Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 25.08.2021, 17:39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 261
Groaned at 40 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 283 Times in 150 Posts
Svenca has an excellent reputationSvenca has an excellent reputationSvenca has an excellent reputationSvenca has an excellent reputation
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
I'm willing to keep an open mind regarding Ivermectin, there's currently a study being carried out at Oxford University and am curious to see the results. I'm willing to keep an open mind on any treatment that is discredited by those, especially doctors and scientists, who say that facemasks are an effective measure!

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57570377
https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-06-23...rinciple-trial
https://covid19up.org/university-of-...me%20treatment.

Sadly I think the study has been set up to fail.
This user would like to thank Svenca for this useful post:
  #62  
Old 25.08.2021, 20:32
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
https://covid19up.org/university-of-...me%20treatment.

Sadly I think the study has been set up to fail.
Just read your linked article and my thought is: not surprising.

Nor is it surprising that good ole Merk disavowed the medication, Ivermectin, for which they received the patent 40 years ago. For the record, it went "off patent" in 1996.

Geez, I keep forgetting that ANYONE can make ivermectin now and it costs pennies to produce. Funny that Merk is applying for a patent on another COVID therapeutic which is in FDA trials as I type. What rhymes with conflict of interest?

I keep asking but no one here is able to supply data which contradicts Ivermectin use in India and the decline in COVID in states which adopted the protocol versus those which did not.

Anyone of you have a theory as to why Africa seems to be in much better shape than expected regarding COVID? Ivermectin, an anti-malarial, is widely distributed throughout Africa.

For all of the posters making analogies to Ivermectin and bleach, ibuprofen etc... can you provide evidence against India/Ivermectin's apparent efficacy or have a theory as to why Africa has evaded what many projected was a catastrophe given their limited medical infrastructure?

As I wrote, I am already vaccinated (J&J vaccine in the US) but curious to hear your responses.
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #63  
Old 25.08.2021, 21:08
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,941
Groaned at 618 Times in 523 Posts
Thanked 22,158 Times in 11,628 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
Just read your linked article and my thought is: not surprising.

Nor is it surprising that good ole Merk disavowed the medication, Ivermectin, for which they received the patent 40 years ago. For the record, it went "off patent" in 1996.

Geez, I keep forgetting that ANYONE can make ivermectin now and it costs pennies to produce. Funny that Merk is applying for a patent on another COVID therapeutic which is in FDA trials as I type. What rhymes with conflict of interest?

I keep asking but no one here is able to supply data which contradicts Ivermectin use in India and the decline in COVID in states which adopted the protocol versus those which did not.

Anyone of you have a theory as to why Africa seems to be in much better shape than expected regarding COVID? Ivermectin, an anti-malarial, is widely distributed throughout Africa.

For all of the posters making analogies to Ivermectin and bleach, ibuprofen etc... can you provide evidence against India/Ivermectin's apparent efficacy or have a theory as to why Africa has evaded what many projected was a catastrophe given their limited medical infrastructure?

As I wrote, I am already vaccinated (J&J vaccine in the US) but curious to hear your responses.
The median age in Africa is 19.7years so a disease that mainly kills old people will not have much impact.
For those Africans born in 2021, the average life expectancy at birth across Africa is 63 years for males and 66 years for females, for the US the comparative numbers are 76 and 80 and the median age is 38.

Same for India the comparative numbers are 69 and 72, the median age in India is 28.4 years.

This is probably the best explanation of the claim about Indian states.
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #64  
Old 25.08.2021, 21:53
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
The median age in Africa is 19.7years so a disease that mainly kills old people will not have much impact.
For those Africans born in 2021, the average life expectancy at birth across Africa is 63 years for males and 66 years for females, for the US the comparative numbers are 76 and 80 and the median age is 38.

Same for India the comparative numbers are 69 and 72, the median age in India is 28.4 years.

This is probably the best explanation of the claim about Indian states.
A website called "Health Feedback"- Looks to me as though they are funded by WHO which has as much credibility as the CDC at this point. A friend recently asked me why I would ever question the FDA or CDC... I countered that both agencies turned a blind eye to oxycodone for 10+ years in the US. Read "American Overdose" by an investigative journalist from The Guardian and you will see how corrupt the FDA/CDC is and how many politicians benefit monetarily and then some to the detriment of the populace. A very well researched book.

