Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Family matters/health  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #361  
Old 03.01.2011, 14:15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Zug
Posts: 89
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 94 Times in 36 Posts
potbelly is considered knowledgeablepotbelly is considered knowledgeablepotbelly is considered knowledgeable
Re: Men are embarassed by their pot bellies

Rather proud of it to be honest
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank potbelly for this useful post:
  #362  
Old 03.01.2011, 16:01
Joey82's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belgium, formerly Frick AG
Posts: 1,703
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 1,414 Times in 795 Posts
Joey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are embarassed by their pot bellies

Quote:
View Post
Rather proud of it to be honest
Amen to that ! In some countries the belly is a form of a status symbol so call me loaded ( i wish )
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 03.01.2011, 22:46
Sky's Avatar
Sky Sky is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere special far away
Posts: 4,322
Groaned at 69 Times in 51 Posts
Thanked 7,190 Times in 2,662 Posts
Sky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond reputeSky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are embarassed by their pot bellies

Quote:
View Post
Like a few threads I do, again this one has came back to haunt me. I have put on 10kg in 2 months (obviously including Xmas) & though I have not developed a pot-belly yet, I do have man-handles.

OK, so I have decided on a crash diet (to lose at least 10kg in 2 months) which has little variation on the following daily food intake:

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs/1 Croissant

Lunch (midday): Noodles (1 Chinese little pack like Magi) or a small portion of Rice (with veg)

Evening meal (17hrs): Salad or Soup (with fresh veg)

Thats it (!) for the next three months (I'm already starving), I would like to know what any healthy EF'ers here think though I am pig-headed & unlikely to adapt it.

Oh, by the way, I will drink only water & 2 glasses of juice per day. No beer.
Tis a bit light for a gent, me thinks. A lady will lose weight with that diet.
Try and respect the chronology of food intake (worked for me) meaning keep all carbs for morning and lunch and none in the afternoon. Also none of the goodwill will work unless you're working out physically. Dieting is simply not enough. Step up your physical activity at least 1/2 to 1 hour per day (with your doctors permission first !, not everybody can) even if it's just walking.
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 03.01.2011, 23:58
larsjensen's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cham / Zug
Posts: 69
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 36 Times in 21 Posts
larsjensen has earned some respectlarsjensen has earned some respect
Re: Men are embarassed by their pot bellies

Quote:
View Post
tep up your physical activity at least 1/2 to 1 hour per day (with your doctors permission first !, not everybody can) even if it's just walking.
Ask your lady to enforce a strict "50 pushups before any fun'n'games" I'd bet in record times most men would be up to the challenge, especially as each day pass .....
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 04.01.2011, 00:11
Joey82's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belgium, formerly Frick AG
Posts: 1,703
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 1,414 Times in 795 Posts
Joey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are embarassed by their pot bellies

Quote:
View Post
Ask your lady to enforce a strict "50 pushups before any fun'n'games" I'd bet in record times most men would be up to the challenge, especially as each day pass .....
One wonders, what burns more, the push ups or the " fun 'n' games " ?

After 50 push ups no man will be in the mood for fun nor games.. sleep yes, a bath due to excessive sweating maybe, followed by a sandwich.. but anything else will be a nono.

Great alternative to birth control pills though ..
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 04.01.2011, 00:46
Mowvich's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Genève
Posts: 1,422
Groaned at 28 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 1,308 Times in 607 Posts
Mowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond reputeMowvich has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are embarassed by their pot bellies

Quote:
View Post
Amen to that ! In some countries the belly is a form of a status symbol so call me loaded ( i wish )
So in those countries i'll be status-less......i can't get a belly no matter how hard i tried, my body just burns everything....does six packs count??
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 04.01.2011, 00:48
Joey82's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belgium, formerly Frick AG
Posts: 1,703
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 1,414 Times in 795 Posts
Joey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are embarassed by their pot bellies

Quote:
View Post
So in those countries i'll be status-less......i can't get a belly no matter how hard i tried, my body just burns everything....does six packs count??
You poor poor man Sure the 6 pack counts, not sure where..
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 04.01.2011, 00:55
Joey82's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belgium, formerly Frick AG
Posts: 1,703
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 1,414 Times in 795 Posts
Joey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond reputeJoey82 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are embarassed by their pot bellies

Quote:
View Post
So in those countries i'll be status-less......i can't get a belly no matter how hard i tried, my body just burns everything....does six packs count??
You poor poor man Sure the 6 pack counts, not sure where..
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 14.01.2011, 13:00
Lou's Avatar
Lou Lou is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,778
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,474 Posts
Lou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Men are embarassed by their pot bellies

How is the diet going?

Quote:
View Post
Like a few threads I do, again this one has came back to haunt me. I have put on 10kg in 2 months (obviously including Xmas) & though I have not developed a pot-belly yet, I do have man-handles.

OK, so I have decided on a crash diet (to lose at least 10kg in 2 months) which has little variation on the following daily food intake:

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs/1 Croissant

Lunch (midday): Noodles (1 Chinese little pack like Magi) or a small portion of Rice (with veg)

Evening meal (17hrs): Salad or Soup (with fresh veg)

Thats it (!) for the next three months (I'm already starving), I would like to know what any healthy EF'ers here think though I am pig-headed & unlikely to adapt it.

Oh, by the way, I will drink only water & 2 glasses of juice per day. No beer.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Lou for this useful post:
  #370  
Old 14.01.2011, 14:13
transition
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Men are embarassed by their pot bellies

Quote:
View Post
How is the diet going?
My little pot has gone Lou, like it so much (being 4kg less) I am going for losing 10kg more by end march (14kg total weight loss). Great advice from previous posts here!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
beergut, belly, paunch




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fresh pork bellies fredchroy Food and drink 3 05.09.2010 14:13
What's with the pot???!!! [cannabis] trace-o Complaints corner 71 30.07.2010 09:45
Pot Belly :-( Myth Family matters/health 19 23.09.2008 11:28
Big Bellies everywhere PatriciaNBern Family matters/health 16 03.08.2008 21:24


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0