Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17.07.2007, 22:48
John Mc's Avatar
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 51
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
John Mc has no particular reputation at present
Tax position for short term UK contract

Dear Forum,

I am here on a B permit and I pay tax directly every month from my salary. Therefore I do not file a tax return here.

I am going back to the UK for six weeks to work and was wondering how I can have that income taxed here and not in the UK. Is this possible? Does anybody know how this works, for example, with tax codes etc as I won't have a p45 and will probably have to pay tax at the higher 'emergency rate'. It isn't going to be a bundle, but I just want to keep as much of what I will earn as possible...

Any advice or pointers to suitable threads welcome.


Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Short term work permit helloswiss Permits/visas/government 18 29.04.2013 20:45
Short Term Rentals Nanda Other/general 2 30.07.2010 06:51
Short term work permit FabioVid Permits/visas/government 2 01.05.2007 18:23

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:56.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0