Anyway, your link was from May 2021.

Here's another website to consider regarding India/Ivermectin and it just came out 2 days ago:

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...1ae87887a.html

And another which is suing the WHO for claiming that Ivermectin has no efficacy regarding COVID:

https://healthpolicy-watch.news/indi...vid-treatment/
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #65  
Old 26.08.2021, 08:50
NotAllThere's Avatar
Modulo 2
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 15,257
Groaned at 312 Times in 268 Posts
Thanked 23,678 Times in 9,629 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
<link to a conspiracy theory website>.

Sadly I think the study has been set up to fail.
It's worse than I thought. Oxford university is on the conspiracy!
The following 2 users would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post:
  #66  
Old 26.08.2021, 10:07
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,941
Groaned at 618 Times in 523 Posts
Thanked 22,158 Times in 11,628 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
A website called "Health Feedback"- Looks to me as though they are funded by WHO which has as much credibility as the CDC at this point. A friend recently asked me why I would ever question the FDA or CDC... I countered that both agencies turned a blind eye to oxycodone for 10+ years in the US. Read "American Overdose" by an investigative journalist from The Guardian and you will see how corrupt the FDA/CDC is and how many politicians benefit monetarily and then some to the detriment of the populace. A very well researched book.

Anyway, your link was from May 2021.

Here's another website to consider regarding India/Ivermectin and it just came out 2 days ago:

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opin...1ae87887a.html

And another which is suing the WHO for claiming that Ivermectin has no efficacy regarding COVID:

https://healthpolicy-watch.news/indi...vid-treatment/
"A website called "Health Feedback"- Looks to me as though they are funded by WHO" oh! and I thought this was meant to be an intelligent discussion!

Here is their list of people and organisations funding this website, do you see WHO?

I have shown you mine now you show me yours that proves WHO funds this website or drop your nonsense claim.

"And another which is suing the WHO for claiming that Ivermectin has no efficacy" There is no record anywhere of such a lawsuit.

For me, it is inexplicable that people who are concerned about vaccine safety are nevertheless happy to promote people taking drugs daily despite the contrary studies.
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
  #67  
Old 26.08.2021, 19:07
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
"A website called "Health Feedback"- Looks to me as though they are funded by WHO" oh! and I thought this was meant to be an intelligent discussion!

Here is their list of people and organisations funding this website, do you see WHO?

I have shown you mine now you show me yours that proves WHO funds this website or drop your nonsense claim.

"And another which is suing the WHO for claiming that Ivermectin has no efficacy" There is no record anywhere of such a lawsuit.

For me, it is inexplicable that people who are concerned about vaccine safety are nevertheless happy to promote people taking drugs daily despite the contrary studies.
It was a "Legal Notice" issued in India against the a lead scientist of the WHO in Geneva. My bad as I should not have used the term "sue".

Here is the link to the notice:

https://indianbarassociation.in/wp-c...tist-WHO-1.pdf

From what I have researched which I have copied and pasted below:

"A Legal notice in India is the very first step of any legal proceeding as it alerts a person to get prepared for a court action. A legal notice is like a word of warning sent as it lays down the conditions that the person receiving the notice is required to follow; otherwise a legal action may be taken against him."

As for the WHO reference, I was being facetious. That said, Facebook's entry on the top of the donor list, pretty much ruins the credibility of the website in question in my view - especially when it deals with COVID . Again, not a FACT Marton, just my opinion....
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #68  
Old 26.08.2021, 20:47
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,876
Groaned at 62 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
Just read your linked article and my thought is: not surprising.

Nor is it surprising that good ole Merk disavowed the medication, Ivermectin, for which they received the patent 40 years ago. For the record, it went "off patent" in 1996.

Geez, I keep forgetting that ANYONE can make ivermectin now and it costs pennies to produce. Funny that Merk is applying for a patent on another COVID therapeutic which is in FDA trials as I type. What rhymes with conflict of interest?

