Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07.07.2021, 18:38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Basel
Posts: 284
Groaned at 200 Times in 78 Posts
Thanked 457 Times in 203 Posts
FairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
No, I think they are part of the conspiracy to hide the fact that there is a cure for dandruff. Dandruff doesn’t kill, so why provide the cure and kill their multi billion shampoo business?
hello axman. Maybe you and lost-inbroad can learn a little and see how that shampoo does not cure dandruff (at all) if you want to know more contact me I can elaborate on that topic
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank FairDinkum for this useful post:
  #22  
Old 07.07.2021, 18:56
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Frick, Aargau
Posts: 2,529
Groaned at 51 Times in 45 Posts
Thanked 3,424 Times in 1,645 Posts
HickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond reputeHickvonFrick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
I have decided the Johnson and Johnson vaccine for Covid 19 will be the best choice for me.
Does anyone know if it will be available in Switzerland?
I wrote to J&J and had no response.
They have it in Germany but you need a German health insurance card.
TIA
I think your only option would be to wait until it's available privately.

The only reasons I can think why you'd go for it so strongly over the others are an allergy to one of the ingredients present only in the other two vaccines (or perhaps a tendency to develop myocarditis or a history of severe myocarditis)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07.07.2021, 18:56
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,643
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,462 Times in 7,473 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
How on earth do you know J&J is "the best choice" for you? Are you a vaccines expert? Or just prefer one jab? J&J's appears less efficacious

Just get vaccinated - it's free!
I thought they were into baby-products.

Maybe the bum-powder worked so well, OP thinks the vaccine must be great.
Oh hang on .... (I did not read the entire article this time, feel free not to either).

edit: Ah, I see, it's all already been mentioned.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07.07.2021, 18:56
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,649
Groaned at 290 Times in 235 Posts
Thanked 24,846 Times in 10,492 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
hello axman. Maybe you and lost-inbroad can learn a little and see how that shampoo does not cure dandruff (at all) if you want to know more contact me I can elaborate on that topic
If you never had dandruff you need to wash your hair twice with that shampoo

If you did have dandruff but are cured you only need to wash once
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07.07.2021, 18:58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: zugish
Posts: 268
Groaned at 15 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 230 Times in 124 Posts
mossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputationmossie has an excellent reputation
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
I have decided the Johnson and Johnson vaccine for Covid 19 will be the best choice for me.
Does anyone know if it will be available in Switzerland?
I wrote to J&J and had no response.
They have it in Germany but you need a German health insurance card.
TIA
Try Serbia or Romania and you can take your pick. I got mine when In Romania while I was working there in a hospital.Serbia were offering to anyone from EU states.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07.07.2021, 19:06
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,643
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,462 Times in 7,473 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
hello axman. Maybe you and lost-inbroad can learn a little and see how that shampoo does not cure dandruff (at all) if you want to know more contact me I can elaborate on that topic
Oh please don't.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07.07.2021, 19:08
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Basel
Posts: 284
Groaned at 200 Times in 78 Posts
Thanked 457 Times in 203 Posts
FairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
I thought they were into baby-products.

Maybe the bum-powder worked so well, OP thinks the vaccine must be great.
Oh hang on .... (I did not read the entire article this time, feel free not to either).
oh oh Curleyyy longtimenosee..

Are you implying how a pharma company liken J&J net worth $435 Billion would cheat a little and do a lousy vaccine or something like thatv ?? Their vax is approved by many different gov agencies incl EMA What's this anti-vax propaganda???
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07.07.2021, 20:15
Pancakes's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Zurich-ish
Posts: 4,664
Groaned at 255 Times in 181 Posts
Thanked 9,603 Times in 3,606 Posts
Pancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond reputePancakes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Pancakes for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 07.07.2021, 21:10
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Thalwil
Posts: 949
Groaned at 37 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 867 Times in 434 Posts
TinyK has earned the respect of manyTinyK has earned the respect of manyTinyK has earned the respect of many
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
AZ is the old skool vac. As per current documentation, https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...html#428181865

AZ is expected to be approved shortly
None of them are old school vaccines. The old school vaccines are Chinese Coronavac (Sinovac) and Sinopharm, Russian CoviVac, India's Covaxin and Kazakh QazCovid-in.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TinyK for this useful post:
  #30  
Old 07.07.2021, 21:14
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,643
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,462 Times in 7,473 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
oh oh Curleyyy longtimenosee..

Are you implying how a pharma company liken J&J net worth $435 Billion would cheat a little and do a lousy vaccine or something like thatv ?? Their vax is approved by many different gov agencies incl EMA What's this anti-vax propaganda???
You mean you overlooked me lately?

I'm not implying anything. I just thought J&J was a baby-product company and the first link I found was about some parents not liking them retrospectively.

Come to think of it I actually would be curious to know how OP came to the conclusion J&J got the best vaccine for them? Or has the secret been revealed already? I'm not the most attentive EF-reader.

Quote:
View Post
None of them are old school vaccines. The old school vaccines are Chinese Coronavac (Sinovac) and Sinopharm, Russian CoviVac, India's Covaxin and Kazakh QazCovid-in.
Blimey, someone did their homework
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08.07.2021, 00:01
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Basel
Posts: 284
Groaned at 200 Times in 78 Posts
Thanked 457 Times in 203 Posts
FairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

curley , yesss first you told me I should come for the EF drinks then you're not coming

Second, it is funny in a way, how you curley, aB fab and few others are ready to give out lessons to the ones you consider a bit dumb but soon as we scratch a little bit on the surface... it's "oh I didnt know how a baby powder company is making vaccines now" , then, you yourself fell in the trap, by showing how 'what can we really expect from a company that for ages has been using asbestos" then 1,4-Dioxane ,triclosan,peg in baby products , so how come now their vax is a good one . You see, that could label you as anti vaccer,anti science, aluminium hat,Quanon, and lot of other sweet names .

