Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:07
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cagiallo
Posts: 65
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
aixsyd has no particular reputation at present
Ricardo Fraud

I bought a Camera on Ricardo, sent the payment to the seller who was very responsive to my questions. Day after day goes by, and I get excuse after excuse as to why it hasn't shipped. Then, radio silence. Today, I receive this e-mail from Ricardo:

Quote:
Grüezi Herr aixsyd

Wir haben die Angebote des Anbieters xxxxxxxxxx überprüft und sein Konto aus Sicherheitsgründen blockiert. Dieses Mitglied weist bei seinen Verkäufen ein Verhaltensmuster auf, bei dem besondere Vorsicht geboten ist.

Der Anbieter hat zudem noch keine Bewertungen von vergleichbaren Artikeln erhalten. Aus diesem Grund besteht keine Erfahrung zu seiner Vertrauenswürdigkeit.

Ich rate Ihnen aus Sicherheitsgründen den Anbieter anzufragen, ob Sie den Artikel persönlich und gegen Barzahlung abholen können.

Wenn der Verkäufer nicht darauf reagiert oder Ihren Vorschlag ablehnt, empfehle ich Ihnen einen schriftlichen Rücktritt (per E-Mail) vom Kaufvertrag.

Ich wünsche Ihnen, dass Sie den Kauf noch zu Ihrer Zufriedenheit abwickeln können.

Freundliche Grüsse

ricardo.ch-Team
I have already sent payment (600CHF) to the seller via my Post Account to a Kantonalbank account. Seller registered in Zurich. Post says theres nothing that can be done. I find it extremely hard to believe that there is no mechanism for fraud protection.

What do I do? Any chance of getting this money back?

Last edited by 3Wishes; 22.09.2018 at 16:38. Reason: removed name of individual that sent you the e-mail
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:12
roegner's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,332
Groaned at 269 Times in 218 Posts
Thanked 7,859 Times in 3,960 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
I have already sent payment (600CHF) to the seller via my Post Account to a Kantonalbank account. Seller registered in Zurich. Post says theres nothing that can be done. I find it extremely hard to believe that there is no mechanism for fraud protection.
Send a betreibung to the seller.

And no, you can try to get your money back but you did send it to him yourself, so from the bank´s perspective it was a legit transfer.

Fraud protection is here if it was debited from your account without your agreement, if you have a credit card transaction that you did not initiate, things like that do have fraud protection and will get you your money back.

Not if you initiate the payment yourself. Next time use Paypal or pay cash?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cagiallo
Posts: 65
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
aixsyd has no particular reputation at present
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
Send a betreibung to the seller.

And no, you can try to get your money back but you did send it to him yourself, so from the bank´s perspective it was a legit transfer.

Fraud protection is here if it was debited from your account without your agreement, if you have a credit card transaction that you did not initiate, things like that do have fraud protection and will get you your money back.

Not if you initiate the payment yourself. Next time use Paypal or pay cash?
I can no longer send anything to the seller through Ricardo, as Ricardo blocked their account. The seller has stopped responding to my e-mails. Ricardo has basically told me that I have been scammed. Is that not enough to take to either the Police or the recipients bank (UKB) to initiate fraud proceedings?

I find it hard to believe that there is better protection from Fraud in the USA than there is in Switzerland - despite the fact that I initiated the transfer.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank aixsyd for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cagiallo
Posts: 65
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
aixsyd has no particular reputation at present
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
Next time use Paypal or pay cash?
PayPal is not an option with Ricardo, nor is picking up the item unless the buyer states as such.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:26
pilatus1's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Milky Way
Posts: 1,417
Groaned at 150 Times in 100 Posts
Thanked 3,825 Times in 1,522 Posts
pilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ricardo Fraud

For CHF 300.-, I could arrange for a couple of hard- ass pipe hittin' fellas to go to work on holmes with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

I'll PM you my account number so you can transfer the money ..
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank pilatus1 for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:28
roegner's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,332
Groaned at 269 Times in 218 Posts
Thanked 7,859 Times in 3,960 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
I can no longer send anything to the seller through Ricardo, as Ricardo blocked their account. The seller has stopped responding to my e-mails. Ricardo has basically told me that I have been scammed. Is that not enough to take to either the Police or the recipients bank (UKB) to initiate fraud proceedings?

I find it hard to believe that there is better protection from Fraud in the USA than there is in Switzerland - despite the fact that I initiated the transfer.
You can go to the police. The bank won´t do anything as you have initiated the transfer. Check the small wording in the T&C´s. You can ask them but if there is no money on the bank account, nothing to get back.

The bank right now has executed a transfer YOU initiated. You have no proof to show them that this is fraud, hence, they cannot do anything.

Do you want to say that a bank in the US just gets you the money back you wired if you just tell them, hey it is a fraud? Can´t believe that.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:33
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cagiallo
Posts: 65
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
aixsyd has no particular reputation at present
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
Do you want to say that a bank in the US just gets you the money back you wired if you just tell them, hey it is a fraud? Can´t believe that.
Actually, yes. Since bank transfers don't exist in the same way they do here, its absolutely possible to do that in the states. The bank can go after the account holder, through collection agencies, or through the police to seize accounts, assets, etc.

You have to have some proof that it was fraud. I have an e-mail from Ricardo stating that the seller has been blocked due to fraud. I have found the images from their listing on another sellers account on eBay.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank aixsyd for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:36
roegner's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,332
Groaned at 269 Times in 218 Posts
Thanked 7,859 Times in 3,960 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
Actually, yes. Since bank transfers don't exist in the same way they do here, its absolutely possible to do that in the states. The bank can go after the account holder, through collection agencies, or through the police to seize accounts, assets, etc.