I keep asking but no one here is able to supply data which contradicts Ivermectin use in India and the decline in COVID in states which adopted the protocol versus those which did not.

Anyone of you have a theory as to why Africa seems to be in much better shape than expected regarding COVID? Ivermectin, an anti-malarial, is widely distributed throughout Africa.

For all of the posters making analogies to Ivermectin and bleach, ibuprofen etc... can you provide evidence against India/Ivermectin's apparent efficacy or have a theory as to why Africa has evaded what many projected was a catastrophe given their limited medical infrastructure?

As I wrote, I am already vaccinated (J&J vaccine in the US) but curious to hear your responses.
You do realise there's every chance that ivermectin could be "on" patent for Covid 19 very soon?

Patent applications publish 18 months from the priority filing so we are about to see the March 2020 ones come out... Provisional protection kicks in from publication.

Pretty much anyone who has an antiviral will have filed on it in March, April, May etc...

See https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pate...%20coronavirus

Seriously, if Pharma could get a new patent on an old drug and a 20 year term without having to worry about new manufacturing, formulation, safety etc. it'd jump on it.

Last edited by HickvonFrick; 26.08.2021 at 21:08.
This user would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post:
  #69  
Old 26.08.2021, 20:59
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
You do realise there's every chance that ivermectin could be "on" patent for Covid 19 very soon?

Patent applications publish 18 months from the priority filing so we are about to see the March 2020 ones come out...
No...I did not... Just saw your link. Interesting... How can they get an off-patent drug back on patent? Are they modifying the chemical formulation so that it is essentially the same thing?

As a funny aside, they do that for hair products. Formaldehyde is pretty much forbidden in most countries but it is a very effective hair/frizz relaxer. And so, many companies just altered the chemical composition slightly so that technically, it is not Formaldehyde but in effect, it acts in the same capacity and does the same thing.
  #70  
Old 26.08.2021, 21:01
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,941
Groaned at 618 Times in 523 Posts
Thanked 22,158 Times in 11,628 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
It was a "Legal Notice" issued in India against the a lead scientist of the WHO in Geneva. My bad as I should not have used the term "sue".

Here is the link to the notice:

https://indianbarassociation.in/wp-c...tist-WHO-1.pdf

From what I have researched which I have copied and pasted below:

"A Legal notice in India is the very first step of any legal proceeding as it alerts a person to get prepared for a court action. A legal notice is like a word of warning sent as it lays down the conditions that the person receiving the notice is required to follow; otherwise a legal action may be taken against him."

As for the WHO reference, I was being facetious. That said, Facebook's entry on the top of the donor list, pretty much ruins the credibility of the website in question in my view - especially when it deals with COVID . Again, not a FACT Marton, just my opinion....
You claimed WHO was being sued, now you agree that your claim was untrue and they just were sent a legal notice which might eventually be abandoned.

About WHO; I was only joking is a pathetic excuse you can do better than that.

So your comment about Facebook is also facetious?
  #71  
Old 26.08.2021, 21:05
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,941
Groaned at 618 Times in 523 Posts
Thanked 22,158 Times in 11,628 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
No...I did not... Can you provide some references/links? Is Merk filing this patent?If that is the case, yet another instance of Pharma reaping profits to the detriment of the populace. At the moment, ANYONE can produce Ivermectin - and it costs pennies to produce currently. And the cost to the patient, very low.

But I guess Fair Market Value means the price will rise and then some - provided many see a benefit.

Can you provide some links?
Of course, anybody can produce Ivermectin but it can only be used medicinally for the approved purposes.

If it is used for a new approved purpose then that opens the possibility of a new patent covering the new purpose, anyway HvF is the expert on this.
  #72  
Old 26.08.2021, 21:09
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,876
Groaned at 62 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
No...I did not... Just saw your link. Interesting... How can they get an off-patent drug back on patent? Are they modifying the chemical formulation so that it is essentially the same thing?

