Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 26.05.2019, 19:37
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 5,184
Groaned at 42 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 6,964 Times in 2,916 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
Well yes obviously, how would they know unless you tell them to investigate?
Yes, Chuff, I know that you know that. I agree fully with you. I was addressing OP, who seemed to think that not she but the creditor ought to be the one to do the investigation.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post:
  #42  
Old 26.05.2019, 19:43
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,687
Groaned at 667 Times in 485 Posts
Thanked 15,619 Times in 6,125 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
Yes, Chuff, I know that you know that. I agree fully with you. I was addressing OP, who seemed to think that not she but the creditor ought to be the one to do the investigation.
Ok sorry doropfiz, I misunderstood your post.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #43  
Old 27.05.2019, 11:59
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 7,519
Groaned at 248 Times in 211 Posts
Thanked 9,050 Times in 4,742 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
The onus is on them [the Post] to investigate and rectify this.
Only if it's actually the Post who made the mistake.

At least three parties are involved:
i) OP
ii) the Post
iii) the billing company
plus probably the billing company's bank but that's not certain

Generally speaking each party involved may be the culprit. Assuming the complete payslip is in good condition, as seems to be the case, the only thing that's clear is that the fault isn't OP's.

Now let's assume that the error lies with the billing company but OP orders the Post to investigate, i.e. waste their time. That may be one of the situations where they bill their customer (OP in this case) according to the link I provided ages ago.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #44  
Old 02.06.2019, 00:09
BLP's Avatar
BLP BLP is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 1,062
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 552 Times in 348 Posts
BLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
Only if it's actually the Post who made the mistake.

At least three parties are involved:
i) OP
ii) the Post
iii) the billing company
plus probably the billing company's bank but that's not certain

Generally speaking each party involved may be the culprit. Assuming the complete payslip is in good condition, as seems to be the case, the only thing that's clear is that the fault isn't OP's.

Now let's assume that the error lies with the billing company but OP orders the Post to investigate, i.e. waste their time. That may be one of the situations where they bill their customer (OP in this case) according to the link I provided ages ago.
post office said I did nothing wrong and to demand they look up the payment in their system, a few more emails later finally the person replied, they did have the payment but it was a few days late so it was my fault that they couldn't find the payment.

I think I sent a copy of the stamped receipt 5 times before the person even looked at it.

Glad I didn't pay for an investigation after all that.

Quote:
View Post
Is it possible it's an earlier bill that got missed, this is probably they have sent so much payment history.
No it wasn't that, they even sent copies of slips for 2020 payments, which of course are not due yet, so what they did was waste a lot of paper
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02.06.2019, 06:54
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,687
Groaned at 667 Times in 485 Posts
Thanked 15,619 Times in 6,125 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
post office said I did nothing wrong and to demand they look up the payment in their system, a few more emails later finally the person replied, they did have the payment but it was a few days late so it was my fault that they couldn't find the payment.
That doesn't make much sense the way it is written but hey, at least you got it sorted eventually. What still isn't clear is what the gap was between when you made the payment at the PO and when the billing company chased you for it. If was only a day or two then you really should have known to wait for a couple/few days for the payment to clear after paying the bill.

Your entire story took so long to get to a coherent state that I am curious if you are new to sorting out your own finances.

Last edited by Chuff; 02.06.2019 at 07:06.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02.06.2019, 13:39
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 5,184
Groaned at 42 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 6,964 Times in 2,916 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Glad for you to hear it's all sorted now! Good! And thanks for coming back to your thread to let us know.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post:
  #47  
Old 02.06.2019, 13:49
BLP's Avatar
BLP BLP is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 1,062
Groaned at 34 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 552 Times in 348 Posts
BLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond reputeBLP has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
That doesn't make much sense the way it is written but hey, at least you got it sorted eventually. What still isn't clear is what the gap was between when you made the payment at the PO and when the billing company chased you for it. If was only a day or two then you really should have known to wait for a couple/few days for the payment to clear after paying the bill.

Your entire story took so long to get to a coherent state that I am curious if you are new to sorting out your own finances.
I thought it was clear

If they sent a reminder, OK I can understand that but the send countless emails, letters and over 25 pages to prove I didn't pay something after I sent a copy of the receipt, that is just beyond crazy.

Of course often in the UK they would include a "oh yes we do have it, sorry for the hassle" vs put the blame on the customer. But it's different here of course.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03.06.2019, 11:48
BasP72's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Adliswil (close to Zurich)
Posts: 1,683
Groaned at 66 Times in 33 Posts
Thanked 1,375 Times in 676 Posts
BasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond reputeBasP72 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
post office said I did nothing wrong and to demand they look up the payment in their system, a few more emails later finally the person replied, they did have the payment but it was a few days late so it was my fault that they couldn't find the payment.

I think I sent a copy of the stamped receipt 5 times before the person even looked at it.
At this point I would send them a bill (100chf sounds fair) for 'administration costs'
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank BasP72 for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got my work permit but they say no visa required Mimos Permits/visas/government 11 13.07.2018 15:41
Winterthur insurance: called to make claim; they say I don't have right policy bzz Insurance 4 27.02.2012 17:13
Applied for school place, didn't take it up, didn't inform school. Must we pay? coffee123 Family matters/health 22 28.08.2011 09:02
They have Swiss visa but they want to enter the shengen area from the other country Duman Permits/visas/government 9 26.08.2011 01:15
They say the Swiss don't have a sense of humour dod Daily life 127 08.11.2009 19:26


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0