Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15.05.2015, 01:14
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bern
Posts: 36
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
HannoA has no particular reputation at present
Double taxation on assets in other EU countries

Hello dear Englishforum community!
I'm new to Switzerland and I have been browsing this forum for a few month now and I like it very much. Helpful informations on many topics.

I was trying to find answers to my question in Google and from my bank back home and I read quite a bit on the topic, but couldn't find information I need.
I hope you can help me.
I am an EU Citizen (Austria) and live and work in Switzerland now. I have saved some money from my work back in Austria which is invested in some ETFs and some money is on a bank-account in an Austrian bank. I pay KEST (25% on created income) there.
My question is how do I proceed from now on, so I dont have to pay taxes twice. Is it possible for me to not pay the KEST in Austria? Or do I just pay the KEST in Austria and not pay taxes for the money in Switzerland? Or will I have to pay both?

Thank you in advance for some information on this topic, any help and links to that topic is apreciated
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sould I buy a car from Switzerland or from other EU countries? dablue Transportation/driving 18 08.12.2014 12:55
Need clarifications on double taxation sud_1983 Finance/banking/taxation 1 31.07.2014 09:22
Does separation in Switzerland automatically become separation in other EU countries? Mowvich Family matters/health 13 20.04.2012 20:21
Taxation on holiday house outside EU MrVertigo Finance/banking/taxation 5 16.11.2010 18:50
Travelling from CH to EU countries on a year long L student permit daredevil Permits/visas/government 2 20.07.2010 14:20

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0