Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07.03.2019, 22:43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 277
Groaned at 52 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 132 Times in 80 Posts
superpippo is considered unworthysuperpippo is considered unworthysuperpippo is considered unworthy
Tax deductions

Hi guys,

if my wife (non-eu permit b holder) still pays for a life insurance in her home country, can this expense considered tax deductable ?

Tried a cursory search but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08.03.2019, 09:10
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 7,242
Groaned at 1,275 Times in 689 Posts
Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,936 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Tax deductions

Quote:
View Post
Hi guys,

if my wife (non-eu permit b holder) still pays for a life insurance in her home country, can this expense considered tax deductable ?

Tried a cursory search but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks.
Where? Switzerland?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09.03.2019, 19:06
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 277
Groaned at 52 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 132 Times in 80 Posts
superpippo is considered unworthysuperpippo is considered unworthysuperpippo is considered unworthy
Re: Tax deductions

I'm talking about taxes in Zurich.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09.03.2019, 20:20
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Aargau
Posts: 2,095
Groaned at 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,229 Posts
Mullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond reputeMullhollander has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tax deductions

Quote:
View Post
Hi guys,

if my wife (non-eu permit b holder) still pays for a life insurance in her home country, can this expense considered tax deductable ?

Tried a cursory search but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks.

Insurance premiums for accident, additional medical insurance and life insurance can be deducted from income up to a limit. See Ct. Zurich tax filing instructions at p.19 (German):


https://www.steueramt.zh.ch/internet...018_HA+DEF.pdf



For Canton Zurich, life insurance premiums can be listed on form "Versicherungsprämien 2018", line A.3 (603).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09.03.2019, 20:41
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 7,242
Groaned at 1,275 Times in 689 Posts
Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,936 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Tax deductions

Quote:
View Post
Insurance premiums for accident, additional medical insurance and life insurance can be deducted from income up to a limit. See Ct. Zurich tax filing instructions at p.19 (German):


https://www.steueramt.zh.ch/internet...018_HA+DEF.pdf



For Canton Zurich, life insurance premiums can be listed on form "Versicherungsprämien 2018", line A.3 (603).
This applies to Swiss insurance not insurance from another country.

For the other country he has to declare in the Zürich tax return all his assets in that country and declare all his income and expenses and taxable income
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24.03.2019, 18:03
jacek's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aargau
Posts: 8,041
Groaned at 105 Times in 80 Posts
Thanked 5,522 Times in 3,108 Posts
jacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond reputejacek has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tax deductions

Just an update on the 3rd pillar inpayments that are tax deductible for employees - starting from 2019. It’s no longer CHF6768 per annum but new amount is CHF6826

https://en.comparis.ch/steuern/steue...-schweiz-tipps

Have a nice weekend
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
US Tax Question: Foreign Tax Credit on Unemployment Insurance (ALV) Deductions? relaydiver Finance/banking/taxation 3 27.04.2018 09:56
Tax deductions newmember Finance/banking/taxation 1 03.03.2017 12:27
Zurich tax deductions Silvestre Finance/banking/taxation 22 13.02.2016 17:47
Question about social security deductions and Tax deductions sparks1061 Finance/banking/taxation 2 27.11.2007 15:33
Tax deductions mmladen Finance/banking/taxation 3 08.09.2007 18:53


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0