You have to have some proof that it was fraud. I have an e-mail from Ricardo stating that the seller has been blocked due to fraud. I have found the images from their listing on another sellers account on eBay.
Then go to the police and send a Betreibung.

As to the US:

https://www.quora.com/Can-wire-trans...-wire-transfer

https://www.quora.com/What-will-happ...ut-my-approval

So not as simple as you say, unless you are the police, FBI and even then you probably will need a court order

Last edited by roegner; 22.09.2018 at 16:38. Reason: Adding
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:36
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Leimbach, Zürich
Posts: 4,006
Groaned at 203 Times in 162 Posts
Thanked 4,130 Times in 2,104 Posts
EdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
I have an e-mail from Ricardo stating that the seller has been blocked due to fraud.
No you don't, unless you have more mails from them that you did not quote/mention here yet.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank EdwinNL for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:41
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,554
Groaned at 1,014 Times in 558 Posts
Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,691 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Ricardo should have all his details-telephone,address,etc etc. So go to the police. And you have his account number/IBAN at Kantonalbank.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:44
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cagiallo
Posts: 65
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
aixsyd has no particular reputation at present
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
Then go to the police and send a Betreibung.

As to the US:

https://www.quora.com/Can-wire-trans...-wire-transfer

https://www.quora.com/What-will-happ...ut-my-approval

So not as simple as you say, unless you are the police, FBI and even then you probably will need a court order
Yes, but people do not send wire transfers for items like they do here. Usually its done by credit card or PayPal, etc.

Usually all that needs to be done is talk to your bank, initiate fraud proceedings, swear that you are willing to press charges, and the bank handles it with the police, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:47
roegner's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,332
Groaned at 269 Times in 218 Posts
Thanked 7,859 Times in 3,960 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
Yes, but people do not send wire transfers for items like they do here. Usually its done by credit card or PayPal, etc.

Usually all that needs to be done is talk to your bank, initiate fraud proceedings, swear that you are willing to press charges, and the bank handles it with the police, etc.
You were claiming that wires can be pulled back in the US, which can be done under the exact same circumstances as here. Similarly you have the same protection here with credit card and Paypal as over there.

Likewise you can go to the police here, talk to them and Ricardo, and then talk to your bank.

As said before, why should the bank do anything unless you can show it is fraud?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank roegner for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:47
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,554
Groaned at 1,014 Times in 558 Posts
Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,691 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Sorry. Its only in German



https://help.ricardo.ch/hc/de/articl...-liefert-nicht
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:48
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cagiallo
Posts: 65
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
aixsyd has no particular reputation at present
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
Then go to the police and send a Betreibung.
Can you explain what this is more? I don't exactly understand it.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:49
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,554
Groaned at 1,014 Times in 558 Posts
Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,691 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Ricardo Fraud

please read my post with instructions from Ricardo!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:51
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cagiallo
Posts: 65
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
aixsyd has no particular reputation at present
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
You were claiming that wires can be pulled back in the US, which can be done under the exact same circumstances as here. Similarly you have the same protection here with credit card and Paypal as over there.

Likewise you can go to the police here, talk to them and Ricardo, and then talk to your bank.

As said before, why should the bank do anything unless you can show it is fraud?
Apologies, I meant to say that payments, not wires, had fraud protections.

The problem is that Ricardo does not allow or facilitate payments in any other way than Bank transfers. I would have happily paid via PayPal, and would have preferred it. I'm just shocked that there is no mechanism to review a transfer. This is madness.

If there is such little recourse for someone in my position - why aren't we all just scamming each other? Sounds like free money to me..

95% of this only works if Ricardo hadn't banned the user.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:56
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,554
Groaned at 1,014 Times in 558 Posts
Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,691 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Ricardo Fraud

https://www.e-service.admin.ch/eschk..._index_html_de
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:58
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cagiallo
Posts: 65
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
aixsyd has no particular reputation at present
Re: Ricardo Fraud

What are the chances of this working? I find it difficult to believe that anyone who would go through the trouble of scamming someone would get something like this in the mail, see it and go, "Oh yeah, you're right. My bad. Here's your money back!"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 22.09.2018, 16:59
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,554
Groaned at 1,014 Times in 558 Posts
Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,691 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
What are the chances of this working? I find it difficult to believe that anyone who would go through the trouble of scamming someone would get something like this in the mail, see it and go, "Oh yeah, you're right. My bad. Here's your money back!"
To have a Betreibung by ones name can have very serious consequences
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 22.09.2018, 17:01
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Cagiallo
Posts: 65
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
aixsyd has no particular reputation at present
Re: Ricardo Fraud

Quote:
View Post
To have a Betreibung by ones name can have very serious consequences
I would love to know more. This is something very new to me. At this point, I'd be absolutely thrilled to inflict as much pain on this person as legally possible.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank aixsyd for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
midwife's fraud Marusia Complaints corner 40 31.01.2018 15:18
Reporting Fraud loulabelle Finance/banking/taxation 9 22.01.2015 13:47
Media Markt - Fraud [Not Fraud - Warranty Issue] junkeitch Complaints corner 28 20.08.2014 14:50
Room fraud msb86 Housing in general 2 05.01.2013 01:23
Fraud xfreakx Complaints corner 17 10.07.2008 10:20


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0