On the other side, this also reveals how each one of us is a by-product of that media wash ... since they orient us what do believe , what to hate , what to consider irresponsible, good or bad... but in reality no one even knows anything even though they have the feeling as if they've got their own opinion . but it's just repeating prefabricated ready-to-eat , replies,phrases...
__________________
'still not loving police, still rocking khakis with a cuff and a crease...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08.07.2021, 00:12
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,643
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,462 Times in 7,473 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
curley , yesss first you told me I should come for the EF drinks then you're not coming

Second, it is funny in a way, how you curley, aB fab and few others are ready to give out lessons to the ones you consider a bit dumb but soon as we scratch a little bit on the surface... it's "oh I didnt know how a baby powder company is making vaccines now" , then, you yourself fell in the trap, by showing how 'what can we really expect from a company that for ages has been using asbestos" then 1,4-Dioxane ,triclosan,peg in baby products , so how come now their vax is a good one . You see, that could label you as anti vaccer,anti science, aluminium hat,Quanon, and lot of other sweet names .

On the other side, this also reveals how each one of us is a by-product of that media wash ... since they orient us what do believe , what to hate , what to consider irresponsible, good or bad... but in reality no one even knows anything even though they have the feeling as if they've got their own opinion . but it's just repeating prefabricated ready-to-eat , replies,phrases...
Yes, that was a little cheeky. But let's say, if the others survive meeting you I will consider (and as you tend to read a lot of stuff into nothing I repeat "consider") joining a next meet-up

The rest ....sorry, you lost me there. But you can label me anything you like, what ever gives you the biggest kick.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08.07.2021, 00:18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Basel
Posts: 284
Groaned at 200 Times in 78 Posts
Thanked 457 Times in 203 Posts
FairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond reputeFairDinkum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

miss you already curley
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank FairDinkum for this useful post:
  #34  
Old 08.07.2021, 12:55
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: La tour de peilz
Posts: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
dentblanche has earned some respectdentblanche has earned some respect
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
No, it is not available in Switzerland.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08.07.2021, 13:07
starmir's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kanton Zurich
Posts: 468
Groaned at 7 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 488 Times in 211 Posts
starmir has a reputation beyond reputestarmir has a reputation beyond reputestarmir has a reputation beyond reputestarmir has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

This here as a first post is clearly a troll account.

I am sure we have a serious vaccine debates on other posts, this is not the place...

(Unless you have a vaccine for trolls )
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08.07.2021, 13:40
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: La tour de peilz
Posts: 4
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
dentblanche has earned some respectdentblanche has earned some respect
Quote:
View Post
Rastapopulus , same with Janssen from J&J .

I think J&J vaccine is available in france so maybe that's an option? I think now that EMA has approved that vaccine it'll be accepted in all countries..
Quote:
View Post
This here as a first post is clearly a troll account.

I am sure we have a serious vaccine debates on other posts, this is not the place...

(Unless you have a vaccine for trolls )
No not a troll...

Just asking.
Did not realize people were so opinionated about ones personal choice.

Hmmm.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 09.07.2021 at 22:16. Reason: merging consecutive replies
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08.07.2021, 13:58
olygirl's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: d' Innerschwiiz
Posts: 7,068
Groaned at 352 Times in 235 Posts
Thanked 16,646 Times in 5,102 Posts
olygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond reputeolygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

This is the internet. We're opinionated about everything.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08.07.2021, 14:47
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 12,643
Groaned at 206 Times in 171 Posts
Thanked 14,462 Times in 7,473 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
No not a troll...

Just asking.
Did not realize people were so opinionated about ones personal choice.

Hmmm.
No problem with your choice but it would be interesting why the J&J vaccine would be the best for you? Your reasons might work for others as well, if you'd reveal the secret.

Unless you are a J&J employee, trying to get things moving for your company in this country?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08.07.2021, 14:49
fatmanfilms's Avatar
The Marmite Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 20,999
Groaned at 449 Times in 343 Posts
Thanked 22,278 Times in 11,530 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Quote:
View Post
No problem with your choice but it would be interesting why the J&J vaccine would be the best for you? Your reasons might work for others as well, if you'd reveal the secret.

Unless you are a J&J employee, trying to get things moving for your company in this country?
The most obvious is you are classified as fully vaccinated 3-4 weeks before any 2 shot vaccine.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post:
  #40  
Old 08.07.2021, 14:53
Ato Ato is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: ZH
Posts: 1,512
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,135 Posts
Ato has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond reputeAto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Johnson and Johnson Covid vaccine

Other "valid" reason:

"I'm scared of needles"
"I don't want my arm to be sore more than once"
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how many think Johnson has done a good job with The Deal? JackieH International affairs/politics 196 07.01.2021 00:35
Boris Johnson for PM? PaddyG International affairs/politics 409 18.06.2020 20:57
Will Johnson be a good Prime Minister? reids International affairs/politics 206 28.08.2019 19:16
Perhaps I misjudged Boris Johnson Castro General off-topic 12 10.09.2018 22:25
Know anyone at Johnson and Johnson? nmcotton Employment 8 16.04.2008 19:46


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0