English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Finance/banking/taxation (https://www.englishforum.ch/finance-banking-taxation/)
-   -   TAX - B-permit Working in Geneva, living in canton de Vaud (https://www.englishforum.ch/finance-banking-taxation/104950-tax-b-permit-working-geneva-living-canton-de-vaud.html)

Rontary 27.01.2011 21:28

TAX - B-permit Working in Geneva, living in canton de Vaud
 
Hi Folks,

I'm french with a B-permit. Working in Geneva, my taxes are taken at source.
Few question:

- as living in canton de Vaud, I have to fill a tax return form - correct?
- how to make sure what I already paid at source in Geneva will be taken into account, i.e not receiving a huge bill from the Vaud tax office? Should I attach a letter to my tax return or another document or call the tax office and when: before or after receiving the bill...?
- I got married in 2010, so do I need to fill a from in Geneva canton to get a refund or would everything be fixed with the tax return in Vaud (i.e I'll have to pay based on what I declare - what I paid in Geneva - situation adjustment = hopefully a refund...?)

Thanks !
R.

wildboar 02.02.2011 12:01

Re: TAX - B-permit Working in Geneva, living in canton de Vaud
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rontary (Post 1083690)
Hi Folks,

I'm french with a B-permit. Working in Geneva, my taxes are taken at source.
Few question:

- as living in canton de Vaud, I have to fill a tax return form - correct?
- how to make sure what I already paid at source in Geneva will be taken into account, i.e not receiving a huge bill from the Vaud tax office? Should I attach a letter to my tax return or another document or call the tax office and when: before or after receiving the bill...?
- I got married in 2010, so do I need to fill a from in Geneva canton to get a refund or would everything be fixed with the tax return in Vaud (i.e I'll have to pay based on what I declare - what I paid in Geneva - situation adjustment = hopefully a refund...?)

Thanks !
R.

1. yes, if income is more than 120k, you need to file a return in canton de vaud

2. this has been discussed here a lot and it seems the best is to convince your employer that they deduct the tax at source using canton de vaud tables and deposit the same to canton de vaud account. Did you de-register yourself at geneva tax deptt?

3. everything should be handled in canton de vaud as both you and your wife are resident in vaud.

Shorrick Mk2 02.02.2011 12:48

Re: TAX - B-permit Working in Geneva, living in canton de Vaud
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wildboar (Post 1089727)
1. yes, if income is more than 120k, you need to file a return in canton de vaud

That is a Zurich et al. threshold. Romandie cantons are different. Geneva only requires it above 500k.

Quote:

this has been discussed here a lot and it seems the best is to convince your employer that they deduct the tax at source using canton de vaud tables and deposit the same to canton de vaud account. Did you de-register yourself at geneva tax deptt?
It's not a matter of "convincing" - it's the rule and all employers do it that way.

wildboar 03.02.2011 20:54

Re: TAX - B-permit Working in Geneva, living in canton de Vaud
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorrick Mk2 (Post 1089796)
That is a Zurich et al. threshold. Romandie cantons are different. Geneva only requires it above 500k.

We are talking about vaud here and not geneva. Btw, you can file a return even in geneva since 2010 if you have more than 90% of your revenue in switzerland.

Quote:

It's not a matter of "convincing" - it's the rule and all employers do it that way.
All employers indeed don't do that. Mine refused and there are others in the forum too who have said so.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0