Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09.10.2013, 16:36
vee vee is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Basel
Posts: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
vee has no particular reputation at present
UK tax on Swiss bank account

A quick question somebody can help me.

I worked inSwiss between 2008 and 2012 on an average 6 to 8 months per year. I have ahouse in UK and paying the minimum tax of my UK rental income to HRMC. All myearning in Swiss were also paid to Swiss tax for every year. Now since I amholding a Swiss account HMRC has send me a letter saying to declare the a/c inSwiss bank amount. Now they send me s letter and certificate A, B, and C andasked me sign one of the certificate is most appropriate. Signing certificate A– means that I have no irregulars of my tax payments in the past years between2009-2012. B – Means have irregulars of my tax payments signing with Lithuanian disclosure form. C- Means agreeing irregulars of mytax payments signing without Lithuanian disclosure form.

Cansomebody help me out which certificate is most appropriate for me to sign andsend it to HMRC. I haven’t told HMRC previously that I am working in Swiss dueto my ignorance and overlooked.

Yoursuggestions are welcomed and thanks in advance

Reply With Quote
Old 09.10.2013, 16:47
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,329
Groaned at 411 Times in 319 Posts
Thanked 17,357 Times in 9,739 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UK tax on Swiss bank account

If you're classed as a UK non-resident, there shouldn't be any need to declare the Swiss side of things. That's what I've just been told by HMRC today. We own a house in the UK, not rented out though, but don't meet the residence criteria because we spend less than 183 days in the UK a year. We report any interest on a couple of UK bank accounts and that's it.

I think you need to tell them you're living/working in Switzerland and have been for the last few years and see what they say. But from the info you gave it seems as if you've paid taxes in the right places so "A" would be the one to sign providing you're non-resident in the UK.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UK Tax on Swiss bank account? litt Finance/banking/taxation 38 31.07.2013 20:18
UK fails to get tax from Swiss bank accounts. MsWorWoo Finance/banking/taxation 16 07.07.2013 19:40
Opening a bank account on arrival, which bank is the cheapest on fees!? bunbury Finance/banking/taxation 21 08.06.2012 16:27
Anticipatory tax (on savings in the bank account) CorsebouTheReturn Finance/banking/taxation 5 06.01.2012 22:21
Transferring Swiss CH into GBP UK Bank account skippy1961 Finance/banking/taxation 8 27.08.2009 22:53

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:29.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0