Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26.07.2017, 10:37
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
05hi has no particular reputation at present
2nd pillar pension and risk premium costs

I have looked at other threads and I did not find much information about additional costs in 2nd pillar contributions.
I know that the cost of 2nd pillar is the savings component plus insurance premiums, but I have no idea how big of a cost these premiums are.

For the purpose of the example let's assume the following:

Annual salary: 124 675
Coordination amount: 24 675
Salary covered under 2nd pillar: 100 000

Contribution amount (10%): 10 000 annual
Employee contribution (40%): 4 0000 annual, 333 monthly
Employer contribution (60%): 6 0000 annual, 500 monthly

So the question is: on top of the monthly deduction for employee of 333 CHF how much would be added for insurance premiums?
How much higher the total 2nd pillar deduction would be?
Would it be 10%, 20%, 50%, 100%?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26.07.2017, 10:42
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 18,167
Groaned at 290 Times in 239 Posts
Thanked 15,846 Times in 8,818 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2nd pillar pension and risk premium costs

Quote:
View Post
I have looked at other threads and I did not find much information about additional costs in 2nd pillar contributions.
I know that the cost of 2nd pillar is the savings component plus insurance premiums, but I have no idea how big of a cost these premiums are.

For the purpose of the example let's assume the following:

Annual salary: 124 675
Coordination amount: 24 675
Salary covered under 2nd pillar: 100 000

Contribution amount (10%): 10 000 annual
Employee contribution (40%): 4 0000 annual, 333 monthly
Employer contribution (60%): 6 0000 annual, 500 monthly

So the question is: on top of the monthly deduction for employee of 333 CHF how much would be added for insurance premiums?
How much higher the total 2nd pillar deduction would be?
Would it be 10%, 20%, 50%, 100%?

Thanks
The insurance will be taken from the 10k, I suspect about 8k will end up being invested.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26.07.2017, 10:53
gbn's Avatar
gbn gbn is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Zuri Oberland
Posts: 2,724
Groaned at 109 Times in 74 Posts
Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,103 Posts
gbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond reputegbn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2nd pillar pension and risk premium costs

On my pension statement, the investment and insurance elements are split out

From our sample on the HR site
2nd-pillar-pension-risk-premium-costs-pension.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26.07.2017, 12:20
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
05hi has no particular reputation at present
Re: 2nd pillar pension and risk premium costs

Thanks a lot for replies. This is great information.

Based on the two replies above it looks like the additional costs are 20-25% of what is actually invested.

I would love to get more examples. Please share if you have different experience.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26.07.2017, 12:22
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 18,167
Groaned at 290 Times in 239 Posts
Thanked 15,846 Times in 8,818 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2nd pillar pension and risk premium costs

Quote:
View Post
Thanks a lot for replies. This is great information.

Based on the two replies above it looks like the additional costs are 20-25% of what is actually invested.

I would love to get more examples. Please share if you have different experience.
About all the tax relief gone up in smoke . Then the payout is taxable, pensions are a con.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26.07.2017, 14:00
eyebeebe's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pfäffikon SZ
Posts: 1,615
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 1,756 Times in 816 Posts
eyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2nd pillar pension and risk premium costs

For mine it is split out:
Employee savings contribution 9%
Employer savings contribution 13%
Employer risk contribution 5.8%

All of this on base salary less co-ordination deduction.
On bonus the contribution rates are different, but the employer pays the risk side.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26.07.2017, 14:14
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 18,167
Groaned at 290 Times in 239 Posts
Thanked 15,846 Times in 8,818 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2nd pillar pension and risk premium costs

Quote:
View Post
For mine it is split out:
Employee savings contribution 9%
Employer savings contribution 13%
Employer risk contribution 5.8%

All of this on base salary less co-ordination deduction.
On bonus the contribution rates are different, but the employer pays the risk side.
By law the employer must pay at least 50%, so your lucky he pays it all.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26.07.2017, 14:36
eyebeebe's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pfäffikon SZ
Posts: 1,615
Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 1,756 Times in 816 Posts
eyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond reputeeyebeebe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2nd pillar pension and risk premium costs

Quote:
View Post
By law the employer must pay at least 50%, so your lucky he pays it all.
I'm aware my pension fund inputs are generous, even if the outputs have been reduced twice or three times in the 8 years I have been enrolled. The employer saving contribution is way beyond the statutory minimum.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank eyebeebe for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 26.07.2017, 21:43
HIAO's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bellevue
Posts: 1,020
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 2,471 Times in 686 Posts
HIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond reputeHIAO has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2nd pillar pension and risk premium costs

For our pillar 2 plan, the risk contributions are 1% employer and 1% employee.

It's separately itemised on the payslip from the savings contributions.

Often the risk contributions are more than the annual premium.

Under our plan rules, any excess risk contributions are added to the interest rate applied to the employee savings.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd Pillar project pension decrease pawp Finance/banking/taxation 2 03.01.2017 22:28
2nd Pillar pension pot when unemployed? Pachyderm Finance/banking/taxation 2 08.04.2015 11:26
2nd Pillar Pension on remarrage jen052 Finance/banking/taxation 0 26.09.2013 16:55
2nd pillar pension managed by bank stebas Finance/banking/taxation 3 14.01.2013 09:23
Transferring 2nd Pillar Pension Fund to UK Fergico Finance/banking/taxation 4 11.09.2009 00:13


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0