Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23.03.2012, 10:07
Pepper's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 312
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 113 Times in 92 Posts
Pepper is considered knowledgeablePepper is considered knowledgeablePepper is considered knowledgeable
Accountant required for self employed

The only thread I could find about accountant recommendations has been closed so apologies if there is already an up to date thread.

I am looking for a recommendation for an accountant in Zurich/ silver coast area who can advise me on setting up ahv and pension payments now I am self employed. I understand that I add my earnings to my tax return so that is (reasonably) straightforward but I'm not sure about everything else. I also need someone who speaks good English (and preferably doesn't charge an absolute fortune!)

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote
Old 23.03.2012, 17:46
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Out in the Stick - Zug-ish
Posts: 86
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 31 Times in 25 Posts
snoopy1664 has earned some respectsnoopy1664 has earned some respect
Re: Accountant required for self employed

Here is one recommended by my agency:

Christian Dietrich
Dietrich Consulting
+41 44 455 50 50

Coincidentally a colleague who works via a different agency told me today that he had used Christian and is fine.

I need to contact him myself to file my return this year.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank snoopy1664 for this useful post:
Old 23.03.2012, 18:17
jeroen's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Zurich to Ticino
Posts: 254
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 188 Times in 101 Posts
jeroen is considered knowledgeablejeroen is considered knowledgeablejeroen is considered knowledgeable
Re: Accountant required for self employed

It is actually quite straight forward: you go to the SVA and fill in the self-employment form, provide prove that you have customers (existing contracts are a plus) which includes having business cards and/or advertisements/pamflets showing what you work on, and then they approve that likely after some extra questions. They then send you a bill every 3 months for the percentage of AHV/EO/etc fees you have to pay,you pay that and done.

Just pass by them with the details you have and they will help you out. From my experience the have quite friendl people there.

As for taxes, you just fill in what you earned, provide copies of the separate bankaccount that you use for incoming payments (thus keeping private separate from business for clarity)and presto. Done.

Last edited by jeroen; 23.03.2012 at 18:18. Reason: Typo fix
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank jeroen for this useful post:

accountact, ahv contribution, self employed

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changes are coming for self employed Caribeangeorge Business & entrepreneur 48 19.11.2011 21:52
Self Employed and Being employed helenakc Business & entrepreneur 10 16.11.2011 21:34
Swiss Visa for Self employed person Guest Permits/visas/government 8 23.11.2010 15:23
moving from employed to self-employed patrious45 Permits/visas/government 7 26.05.2008 23:08
Starting residential address for self-employed bongolu Business & entrepreneur 2 23.05.2008 04:25

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0