Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12.04.2018, 21:33
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 12,641
Groaned at 266 Times in 174 Posts
Thanked 15,007 Times in 6,373 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Revolut financing round up 5x

https://www.recode.net/2018/4/11/172...igital-banking

i was pissed at the annoying process to get shares and didn't get to buy in.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12.04.2018, 21:48
The_Love_Doctor's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zugerberg, Zug
Posts: 3,077
Groaned at 75 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,625 Posts
The_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Revolut financing round up 5x

This is 5x on top of the 7x CrowdCube Valuation right?

Thatís 35x!!! I managed to collect enough contacts and wasnít convinced in the end... only put down £10.- for the sake of it!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 13.04.2018, 11:09
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 12,641
Groaned at 266 Times in 174 Posts
Thanked 15,007 Times in 6,373 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Revolut financing round up 5x

Quote:
View Post
This is 5x on top of the 7x CrowdCube Valuation right?

Thatís 35x!!! I managed to collect enough contacts and wasnít convinced in the end... only put down £10.- for the sake of it!
Yeah. That really pissed me off because I wanted to put down 10k and you wasted the opportunity!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 13.04.2018, 20:25
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 2,962
Groaned at 62 Times in 56 Posts
Thanked 3,250 Times in 1,629 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Revolut financing round up 5x

Quote:
View Post
Yeah. That really pissed me off because I wanted to put down 10k and you wasted the opportunity!
Fintech is the .com boom all over again... I have yet to find a single one of these companies who are actually doing something original. They are run by people who have a limited, if at all, knowledge of financial services, who are convinced they are doing some great only because of their lack of knowledge.

I've had session with three of them in the past 12 months and it is all the same, once you scratch the surface a bit and has the hard questions, it all unravels very quickly.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 13.04.2018, 21:00
The_Love_Doctor's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Zugerberg, Zug
Posts: 3,077
Groaned at 75 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 3,408 Times in 1,625 Posts
The_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Love_Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Revolut financing round up 5x

Quote:
View Post
Yeah. That really pissed me off because I wanted to put down 10k and you wasted the opportunity!
Max you could have invested in the end was £5k anyway so you only lose out on around £170k based on 35x

Seederís round max amount was £1k.

Quote:
View Post
Fintech is the .com boom all over again... I have yet to find a single one of these companies who are actually doing something original. They are run by people who have a limited, if at all, knowledge of financial services, who are convinced they are doing some great only because of their lack of knowledge.

I've had session with three of them in the past 12 months and it is all the same, once you scratch the surface a bit and has the hard questions, it all unravels very quickly.
Keep saying that to yourself... if you donít think what Revolut, N26, Monzo and the like is original then you must have been sleeping under a rock!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16.04.2018, 09:39
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 12,641
Groaned at 266 Times in 174 Posts
Thanked 15,007 Times in 6,373 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Revolut financing round up 5x

Quote:
View Post
Fintech is the .com boom all over again... I have yet to find a single one of these companies who are actually doing something original. They are run by people who have a limited, if at all, knowledge of financial services, who are convinced they are doing some great only because of their lack of knowledge.

I've had session with three of them in the past 12 months and it is all the same, once you scratch the surface a bit and has the hard questions, it all unravels very quickly.
I think Revolut has a decent chance of succeeding standalone, but I would expect it to be bought by one of the big players once they see the threat and opportunities.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Revolut Pre-paid cards [ Zug / ZŁrich ] The_Love_Doctor Free stuff 21 09.06.2018 20:24
Multi Currency Credit Card ["Revolut"] ChrisNeedsToKnow Finance/banking/taxation 502 27.04.2018 08:25
Revolut alternative ChrisNeedsToKnow Finance/banking/taxation 7 08.12.2017 14:50


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0