Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 26.08.2011, 01:00
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
View Post
unless you would prefer to gamble with your money on the stock market in the current climate!
obviously the best time to make stock Market investments are when prices are low , however the public prefer to pay the highest price when the Market is optimistic only to sell later when prices fall.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 27.08.2011, 12:55
River10's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 73
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
River10 has made some interesting contributions
Re: 2009 tax return filed, but heard nothing back yet

I got a letter yesterday from the tax office about the 2009 filing. It is basically a calculation saying how mauch I should have paid, which I paid more. I guess it means that I should get a refund .

Will I get a another letter about payment or do I have to contact the tax office?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 27.08.2011, 12:58
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2009 tax return filed, but heard nothing back yet

Quote:
View Post
I got a letter yesterday from the tax office about the 2009 filing. It is basically a calculation saying how mauch I should have paid, which I paid more. I guess it means that I should get a refund .

Will I get a another letter about payment or do I have to contact the tax office?
Assuming you gave details on your tax return of the account you want any refunds paid to, it will probably be paid at the end of the month-
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 27.08.2011, 13:16
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bern
Posts: 667
Groaned at 19 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 464 Times in 294 Posts
spalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2009 tax return filed, but heard nothing back yet

Quote:
View Post
I got a letter yesterday from the tax office about the 2009 filing. It is basically a calculation saying how mauch I should have paid, which I paid more. I guess it means that I should get a refund .

Will I get a another letter about payment or do I have to contact the tax office?
In Baselstadt and Baselland if you pay too much and do nothing they keep it on your account and it goes towards your next tax bill. (They even pay you interest on it )
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 27.08.2011, 14:32
River10's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 73
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
River10 has made some interesting contributions
Re: 2009 tax return filed, but heard nothing back yet

Quote:
View Post
In Baselstadt and Baselland if you pay too much and do nothing they keep it on your account and it goes towards your next tax bill. (They even pay you interest on it )
This might be ok if I am not taxed at source, otherwise it will keep accummulating forever, becuase I have no control over tax deductions. am I right?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 27.08.2011, 15:35
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bern
Posts: 667
Groaned at 19 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 464 Times in 294 Posts
spalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond reputespalebärg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2009 tax return filed, but heard nothing back yet

Quote:
View Post
This might be ok if I am not taxed at source, otherwise it will keep accummulating forever, becuase I have no control over tax deductions. am I right?
I've never paid tax at source in Switzerland so can't answer that one...but I assume you are right. In your place I would def. ask for the refund.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VAT return on way back from US TradeTicker Finance/banking/taxation 2 11.08.2010 16:11
Going back - can you claim tax back? hollisterb Finance/banking/taxation 0 25.03.2010 14:28
Tax a la source receive tax return documents marius_c1 Finance/banking/taxation 2 25.02.2010 15:59
Tax return? livingonearth Finance/banking/taxation 11 09.02.2009 14:51
Haven't heard back from any companies - how long does it take? Lyndsay Employment 6 08.10.2007 13:31


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0