Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29.06.2011, 09:54
Posts: n/a
Child benefit from another country (EU)

We are EU citizens and moving to Swizerland for 1 year. My wife will do her research here (she will be employed), while I will stay at home looking after our child. I will be declared as unemployed.

In the meantime, I will receive child benefit worth about 700 CHF a month from Latvia. It is not much, but do I have to declare them in any way in Switzerland? Would it be taxed (child benefits are not taxed back home)?
Reply With Quote

child benefit

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Child benefit - Switzerland Adzia Family matters/health 69 02.10.2014 13:35
What a country.. on benefit ? then you can't have a job... ipoddle Permits/visas/government 7 18.03.2011 11:19
Back dating Swiss child benefit Fidgety Family matters/health 1 08.02.2011 13:40
Unemployment benefit from another EU country while seeking employment in CH DerDieDas Employment 5 05.02.2010 03:11

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0