Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29.07.2011, 21:11
Wheat Hoarder's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 40
Groaned at 24 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 8 Posts
Wheat Hoarder is considered unworthyWheat Hoarder is considered unworthyWheat Hoarder is considered unworthy
Private storage facilities

Can you recommend any private high-security storage facilities in Zürich, preferably outside of the banking system, in which one can store one's possessions (e.g. documents, precious metals, etc.)?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29.07.2011, 21:29
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Private storage facilities

Quote:
View Post
Can you recommend any private high-security storage facilities in Zürich, preferably outside of the banking system, in which one can store one's possessions (e.g. documents, precious metals, etc.)?
Hi Mate

The Swiss National Bank recently sold off its large vault in the Alps to a private firm who rents out storage space for gold bars, silver, and notes.

I can get the website from my boss. He uses it. They are very rude but the security is very very high.

Also you can try the bank Dryfus and Sohne in Basel. They also only take notes and metals.

Ill get back to you about the vault.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 29.07.2011, 22:04
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Private storage facilities

Just stick them under your mattress in Texas
I saw some lovely flowers today and thought of you 'trolle d'Europe' is their name.

Last edited by Odile; 29.07.2011 at 22:35.
Reply With Quote
The following 8 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 29.07.2011, 22:19
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Private storage facilities

Quote:
Just stick them under your mattress in Texas
I saw some lovely flowers today and thought of you 'trolle d'Europe'.
Pulling no punchs today I see!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 29.07.2011, 22:25
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Private storage facilities

Quote:
View Post
Can you recommend any private high-security storage facilities in Zürich, preferably outside of the banking system, in which one can store one's possessions (e.g. documents, precious metals, etc.)?
http://www.safewealthgroup.com/

They have a couple of options.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 30.07.2011, 00:43
Wheat Hoarder's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 40
Groaned at 24 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 26 Times in 8 Posts
Wheat Hoarder is considered unworthyWheat Hoarder is considered unworthyWheat Hoarder is considered unworthy
Re: Private storage facilities

Quote:
View Post
Hi Mate

The Swiss National Bank recently sold off its large vault in the Alps to a private firm who rents out storage space for gold bars, silver, and notes.

I can get the website from my boss. He uses it. They are very rude but the security is very very high.

Also you can try the bank Dryfus and Sohne in Basel. They also only take notes and metals.

Ill get back to you about the vault.
Thank you sir.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Wheat Hoarder for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 05.09.2012, 00:22
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
alexx has no particular reputation at present
Re: Private storage facilities

I want to store some gold within Switzerland and at the moment have not come up with an ideal solution. Also I have come to the conclusion that it is desirable to get it outside of the banking system.

I have looked at these two that are perhaps worth considering. In one it seemed to me expensive to keep it there and in the other expensive to put it in, or at least I thought it was expensive but I have no idea of what the going rate should be.

http://matterhornassetmanagement.com...n_investments/
http://www.globalgold.ch/index.php?id=126&lang=en

So just wondering if anyone has any further suggestions or advice.

I'm resident in the UK but come to Switzerland quite often so visiting is no problem at all. In fact I'm going tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shower/Changing facilities [Zurich] Danieluk Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 6 01.10.2015 08:49
Recommendation on storage company / facilities Zurich123 Leaving Switzerland 5 04.05.2011 15:32
Seeking holiday with excellent childcare facilities? 8feet4paws General off-topic 3 03.09.2010 14:25
Babysitter/daycare facilities needed, Basel [No private Ads] Betsy Family matters/health 24 24.06.2009 12:18
Football facilities in Basel steve long Sports / Fitness / Beauty / Wellness 4 22.08.2008 09:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0