Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 16.11.2014, 22:44
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,494
Groaned at 95 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 8,241 Times in 4,127 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post
I know it's an old thread, but thought I'd ask here.

Has anyone done any laser treatment around Aarau, Luzern, Lenzburg or Sursee?
Zurich would also be ok if the price and quality is right.

How many sesions did you need and how much per sesion?

Are you happy with the result?

Important wuss alert: was it painful?

Does it show that I'm thinking about doing it?

Thanks
Yes! It's is painful. Don't let anyone fool you.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank miniMia for this useful post:
  #42  
Old 16.11.2014, 22:54
J.Marple's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wynental
Posts: 2,382
Groaned at 36 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,716 Times in 1,787 Posts
J.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post
Yes! It's is painful. Don't let anyone fool you.
Let's say that I grow a pair (of balls, please, not more hair) and decide to do it, would you recommend it?

Are you happy with the result?
You can share while you shed a tear at the painful memory, it's ok. We are here to listen and learn.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank J.Marple for this useful post:
  #43  
Old 16.11.2014, 23:03
Oldhand's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,936
Groaned at 20 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 6,484 Times in 1,983 Posts
Oldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond reputeOldhand has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

I've had laser treatment on my face for broken veins. It's uncomfortable but bearable. Think plucking eyebrows and a little extra.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Oldhand for this useful post:
  #44  
Old 16.11.2014, 23:06
J.Marple's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wynental
Posts: 2,382
Groaned at 36 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,716 Times in 1,787 Posts
J.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post
I've had laser treatment on my face for broken veins. It's uncomfortable but bearable. Think plucking eyebrows and a little extra.
Ok, I could probably manage that then. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 16.11.2014, 23:13
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,408
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post
Yes! It's is painful. Don't let anyone fool you.
I am pretty sure it is less painful than an electrical hair removal...

I would like to have it done but I am more scared of the price.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #46  
Old 16.11.2014, 23:18
J.Marple's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wynental
Posts: 2,382
Groaned at 36 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,716 Times in 1,787 Posts
J.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post

I would like to have it done but I am more scared of the price.
I know! To tell you the truth, I think I could cope with the pain.
With the hole in my pocket, not so much.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank J.Marple for this useful post:
  #47  
Old 16.11.2014, 23:26
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 7,761
Groaned at 98 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 5,239 Times in 2,943 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

Let's put it this way. If there no serious discussion about it between two mature spouses like below, then there is no reason to expose oneself to unnecessary dose of pain ...
Attached Thumbnails
laser-hair-removal-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 16.11.2014, 23:40
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,408
Groaned at 442 Times in 346 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post
Let's put it this way. If there no serious discussion about it between two mature spouses like below, then there is no reason to expose oneself to unnecessary dose of pain ...
To be honest, I don't give a rat's butt what my husband think on this matter. It's for me, a question of saving time, energy and avoid the unexpected situations..
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 17.11.2014, 07:26
J.Marple's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wynental
Posts: 2,382
Groaned at 36 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 5,716 Times in 1,787 Posts
J.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond reputeJ.Marple has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

I'm with Nil. It would be for me, he doesn't even notice or care .

I'm just fed up, I tell you, fed up with hair that should know better and move where it's wanted or needed.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 17.11.2014, 08:54
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kt Zh
Posts: 5,259
Groaned at 26 Times in 25 Posts
Thanked 7,523 Times in 3,278 Posts
edot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond reputeedot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

There are home tools too - just google home hair removal for reviews. I think most products are under chf500. If you have dark hair and pale skin they work best.

I've not used them, so can't speak from personal experience.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank edot for this useful post:
  #51  
Old 30.01.2015, 21:04
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Zürich
Posts: 74
Groaned at 19 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 49 Times in 23 Posts
Praktikum has annoyed a few people around herePraktikum has annoyed a few people around herePraktikum has annoyed a few people around here
Re: laser hair removal

For those of you who are interested in permanent hair, I have tried the electrolysis and am extremely satisfied!

Very affordable (comparing to laser), permanent results (unlike laser) and the only disadvantage is that it might get bit painful. However using some anesthetic creams, the pain gets bearable and the outcome really pays it all off!


I started last year and am almost done today!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Praktikum for this useful post:
  #52  
Old 11.09.2017, 23:13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 341
Groaned at 13 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 364 Times in 159 Posts
Ryan_CH is considered knowledgeableRyan_CH is considered knowledgeableRyan_CH is considered knowledgeable
Re: laser hair removal

Dear Friends,

I need to bump an old thread as I cannot find any new ones for this topic. I am fed up with waxing and shaving my upper body and would like to go for permanent hair removal. I have light skin and dark hair which I read is the best combination for good results.

Like many I have concern of pain. I have been reading few comments where the amount of pain is compared to type of procedure and toleration level. For the toleration level part, I still do 'Ewwwwws' when that wax strip is pulled. This gives the impression that I am a touch sensitive in this department. I

Does someone have a recent experience and recommendations on where to get it done ? I live in Zurich and am okay to drive 4-5 hours for treatment. I am not looking for the cheapest solution and not as well for something that costs fortune. I am thereby looking for something that can be a balance between what I pay vs the cost.

