Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30.09.2014, 12:54
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Basel
Posts: 148
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 124 Times in 68 Posts
jjake has no particular reputation at present
Freizuegigkteiskonto - tax when moving to the US?

Hello, a friend just asked me a question related to US taxation that I can't help with - they will be moving to the US and want to keep their pension savings (2nd pillar) in a Freizuegigkeitskonto here. They were told by someone that the total sum will be considered taxable income in the month of the move to the US by US tax authorities. Of course, they will also need to pay Swiss tax at time of withdrawal (in many years ...)
Is this regarding US taxation correct?
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tax free car to germany when moving jsalonen Leaving Switzerland 0 31.05.2013 20:35
tax issue when moving to another canton... happyrobbie Finance/banking/taxation 1 15.02.2013 17:24
Importing dog food from the US when moving? Switzerland2009 Pet corner 5 22.10.2009 15:12
tax on goods when moving over to swiss shazzles Housing in general 3 24.09.2009 12:44
Paying duties for household items when moving from the US nyenyec Finance/banking/taxation 9 30.08.2008 12:53

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0