Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 27.08.2017, 11:49
roegner's Avatar
Moderately Dutch
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,357
Groaned at 348 Times in 290 Posts
Thanked 12,320 Times in 5,941 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GmbH and opening a Bank account

Quote:
This is the very first line of the very first post,

"We are two owners who does not have Swiss domicile (not EU domicile as well)."

Maybe you should learn to read a bit better....
Quote:
View Post
But since they are already here, they can provide a Swiss address already. Banks/PostFinance aren't immigration. Based on experience, a passport will be sufficient to open a private account in most cases.
OP is not here and does not have a Swiss address. Anynone can write anything as place of residence in your profile, with some it is wishful thinking. Apart from that, OP is asking for a business account
Reply With Quote
This user groans at roegner for this post:
  #22  
Old 27.08.2017, 12:35
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Aare
Posts: 488
Groaned at 30 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 210 Times in 137 Posts
aarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeable
Re: GmbH and opening a Bank account

Quote:
View Post
OP is not here and does not have a Swiss address. Anynone can write anything as place of residence in your profile, with some it is wishful thinking. Apart from that, OP is asking for a business account
Sorry, I had understood that they were here sorting things out for their business (which already has an address). Also they said they would try PostFinance on Monday, so I imagined they were here would be going there tomorrow! That's all.

I know they are asking for a business account. I mentioned that I could not comment about a business account.

My comment about private accounts was just a general one referring to this post: https://www.englishforum.ch/2837318-post5.html
I was just saying it is possible to open a private account as a non-resident foreigner. People do this all the time.
What conditions are on offer of course is another matter!
Reply With Quote
This user groans at aarosaline for this post:
  #23  
Old 27.08.2017, 12:52
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 21,464
Groaned at 371 Times in 286 Posts
Thanked 16,268 Times in 9,236 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GmbH and opening a Bank account

Quote:
View Post
Sorry, I had understood that they were here sorting things out for their business (which already has an address). Also they said they would try PostFinance on Monday, so I imagined they were here would be going there tomorrow! That's all.

I know they are asking for a business account. I mentioned that I could not comment about a business account.

My comment about private accounts was just a general one referring to this post: https://www.englishforum.ch/2837318-post5.html
I was just saying it is possible to open a private account as a non-resident foreigner. People do this all the time.
What conditions are on offer of course is another matter!
But that post was referring to getting a business account which is the subject of the thread. Personal accounts aren't coming into this discussion.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 27.08.2017, 12:53
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Aare
Posts: 488
Groaned at 30 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 210 Times in 137 Posts
aarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeable
Re: GmbH and opening a Bank account

Quote:
View Post
But that post was referring to getting a business account which is the subject of the thread. Personal accounts aren't coming into this discussion.
I thought it was a general comment about bank accounts, since it wasn't specified in that post that it was referring to business accounts. Sorry!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 27.08.2017, 14:27
NotAllThere's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 12,503
Groaned at 192 Times in 169 Posts
Thanked 18,026 Times in 7,343 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GmbH and opening a Bank account

Quote:
View Post
Because you're a foreigner.
Quote:
View Post
A foreigner who doesn't live in Switzerland, if I understand it correctly. I don't see how opening a bank account would be possible in these conditions?
The OP is creating a Swiss company. The company is a Swiss legal entity (sometimes referred to as a "legal person"). The company is resident in Switzerland, and will have an address in Switzerland. Probably in Zug...
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank NotAllThere for this useful post:
  #26  
Old 27.08.2017, 16:30
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: GmbH and opening a Bank account

Quote:
View Post
But since they are already here, they can provide a Swiss address already. Banks/PostFinance aren't immigration. Based on experience, a passport will be sufficient to open a private account in most cases.

IT IS A COMPANY ACCOUNT !

Different rules apply, if you don't understand this probably best not to comment.

It will be difficult as whoever opens the account had to do their due diligence which is costly and unless the business is going to make millions, it just isn't worth it.

Times have seriously changed from two years ago where anything was feasible to squeaky clean washed twice with Persil Extra strong today.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 27.08.2017, 16:33
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: GmbH and opening a Bank account

Quote:
View Post
I thought it was a general comment about bank accounts, since it wasn't specified in that post that it was referring to business accounts. Sorry!
Read the first post again carefully and then ask about which bits you don't understand and we'll try and explain in language you may understand such as....TROLL
Reply With Quote
This user groans at for this post:
  #28  
Old 27.08.2017, 16:33
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Aare
Posts: 488
Groaned at 30 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 210 Times in 137 Posts
aarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeableaarosaline is considered knowledgeable
Re: GmbH and opening a Bank account

Quote:
IT IS A COMPANY ACCOUNT !

Different rules apply, if you don't understand this probably best not to comment.

It will be difficult as whoever opens the account had to do their due diligence which is costly and unless the business is going to make millions, it just isn't worth it.

Times have seriously changed from two years ago where anything was feasible to squeaky clean washed twice with Persil Extra strong today.
I understand they are asking for a business account. I had mentioned that I could not comment about a business account though. Sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 30.09.2017, 01:15
DDM DDM is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Zurich
Posts: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
DDM has no particular reputation at present
Re: GmbH and opening a Bank account

After three long weeks and a lot of interrogation by post employees finaly the account for my company was aproved.
After we were denied by Credit Suisse and Kantonalbank Zurich, Postfinance was willing to open the account. I hope my experience will be helpfull and will save some time for people in simmilar position.
Funny, but this brings me back to 2005. I was rewarded scholarship from Swiss government for my master studies at University of Basel. I was granted B permit and was told to open a bank account in order to receive the scholarship. Went to Credit Suisse and they did not allowed me to open an account. So back then I was advice to go to the Post which opened the account without a problem. Beside this experience I thought that company account was differnet but it looks like the same story.
So for foreigners opening a bank account given my personal experiences Postfinance is the best alternative.
Thanks everyone for your involvment.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank DDM for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Account for GmbH - which bank? ChrisNeedsToKnow Finance/banking/taxation 3 25.02.2016 15:21
Bank account for a GmbH... dowser Business & entrepreneur 16 26.04.2013 08:48
Opening bank Account mossie Finance/banking/taxation 5 08.10.2012 21:51
Bank Account Opening CP80 Finance/banking/taxation 4 13.11.2011 12:11


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0