I read technology is constantly reviving and I hope things have improved since this thread was last touched 3 years ago. IPL looks like a big no already but your information & help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11.09.2017, 23:45
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Luzern
Posts: 186
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 201 Times in 74 Posts
MarKanLu has earned some respectMarKanLu has earned some respect
Re: laser hair removal

I have a suggestion for you: Philips Lumea Prestige, get the latest model for less than CHF400 and be done with hair problems! It worked great on my legs (fair skin, dark hairs).
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank MarKanLu for this useful post:
  #54  
Old 12.09.2017, 20:50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 341
Groaned at 13 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 364 Times in 159 Posts
Ryan_CH is considered knowledgeableRyan_CH is considered knowledgeableRyan_CH is considered knowledgeable
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post
I have a suggestion for you: Philips Lumea Prestige, get the latest model for less than CHF400 and be done with hair problems! It worked great on my legs (fair skin, dark hairs).
Really? You think a self use IPL machine is better than a professional studio? Is there no need of experience while doing it ?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12.09.2017, 21:29
slammer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lummerland
Posts: 4,129
Groaned at 98 Times in 66 Posts
Thanked 6,743 Times in 2,499 Posts
slammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond reputeslammer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

Go to a good machine shop, they should be able to help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M
Probably use something like this for my chest hair.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12.09.2017, 22:33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 341
Groaned at 13 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 364 Times in 159 Posts
Ryan_CH is considered knowledgeableRyan_CH is considered knowledgeableRyan_CH is considered knowledgeable
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post
Go to a good machine shop, they should be able to help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M
Probably use something like this for my chest hair.
This would definitely kill all hair in one go. Would you be up for a trial ?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12.09.2017, 22:41
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,494
Groaned at 95 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 8,241 Times in 4,127 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post
Dear Friends,

I need to bump an old thread as I cannot find any new ones for this topic. I am fed up with waxing and shaving my upper body and would like to go for permanent hair removal. I have light skin and dark hair which I read is the best combination for good results.

Like many I have concern of pain. I have been reading few comments where the amount of pain is compared to type of procedure and toleration level. For the toleration level part, I still do 'Ewwwwws' when that wax strip is pulled. This gives the impression that I am a touch sensitive in this department. I

Does someone have a recent experience and recommendations on where to get it done ? I live in Zurich and am okay to drive 4-5 hours for treatment. I am not looking for the cheapest solution and not as well for something that costs fortune. I am thereby looking for something that can be a balance between what I pay vs the cost.

I read technology is constantly reviving and I hope things have improved since this thread was last touched 3 years ago. IPL looks like a big no already but your information & help is greatly appreciated.
IPL doesn't work neither do any for home use.

The pain is worse than waxing and lasts longer. The laser I found that works, is super fast and doesn't hurt is the Lumina Duet. (No I don't work for them. But I would if they would hire me!)


I have yet to find one in Switzerland as apparently it's illegal to advertise many types of cosmetic stuff by brand. I've sent an email to the Swiss distributor with no response.

As I only really need one more treatment, I will wait until I go to the US.

However, I have found this laser in Italy with the Google.

Just be sure you really want the hair gone forever... it will not grow back!
__________________
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank miniMia for this useful post:
  #58  
Old 12.09.2017, 23:12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 341
Groaned at 13 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 364 Times in 159 Posts
Ryan_CH is considered knowledgeableRyan_CH is considered knowledgeableRyan_CH is considered knowledgeable
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post
IPL doesn't work neither do any for home use.

The pain is worse than waxing and lasts longer. The laser I found that works, is super fast and doesn't hurt is the Lumina Duet. (No I don't work for them. But I would if they would hire me!)


I have yet to find one in Switzerland as apparently it's illegal to advertise many types of cosmetic stuff by brand. I've sent an email to the Swiss distributor with no response.

As I only really need one more treatment, I will wait until I go to the US.

However, I have found this laser in Italy with the Google.

Just be sure you really want the hair gone forever... it will not grow back!
Thanks. Is it called Lumina Duet ? I could not find anything on the internet with that name.

Yes I really want the hair gone. Tired of waxing
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12.09.2017, 23:40
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,494
Groaned at 95 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 8,241 Times in 4,127 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post
Thanks. Is it called Lumina Duet ? I could not find anything on the internet with that name.

Yes I really want the hair gone. Tired of waxing
Sorry. Typing on the phone is crap...

Lumenis is the company. LightSheer Duet is the machine.

http://www.lumenis.com/Solutions/Aes...ghtSheer-DUET2

They seem to have other machines. But that is the my place uses and it worked for me. It doesn't hurt at all! I had tried another laser but stopped the treatment as it hurt too much. This one is good for upper body as well because it has a larger surface. Trust me... you don't have to do one or two hairs at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12.09.2017, 23:44
miniMia's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: romandie
Posts: 9,494
Groaned at 95 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 8,241 Times in 4,127 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: laser hair removal

Quote:
View Post
Let's say that I grow a pair (of balls, please, not more hair) and decide to do it, would you recommend it?

Are you happy with the result?
You can share while you shed a tear at the painful memory, it's ok. We are here to listen and learn.
OMG! Darling.... how did I miss your question?!?

Yes! My results have been great see my other post above for a machine that has great results, is super fast and doesn't hurt!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there any hair salons/stylists in Geneva who do african/black hair? sache Other/general 17 29.10.2015 17:29
Laser eye surgury Papa Goose Family matters/health 66 11.05.2010 17:25
Laser hair removal near Basel travnett Daily life 1 27.06.2009 18:44
Laser therapy for hair/ scalp? xomflower1 Other/general 0 02.05.2009 11:11


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0