Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14.01.2016, 12:35
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: zurich
Posts: 19
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
zadokl has no particular reputation at present
Tax return for B permit

Hi all,
I'm trying to find out if I need to file for a tax return.
We are a family of 2 adults + one todler and have a B Permit for 5 years.

My husband is working 100% and I was fired after almost 3 years, finishing on 31.01.2016. Our daughter is going to krippe.

I know that, till now, the taxes were deducted from our salary.
Does any of you have an experience with filing for Tax return in a similer situation? Do we need to file for a tax return since our financial situation is changing? If so, who do I turn too?
Thank you all for helping
Reply With Quote
Old 14.01.2016, 15:45
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Baden region
Posts: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
janach has no particular reputation at present
Re: Tax return for B permit

If you have to fill a tax return form , you will receive the form by post from the Gemeinde, or something like that.
Reply With Quote
Old 14.01.2016, 15:53
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 32
Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Juice has earned some respectJuice has earned some respect
Re: Tax return for B permit

All the B permit holders are "taxed at source" that means the employer pays you a net salary, still if the total salary in a year exceeds a certain amount (may be different from canton to canton) you will need to make a final tax form at the end of the year declaring what you have paid within the year and the final calculation will either will ask you to pay more or reimburse.

You need to check with the HR of your partner's company whether the single salary is above the threshold or not.

Hope it helped..
Reply With Quote
Old 14.01.2016, 16:42
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 168
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 64 Times in 42 Posts
kkmm has earned some respectkkmm has earned some respect
Re: Tax return for B permit

I think that in fact your husband will just pay less taxes. You will need to inform his employer that you do not work anymore and they will change his level of taxation (from 2 incomes to single income, sorry I don't remember exact names).

I did check how will change my taxes at source if my wife will start working. It was exactly opposite. I have to inform my employer and they then change my level so I pay more taxes (single income->two incomes). However please check if it works in the opposite direction.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tax Return on Permit B DarkOrion Finance/banking/taxation 23 31.01.2016 22:33
Annual tax return - B permit - Not employed mountains1661 Finance/banking/taxation 2 11.05.2014 11:46
Eligible for Tax Return G permit? anwan Finance/banking/taxation 4 14.04.2014 16:22
Tax return for B permit holders Papai Business & entrepreneur 9 14.07.2013 00:10
Filing Tax Return for an L Permit Holder AmbientLight Finance/banking/taxation 5 14.03.2013 10:30

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0