As a funny aside, they do that for hair products. Formaldehyde is pretty much forbidden in most countries but it is a very effective hair/frizz relaxer. And so, many companies just altered the chemical composition slightly so that technically, it is not Formaldehyde but in effect, it acts in the same capacity and does the same thing.
Most places will give a new patent on a old drug for a new indication. There are exceptions (India, Argentina spring to mild).
The following 2 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post:
  #73  
Old 26.08.2021, 21:11
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,876
Groaned at 62 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
Of course, anybody can produce Ivermectin but it can only be used medicinally for the approved purposes.

If it is used for a new approved purpose then that opens the possibility of a new patent covering the new purpose, anyway HvF is the expert on this.
It doesn't have to be approved. On the contrary you'd typically file before first patient first visit to preserve novelty. You could get the patent from cell line data or animal studies.
This user would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post:
  #74  
Old 26.08.2021, 21:13
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
Of course, anybody can produce Ivermectin but it can only be used medicinally for the approved purposes.

If it is used for a new approved purpose then that opens the possibility of a new patent covering the new purpose, anyway HvF is the expert on this.
Wrong Marton, many drugs are used off label and prescribed by physicians. Well in the US at least...Not so sure about Switzerland
  #75  
Old 26.08.2021, 21:14
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
Most places will give a new patent on a old drug for a new indication. There are exceptions (India, Argentina spring to mild).
So yet again an instance of good ole Pharma reaping profits! What a travesty!! Once off patent, always off patent in my view...
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #76  
Old 26.08.2021, 21:19
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,876
Groaned at 62 Times in 50 Posts
Thanked 4,070 Times in 1,901 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
So yet again an instance of good ole Pharma reaping profits! What a travesty!! Once off patent, always off patent in my view...
So if someone finds an old drug cures cancer you'd reward that person with absolutely nothing?

The patent system is there to reward public disclosure of information that'd be beneficial to the public. Companies would keep things secret otherwise (you can come to our factory and take the cancer saving drug but we won't tell you what is..)

More likely research into these old drugs would simply be dropped as it has no source of funding.

Basically people would miss Pharma companies if they weren't around anymore. No Covid vaccine for a start...
The following 2 users would like to thank HickvonFrick for this useful post:
  #77  
Old 26.08.2021, 21:23
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Well, on second thought... I think there needs to be special consideration for "pandemic" situations to ensure Pharma cannot capitalise. If an off-patent drug is valuable during a pandemic then surely drug manufacturers should not be able to re-patent it to make an exorbitant profit?

PS...If that off-patent drug is in fact valuable...then why the EUA vaccines?
  #78  
Old 26.08.2021, 21:25
terrifisch
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Sorry, HVF, I was typing as you posted your response...but I get it
  #79  
Old 26.08.2021, 21:33
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,941
Groaned at 618 Times in 523 Posts
Thanked 22,158 Times in 11,628 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
Wrong Marton, many drugs are used off label and prescribed by physicians. Well in the US at least...Not so sure about Switzerland
We are getting away from the topic of patents anyway
Quote:
Prescribing drugs and medical devices for off-label use can be a source of increased liability for physicians when such use falls short of patients’ expec-tations—but it need not be.
Physicians may give themselves additional protection against malpractice claims by making sure that their prescriptions for off-label uses are:
(1) made with the patient’s knowledge that a drug is being prescribed for an off-label use;
(2) principally motivated by a desire to diagnose, treat and directly benefit the patient for whom a drug is prescribed;
(3) based on the doctor’s own expert medical opinion;
(4) supported by reputable peer-reviewed literature reflecting sound scientific evidence;
(5) generally supported by the opinions of the physician’s local colleagues.
  #80  
Old 26.08.2021, 21:36
marton's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kt. Zürich
Posts: 11,941
Groaned at 618 Times in 523 Posts
Thanked 22,158 Times in 11,628 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to buy ivermectin?

Quote:
View Post
It doesn't have to be approved. On the contrary you'd typically file before first patient first visit to preserve novelty. You could get the patent from cell line data or animal studies.
Thanks, of course.

I said you were the expert.

I believe some patent applications were made on the basis of significantly different dosages and frequency?
This user would like to thank marton for this useful post:
Closed Thread

Tags
ivermectin




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0