Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
View Poll Results: What is present Bank Interest rate on CD's?
0.2% 3 100.00%
0.4% 0 0%
1% 0 0%
1.4% 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30.10.2012, 14:49
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: No
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
paragpranat has no particular reputation at present
Switzerland Investment, Interest Rates, Bank opening a/c etc

Hello, Am willing to know on the following issues: (Can someone help me in the matter?)

1) Which SWISS TRUST (NON RECOURSE LOANS) gives 15% per annum Interest for 1 M USD holding in Certificate of Deposit? How they can pay 15% interest when the average rate of interest is as low as 1.4% per annum around?

The above request is sent from the message I received to participate to obtain non recourse loan for one of my client-

To participate in this program and qualify for a private Non Recourse Loan a potential borrower is required to open an account with the Swiss Trust and buy a 1 year $1,000,000 Certificate of Deposit issued by the Trust paying 15% a year. These funds are required of the borrower purchase the collateral instruments that collateralize their loan. The cash provided by the borrower is used by the Trust to cover the expenses involved in obtaining the leased instruments that are monetized to obtain the initial Non Recourse loan funds to the Trust that are used to fund your project. The Trust works with private lenders and trading programs that allow the use of leased bank instruments for their programs.

2) Are the above programs genuine and authentic with bank guarantees?

3) What are the procedures, steps to be adopted to open a Bank account by an Individual and by a company which are outside of Switzerland? What are the required documents? How many banks operate in Switzerland? Is there one common website showing all banks website at one place of Switzerland?

4 Which are the major private funding group which are permitted by Swiss government to handle such programs and funding? These are high yield Private Placement Program offered through the Trustís Private Banking Department.

Best wishes,
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30.10.2012, 15:11
Upthehatters2008's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In the kitchen at parties.
Posts: 4,540
Groaned at 204 Times in 120 Posts
Thanked 6,078 Times in 2,378 Posts
Upthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond reputeUpthehatters2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland Investment, Interest Rates, Bank opening a/c etc

Please refer to our resident Investment Advisor 'P.T. Barnum' for authorative advice in these matters. You will find him on Google.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30.10.2012, 15:23
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Switzerland Investment, Interest Rates, Bank opening a/c etc

UK banks and especially Korean banks are famous for these. They are linked to many different things. The UK was based on the FTSE rising 10% p.a. and the 9% yield was "guaranteed". They were all defaulted on.

Korean ones are just like the ones the Germans outlawed back in 1999. The DAX collapsed worse than any market in the world because of this. So basically what these guys do is create a long only product that is "unleveraged" but is geared by selling 10000 put options on KOSPI200, taking the premiums and then buying the KOSPI with that money. The yield is like 14% because of the dividend yield. Im not infront of my bberg right now but am guessing the dividend yield is like 2%, so they would need an implied gearing of 7x.....

So if KOSPI drops 20% these guys all have to buy the spot in order to cover the losses and that created a water-fall in DAX back in 1998.

It would be easy to do this in CH because you could arb the dividend yields on Pharma companies. So if Novartis yields 4% you can borrow 5x that to yield 20%. Then you take 500bps from that and buy vol on the index or puts on the shares. If you volatility adjust it you can theoretically lock in a yield.

But these always blow up. You will give back all your gains in a bad year.


Quote:
View Post
Hello, Am willing to know on the following issues: (Can someone help me in the matter?)

1) Which SWISS TRUST (NON RECOURSE LOANS) gives 15% per annum Interest for 1 M USD holding in Certificate of Deposit? How they can pay 15% interest when the average rate of interest is as low as 1.4% per annum around?

The above request is sent from the message I received to participate to obtain non recourse loan for one of my client-

To participate in this program and qualify for a private Non Recourse Loan a potential borrower is required to open an account with the Swiss Trust and buy a 1 year $1,000,000 Certificate of Deposit issued by the Trust paying 15% a year. These funds are required of the borrower purchase the collateral instruments that collateralize their loan. The cash provided by the borrower is used by the Trust to cover the expenses involved in obtaining the leased instruments that are monetized to obtain the initial Non Recourse loan funds to the Trust that are used to fund your project. The Trust works with private lenders and trading programs that allow the use of leased bank instruments for their programs.

2) Are the above programs genuine and authentic with bank guarantees?

3) What are the procedures, steps to be adopted to open a Bank account by an Individual and by a company which are outside of Switzerland? What are the required documents? How many banks operate in Switzerland? Is there one common website showing all banks website at one place of Switzerland?

4 Which are the major private funding group which are permitted by Swiss government to handle such programs and funding? These are high yield Private Placement Program offered through the Trustís Private Banking Department.

Best wishes,
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30.10.2012, 15:31
Sean Connery's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 5,565
Groaned at 58 Times in 54 Posts
Thanked 7,554 Times in 3,388 Posts
Sean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond reputeSean Connery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland Investment, Interest Rates, Bank opening a/c etc

You are? What do I win?

You won't get 15% for just 1 million, you're not even high net worth at that number.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30.10.2012, 18:45
dino's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,631
Groaned at 31 Times in 24 Posts
Thanked 1,279 Times in 628 Posts
dino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond reputedino has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland Investment, Interest Rates, Bank opening a/c etc

Quote:
View Post
You are? What do I win?

You won't get 15% for just 1 million, you're not even high net worth at that number.
You couldn't get 15% no matter if you had a billion to play with.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30.10.2012, 19:05
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 14,619
Groaned at 281 Times in 187 Posts
Thanked 18,463 Times in 7,746 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland Investment, Interest Rates, Bank opening a/c etc

I think there was a Nigerian branch of the Swiss Trust offering such rates.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30.10.2012, 19:06
IK36's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: VD
Posts: 360
Groaned at 70 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 297 Times in 145 Posts
IK36 has earned some respectIK36 has earned some respect
Re: Switzerland Investment, Interest Rates, Bank opening a/c etc

These CDs are backed by First Bank of Nigeria
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank IK36 for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 01.11.2012, 11:09
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: No
Posts: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
paragpranat has no particular reputation at present
Re: Switzerland Investment, Interest Rates, Bank opening a/c etc

There are so many "'P.T. Barnum" of them is - say one of them is http://www.biography.com/people/pt-barnum-9199751

Please write me the current correct one.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01.11.2012, 11:23
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,378
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Switzerland Investment, Interest Rates, Bank opening a/c etc

Quote:
View Post
There are so many "'P.T. Barnum" of them is - say one of them is http://www.biography.com/people/pt-barnum-9199751

Please write me the current correct one.
Thats the one
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bank accounts, banking secrecy, interest rates, trusts issues




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opening a new bank account in Switzerland after having left ddejay Leaving Switzerland 10 09.12.2009 14:43
Opening a U.S. bank account from Switzerland? gurutalon Other/general 9 17.09.2006 13:14
Compound Interest Investment in Switzerland ikon_shark Other/general 0 06.07.2006 11:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0