Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 21.02.2011, 13:10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 40
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
madame de sousa has no particular reputation at present
oblivious newbie to Swiss Post ( Needs Help )

So I finally opened my swiss bank account after two weeks of waiting.
Now I'm not sure how to pay bills with it.

I have to pay rent and not sure how to use the system.

If my landlord doesn't use Swiss Post how do I transfer money??
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21.02.2011, 13:15
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Aarau
Posts: 219
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 97 Times in 61 Posts
ktoneill has made some interesting contributions
Re: oblivious newbie to Swiss Post ( Needs Help )

Quote:
View Post
So I finally opened my swiss bank account after two weeks of waiting.
Now I'm not sure how to pay bills with it.

I have to pay rent and not sure how to use the system.

If my landlord doesn't use Swiss Post how do I transfer money??
I think most landlords and bills are actually paid with payment slips..
Your landlord should have given you some or at least his details then u can pay in the post office with the 'pink' slip..

Have u agreed to bank transfer the rent?
If so u can log online into your swiss post account (it has an english option) then make payment fill in all the details and go from there.

Also the Swiss Post helpline has english speakers and they are helpful..! (talked me through logging into the web online banking on more than one occasion )
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ktoneill for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 21.02.2011, 13:18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 40
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
madame de sousa has no particular reputation at present
Re: oblivious newbie to Swiss Post ( Needs Help )

Quote:
View Post
I think most landlords and bills are actually paid with payment slips..
Your landlord should have given you some or at least his details then u can pay in the post office with the 'pink' slip..

Have u agreed to bank transfer the rent?
If so u can log online into your swiss post account (it has an english option) then make payment fill in all the details and go from there.

Also the Swiss Post helpline has english speakers and they are helpful..! (talked me through logging into the web online banking on more than one occasion )

Ah ok I got the pink slip.
Maybe I will go down and talk to them today.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21.02.2011, 13:23
jrspet's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Quaint Wädenswil, Zürich, CH
Posts: 8,131
Groaned at 27 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,912 Posts
jrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: oblivious newbie to Swiss Post ( Needs Help )

I hope you have applied for your PostFinance E-Finance ( E-banking with Swiss Post ). E-Finance will make it easier ( and slightly cheaper by about CHF2 per transaction ) to pay your landlord using the information on the payment slips and is available in EN.

Testdrive E-Finance in EN here.
Attached Thumbnails
oblivious-newbie-swiss-post-needs-help-pfef01.jpg  

Last edited by jrspet; 21.02.2011 at 13:35.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank jrspet for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 21.02.2011, 13:26
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Aarau
Posts: 219
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 97 Times in 61 Posts
ktoneill has made some interesting contributions
Re: oblivious newbie to Swiss Post ( Needs Help )

Quote:
View Post
Ah ok I got the pink slip.
Maybe I will go down and talk to them today.
Thanks!

Yes the pink slip should have all their details on, keep the copy and you can use it in the future to pay the rent

But yes may be nice to get a definate confirmation that the details are correct just for your peace of mind..!
Have a good Montag
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21.02.2011, 13:29
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 8,855
Groaned at 125 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 6,571 Times in 3,638 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: oblivious newbie to Swiss Post ( Needs Help )

I think once you have your account opened and up and running, then the most convenient option would be to pay your bills online. It is really simple and you can select e.g. in Credit Suisse account relevant colour of your pay slip further extended to international payment options and etc. You can also specify debit order option for your regular monthly bills e.g. apartment rent, insurance, TV and internet and so on and so forth. It will save you time from queuing at the post office each month. If it's too complicated, simply go to the bank's website and select English option to walk you through how to do it.
__________________
🎾That's what we do to help English speaking expats community in Switzerland:
General Information About Swiss Tennis
Tennis Lessons Summer Winter Seasons
🎾🎾Our charity organization to help unprivileged kids to realize their dreams:
FMTF Supports Tennis For Children in Southern Africa
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank jacek for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 21.02.2011, 13:41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 40
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
madame de sousa has no particular reputation at present
Re: oblivious newbie to Swiss Post ( Needs Help )

Quote:
View Post
I hope you have applied for your PostFinance E-Finance ( E-banking with Swiss Post ). E-Finance will make it easier ( and slightly cheaper by about CHF2 per transaction ) to pay your landlord using the information on the payment slips and is available in EN.

Testdrive E-Finance in EN here.
Yes I did apply for the E-Finance account.

So on the pink slip would I put the Konto/Compte number of my landlord in the recipient's account place?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21.02.2011, 14:05
jrspet's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Quaint Wädenswil, Zürich, CH
Posts: 8,131
Groaned at 27 Times in 20 Posts
Thanked 7,036 Times in 3,912 Posts
jrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond reputejrspet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: oblivious newbie to Swiss Post ( Needs Help )

Yes, in 3 different manners one can enter the information apart from the amount.

a) Postal Account number of your landlord eg 80-939-9
b) ISR ( Reference ) number ; or
c) IBAN Nr eg CH6309000000250097798

More on IBAN here.

Methods b) and c) are best as method a) require further information to be filled. Make sure you fill in the Text Fields ( Booking / Notification ) for easy retrieval / proof.
Attached Thumbnails
oblivious-newbie-swiss-post-needs-help-paymenttoinfofields.jpg   oblivious-newbie-swiss-post-needs-help-isr.png   oblivious-newbie-swiss-post-needs-help-pckontonr.png   oblivious-newbie-swiss-post-needs-help-textfields.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21.02.2011, 15:25
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: oblivious newbie to Swiss Post ( Needs Help )

Go to your local post office and ask them, they should be only too happy to help you.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21.02.2011, 15:26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 40
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
madame de sousa has no particular reputation at present
Re: oblivious newbie to Swiss Post ( Needs Help )

Quote:
View Post
Yes, in 3 different manners one can enter the information apart from the amount.

a) Postal Account number of your landlord eg 80-939-9
b) ISR ( Reference ) number ; or
c) IBAN Nr eg CH6309000000250097798

More on IBAN here.

Methods b) and c) are best as method a) require further information to be filled. Make sure you fill in the Text Fields ( Booking / Notification ) for easy retrieval / proof.

Thank you SOOO much!!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2X Christmas by Swiss Post jrspet Other/general 9 02.12.2012 01:21
Swiss Post Juliette*J Complaints corner 15 11.08.2010 16:05
Swiss Post mimi1981 Complaints corner 5 14.04.2010 11:35
a swiss newbie to the forum veraaloe Introductions 2 06.08.2008 05:27
Swiss newbie mosaic Introductions 4 20.03.2008 11:41


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0