Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 18.07.2021, 09:38
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 43
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 9 Posts
LondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeable
Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Hi

I was vaccinated in the U.K. with the Astra Zeneca vaccine and I am now finding I canít get a Swiss Covid-19 vaccine certificate. Appreciate that they are only accepting mRNA vaccines but it gives me a problem.


They also accept EU vaccine certification which includes the AZ vaccine but as we are a non-EU member I canít get one of those either.

This means even though I am fully vaccinated I canít attend events unless I get a Covid test each time.

Any suggestions what I can do without getting another course of vaccines here in Switzerland? Also would it be safe if i did get a further two vaccine shots?
  #2  
Old 18.07.2021, 09:43
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,373
Groaned at 1,238 Times in 821 Posts
Thanked 19,388 Times in 7,504 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Also would it be safe if i did get a further two vaccine shots?
Yes, EF with its full roster of armchair doctors can of course confirm that getting another course of vaccines is perfectly safe. Oh wait, no it can't, ask an actual doctor.

As for the other part, as you said Switzerland only accepts MRNA vaccines, so it's unlikely that they would give you a vaccine certificate for an unrecognised vaccine that does not meet those approval requirements.

Looks like you are caught between a rock and a hard place until/if CH approve the AZ vaccine or you get a dose of MRNA after consulting a doctor to see if it's ok or not.
The following 2 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 18.07.2021, 09:46
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,251
Groaned at 411 Times in 319 Posts
Thanked 17,270 Times in 9,699 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Hi

I was vaccinated in the U.K. with the Astra Zeneca vaccine and I am now finding I canít get a Swiss Covid-19 vaccine certificate. Appreciate that they are only accepting mRNA vaccines but it gives me a problem.


They also accept EU vaccine certification which includes the AZ vaccine but as we are a non-EU member I canít get one of those either.

This means even though I am fully vaccinated I canít attend events unless I get a Covid test each time.

Any suggestions what I can do without getting another course of vaccines here in Switzerland? Also would it be safe if i did get a further two vaccine shots?
If you were vaccinated in the UK can't you get a certificate from there? Via NHS?
  #4  
Old 18.07.2021, 09:48
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 13,373
Groaned at 1,238 Times in 821 Posts
Thanked 19,388 Times in 7,504 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Quote:
View Post
If you were vaccinated in the UK can't you get a certificate from there? Via NHS?
UK certificates for unrecognised vaccines would not be valid within Switzerland as exemption from tests.
  #5  
Old 18.07.2021, 09:52
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuch‚tel
Posts: 13,061
Groaned at 231 Times in 194 Posts
Thanked 21,572 Times in 8,837 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Quote:
View Post
UK certificates for unrecognised vaccines would not be valid within Switzerland as exemption from tests.
Yet they are perfectly acceptable as a means of avoiding quarantine for uk travellers arriving in Switzerland.
Whereís the logic in that?
The following 5 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 18.07.2021, 10:02
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 43
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 9 Posts
LondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeable
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Quote:
View Post
If you were vaccinated in the UK can't you get a certificate from there? Via NHS?
As said above, the NHS certificate is not recognised in Switzerland. An EU one with an Astra Zeneca vaccine is accepted but being an Non-EU member I canít get one of those either
  #7  
Old 18.07.2021, 12:25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 409
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 425 Times in 208 Posts
Spaceghost has an excellent reputationSpaceghost has an excellent reputationSpaceghost has an excellent reputationSpaceghost has an excellent reputation
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Quote:
View Post
If you were vaccinated in the UK can't you get a certificate from there? Via NHS?
Exactly - I have a UK NHS App certificate and no issue whatsoever travelling to Switzerland using that.

I also got it scanned last night in Zurich for access to a club and they scanned the NHS QR code from the app and let me in just fine so I'm not sure who you feel aren't accepting the UK certificate as did my mate also on iPhone. Our other mate though had an Android phone and the NHS app wouldn't scan for the club, so I'm not sure quite why there was a difference as we all had the NHS app.
This user would like to thank Spaceghost for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 18.07.2021, 14:02
kri's Avatar
kri kri is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,877
Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 1,628 Times in 837 Posts
kri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Are you a Swiss resident and were you one at the time of vaccine?
This user would like to thank kri for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 18.07.2021, 14:31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 43
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 9 Posts
LondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeable
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Are you a Swiss resident and were you one at the time of vaccine?
Hi,

Yes I had a Swiss residency permit at the time I received the vaccine (in the U.K.) and I still have a residency permit now
The following 2 users would like to thank LondonKid for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 18.07.2021, 14:30
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 43
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 9 Posts
LondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeable
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Exactly - I have a UK NHS App certificate and no issue whatsoever travelling to Switzerland using that.

I also got it scanned last night in Zurich for access to a club and they scanned the NHS QR code from the app and let me in just fine so I'm not sure who you feel aren't accepting the UK certificate as did my mate also on iPhone. Our other mate though had an Android phone and the NHS app wouldn't scan for the club, so I'm not sure quite why there was a difference as we all had the NHS app.
Thatís great news - I just read online that the NHS app is not accepted in Switzerland
  #11  
Old 18.07.2021, 15:42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Zurich
Posts: 409
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 425 Times in 208 Posts
Spaceghost has an excellent reputationSpaceghost has an excellent reputationSpaceghost has an excellent reputationSpaceghost has an excellent reputation
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Thatís great news - I just read online that the NHS app is not accepted in Switzerland
I've flown out twice since the rules changed 3 weeks ago and no issues using the NHS app to fly from UK to Switzerland.
The following 2 users would like to thank Spaceghost for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 18.07.2021, 15:45
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 43
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 9 Posts
LondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeable
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Quote:
View Post
I've flown out twice since the rules changed 3 weeks ago and no issues using the NHS app to fly from UK to Switzerland.
I think itís fine to fly out of the U.K. with but the problem seems to be using it to enter events whilst In Switzerland
  #13  
Old 20.07.2021, 20:46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Bern
Posts: 43
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 9 Posts
LondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeableLondonKid is considered knowledgeable
Re: Anybody been vaccinated in the U.K. with an AZ vaccine

Quote:
View Post
Exactly - I have a UK NHS App certificate and no issue whatsoever travelling to Switzerland using that.

I also got it scanned last night in Zurich for access to a club and they scanned the NHS QR code from the app and let me in just fine so I'm not sure who you feel aren't accepting the UK certificate as did my mate also on iPhone. Our other mate though had an Android phone and the NHS app wouldn't scan for the club, so I'm not sure quite why there was a difference as we all had the NHS app.
I tried the NHS app in Bern tonight and was turned away from a street food event as the NHS app isnít recognised here
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swiss vaccine certification for vaccine received abroad Commoner Family matters/health 15 22.07.2021 12:24
Entering Italy - vaccinated Enohzee Travel/day trips/free time 4 07.07.2021 13:17
Are you vaccinated against measles? Sbrinz Family matters/health 252 29.08.2019 18:31
Check to ensure you are vaccinated Zug bound Football/sports 24 18.05.2008 16:43


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0