises so they put you on the list?
Yes they have made that assessment - some people seem surprised to be in it mind!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vaccines for India EnglishGirlInSolothurn Family matters/health 3 05.05.2016 11:59
Titre testing instead of vaccines? finnella Pet corner 9 11.03.2016 11:02
Important new information regarding vaccines and homeopathy PaddyG Jokes/funnies 55 14.11.2015 15:28
brain eating vaccines.... Taichief General off-topic 1 04.08.2010 15:02
Vaccines in CH and the World Verbier Family matters/health 5 25.03.2009 14:39


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0