Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 18.04.2018, 08:58
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nyon
Posts: 2,616
Groaned at 71 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 3,146 Times in 1,250 Posts
John_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_H has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wealth tax declaration - Permit B -> Full Declaration

Old thread again .. But becoming interesting for me..

Since 5 years I've done nothing tax wise except pay tax at source.. GE and VD tax offices both told me 5 years ago that I didn't need to do anything.

I just changed to C permit and decided to hire a tax person to take me through the first steps and initial forms. He just about crapped his pants when i said I'd never declared anything. I must immediately self declare or I'll be fined. Because I'm over 120k, because I have property abroad etc etc.

Slightly concerned what's next.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 18.04.2018, 10:04
robBob's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,635
Groaned at 31 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 1,209 Times in 706 Posts
robBob has an excellent reputationrobBob has an excellent reputationrobBob has an excellent reputationrobBob has an excellent reputation
Re: Wealth tax declaration - Permit B -> Full Declaration

Quote:
View Post
Old thread again .. But becoming interesting for me..

Since 5 years I've done nothing tax wise except pay tax at source.. GE and VD tax offices both told me 5 years ago that I didn't need to do anything.

I just changed to C permit and decided to hire a tax person to take me through the first steps and initial forms. He just about crapped his pants when i said I'd never declared anything. I must immediately self declare or I'll be fined. Because I'm over 120k, because I have property abroad etc etc.

Slightly concerned what's next.
One is allowed once in a lifetime to do a self declaration without penalty. In the end you will only pay the tax owed plus interest. If you have foreign investments and have to do a DA1 you can only claim for the last 3 years.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 18.04.2018, 12:32
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Neuchatel
Posts: 582
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 234 Times in 160 Posts
Enohzee is considered knowledgeableEnohzee is considered knowledgeableEnohzee is considered knowledgeable
Re: Wealth tax declaration - Permit B -> Full Declaration

Quote:
View Post
Old thread again .. But becoming interesting for me..

Since 5 years I've done nothing tax wise except pay tax at source.. GE and VD tax offices both told me 5 years ago that I didn't need to do anything.

I just changed to C permit and decided to hire a tax person to take me through the first steps and initial forms. He just about crapped his pants when i said I'd never declared anything. I must immediately self declare or I'll be fined. Because I'm over 120k, because I have property abroad etc etc.

Slightly concerned what's next.
I did my tax return earlier this month, after they sent me the necessary documentation. I have been on permit B, taxed at source, since 2014, and am still on permit B taxed at source....but I requested to do the declaration due to salary increase.
I got tax help with a company and the guy didn't think there would be any problem with declaring now and that I shouldn't expect any issue for not declaring wealth / interest / dividends earlier. Will see how it goes when the tax office gets back to me.

Quote:
View Post
One is allowed once in a lifetime to do a self declaration without penalty. In the end you will only pay the tax owed plus interest. If you have foreign investments and have to do a DA1 you can only claim for the last 3 years.
DA1 - is this for reclaiming withheld dividends?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 18.04.2018, 12:37
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Zurich
Posts: 123
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts
Dr Mick has earned some respectDr Mick has earned some respect
Re: Wealth tax declaration - Permit B -> Full Declaration

Quote:
View Post

DA1 - is this for reclaiming withheld dividends?
Yes.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Dr Mick for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tax declaration: B to C permit A_k Finance/banking/taxation 8 22.03.2013 12:56
Tax declaration over the internet C permit ( Vallais ) Kristina200 Finance/banking/taxation 2 09.04.2012 15:29
Do I need a tax declaration ? (B permit holder) mottamotta Finance/banking/taxation 15 25.12.2009 16:14
Tax declaration for B permit holders jamesWtc Finance/banking/taxation 1 21.01.2009 15:07
Tax declaration (Steuererklärung) - B permit holder gooner Finance/banking/taxation 7 09.08.2008 00:19


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0