Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16.09.2011, 22:44
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
spock has no particular reputation at present
Partial year tax return (ZH)

I pay my income tax in the Quellensteuer system, but I received the Steuererklarung forms for 2010. I was in Zurich only for the last 3 months of 2010, which seems to imply that I have an "unterjährigen Steuerpflicht" where the rate of my tax is based on an annualized income (i.e. 4x regular income + 1x irregular income). Does anyone know how to properly report this in the tax forms? Should I just copy the numbers from my Lohnausweis and the tax authorities will do all the calculations themselves?

I was considering using Private Tax 2010 to fill out the forms, but found the following in the FAQ on the Steueramt's website:

Ich bin aus dem Ausland zugezogen. Kann ich "Private Tax" auch bei unterjähriger Steuerpflicht verwenden?

"Private Tax" kann - gleich wie die Papierformulare - nur für die Deklaration der Werte, nicht aber für die Berechnungen bei unterjähriger Steuerpflicht benutzt werden.
It indeed does not seem to work correctly, as it generates a summary where the rate-determining and actual incomes are equal. Does that mean that I need to fill the forms by hand, or that the forms just don't work in this case?
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to do your tax return Kt ZH Richard Finance/banking/taxation 181 22.03.2021 12:33
Tax return after your first partial Swiss year Guest Finance/banking/taxation 7 31.05.2011 02:19
Leaving CH, how to get the tax return from last year? peterson76 Leaving Switzerland 5 13.01.2011 10:16
Partial Year, No Income, Need to file in CH? Rocky Lausanne Finance/banking/taxation 3 23.03.2010 23:30
Someone to do my tax return [ZH] digg Finance/banking/taxation 6 27.02.2009 12:07

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0