English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Finance/banking/taxation (https://www.englishforum.ch/finance-banking-taxation/)
-   -   Postfinance done with free accounts (https://www.englishforum.ch/finance-banking-taxation/287231-postfinance-done-free-accounts.html)

higgsboson 13.10.2018 17:14

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enohzee (Post 3002128)
Anyone know if it's possible to cancel an account for free due to the new charges?

I recently opened an account with PF in order to change from UBS (as they charge a monthly fee) - turned out to be a disaster!

What should they charge you for in the first place? I once changed from UBS to PF and don't remember paying any cancellation charges or things like that.

Istcantabria 13.10.2018 17:27

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by higgsboson (Post 3002061)
It's quite disappointing, but at least their joint account is still better than the competitors with that price, and e-banking is slightly easier to use.

It seems that if you have more than 25.000 CHF invested in funds (including retirement funds if 3rd pillar) it will continue being free...

Enohzee 13.10.2018 17:29

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by higgsboson (Post 3002129)
What should they charge you for in the first place? I once changed from UBS to PF and don't remember paying any cancellation charges or things like that?

OK cool... in that case, I'll cancel my new PF account and stay with UBS

Thanks!

Enohzee 13.10.2018 17:29

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Istcantabria (Post 3002132)
It seems that if you have more than 25.000 CHF invested in funds (including retirement funds if 3rd pillar) it will continue being free...

I believe they charge the 'usual' crazy 1.7% p/a fees for their funds so they'll easily make more than a measly 5CHF a month :P

ivank 13.10.2018 17:38

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Any good/bad experiences with Crédit Agricole next bank and Migros who seem to still have free accounts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbird (Post 3002052)
i am with bank cler online banking, the fee is only 2 sfr a month.

But that's not free

Quote:

Originally Posted by robBob (Post 3002057)

30 Fr for Maestro card. And if I want a second one for euro account, it's same price as postfinance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Istcantabria (Post 3002132)
It seems that if you have more than 25.000 CHF invested in funds

Sucky funds that'll cost you more than 60 CHF per year one way or another

omtatsat 13.10.2018 18:04

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivank (Post 3002048)
Now that postfinance showed the middle finger to small time savers I'm considering to return them the favor

Which bank are you switching to next year? Any good ones with euro accounts?

I use this bank

www.underthepillow.ch

jacek 13.10.2018 18:44

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
I also got the letter yesterday informing about the above.

Is that a negative inflation rate (deflation) or simply not enough in the institutional coffers to pay bank employees their fat salaries?

Soon we should ask our employers to pay us only in cash.

Chuff 13.10.2018 18:45

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivank (Post 3002048)
Now that postfinance showed the middle finger to small time savers I'm considering to return them the favor

Which bank are you switching to next year? Any good ones with euro accounts?

Tell me a 'bank' that is cheaper than PF even with their new charges?

omtatsat 13.10.2018 18:47

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacek (Post 3002165)
I also got the letter yesterday informing about the above.

Is that a negative inflation rate (deflation) or simply not enough in the institutional coffers to pay bank employees their fat salaries?

Soon we should ask our employers to pay us only in cash.

They have to pay alot back because of their fraud with postauto a few months back. So they are now getting back at the customers. You should close your account

higgsboson 13.10.2018 18:57

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enohzee (Post 3002133)
OK cool... in that case, I'll cancel my new PF account and stay with UBS

Thanks!

Check with them. There most probably is a notice date. I may have been lucky or just charged without realising. Anyway it took a few months from opening the new account to closing the old one.

jacek 13.10.2018 19:01

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 3002166)
Tell me a 'bank' that is cheaper than PF even with their new charges?

There is no such a straightforward answer to this question. One needs to evaluate one’s personal circumstances in terms of e.g. age, what package is for one suitable and how frequently one uses CC, savings account, 3a Pillar account and so on and so forth. Horses for courses. What could be worthwhile though is to check one’s own calculations based on one’s savings by using a tool:

https://www.moneyland.ch/en/bankingPackage/list

ivank 13.10.2018 19:11

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 3002166)
Tell me a 'bank' that is cheaper than PF even with their new charges?

Migros?

jacek 13.10.2018 19:15

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
More important question is if they are also willing to adjust an interest rate on savings account which already seats at 0.0% in order to ease the pain. Even mediocre positive bugger all move would do :(

higgsboson 13.10.2018 19:18

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuff (Post 3002166)
Tell me a 'bank' that is cheaper than PF even with their new charges?

ZKB says 12 CHF per year. Is there a catch? :/

ivank 13.10.2018 19:20

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by higgsboson (Post 3002182)
ZKB says 12 CHF per year. Is there a catch? :/

They want an extra 40 CHF for the debit card

omtatsat 14.10.2018 07:42

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivank (Post 3002183)
They want an extra 40 CHF for the debit card

I pay 8CHF a month for ZKB inclusive silver

robBob 14.10.2018 09:05

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by omtatsat (Post 3002265)
I pay 8CHF a month for ZKB inclusive silver


What!

Thought you do night withdrawals at bed time?

robBob 14.10.2018 09:51

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enohzee (Post 3002134)
I believe they charge the 'usual' crazy 1.7% p/a fees for their funds so they'll easily make more than a measly 5CHF a month :P


What 1.7 % fee?

All funds have a management fee, most even higher!

robBob 14.10.2018 10:17

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivank (Post 3002178)
Migros?

Not so good as one might believe.

https://www.moneyland.ch/en/privateAccount/list

Sure one gets a free Maestro card.

But its only free to use at a Migros ATM.

Chuff 14.10.2018 10:35

Re: Postfinance done with free accounts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivank (Post 3002178)
Migros?

Eek, really?

1) No English language services.
2) Online banking is nowhere near (not even in the same ball park) as mature or user friendly as PF.

You really think a 60chf yearly charge is worth making your life more difficult out of some misguided principle that they shouldn't charge anything despite it being standard in the Swiss banking industry? It's like shooting yourself in the foot for the sake of something that in the end is, realistically, financially immaterial.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0