Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23.05.2019, 19:29
BLP's Avatar
BLP BLP is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 992
Groaned at 25 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 465 Times in 305 Posts
BLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputation
Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

I have a bill I paid, I have the little receipt, it's stamped and all from the post office but the office says I have not paid. I sent an email with a photo of the paper receipt and I had a 25 page packet sent out to me, to explain again to me that it is unpaid. They demand I pay ASAP but I already did pay.

Do I go to the post office?

Never had this issue before. Telling them and showing proof I paid has thus far just pissed the guy off
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank BLP for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 23.05.2019, 19:38
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 26,444
Groaned at 1,638 Times in 1,258 Posts
Thanked 30,655 Times in 14,636 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

I have had that happen twice, in both cases it was due to an error in the payment code scan!

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 5 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 23.05.2019, 20:12
Today only's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 7,208
Groaned at 783 Times in 535 Posts
Thanked 8,856 Times in 4,194 Posts
Today only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
I have a bill I paid, I have the little receipt, it's stamped and all from the post office but the office says I have not paid. I sent an email with a photo of the paper receipt and I had a 25 page packet sent out to me, to explain again to me that it is unpaid. They demand I pay ASAP but I already did pay.

Do I go to the post office?

Never had this issue before. Telling them and showing proof I paid has thus far just pissed the guy off



Maybe take it up directly with the post office and get them to give you a new confirmation ?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Today only for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 23.05.2019, 20:21
BLP's Avatar
BLP BLP is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 992
Groaned at 25 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 465 Times in 305 Posts
BLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputation
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
I have had that happen twice, in both cases it was due to an error in the payment code scan!

Tom
2nd issue this month! the other one the refunded and now I have to repay it

Quote:
View Post
Maybe take it up directly with the post office and get them to give you a new confirmation ?
Will they do that? I'm not paying it twice and the guy is getting angry, I mean why send like 25 pages?!?!? Obviously if I have a proof of payment the problem isn't my fault? Or is it? Is this some swiss rule I am only just learning?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23.05.2019, 20:28
Today only's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 7,208
Groaned at 783 Times in 535 Posts
Thanked 8,856 Times in 4,194 Posts
Today only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
2nd issue this month! the other one the refunded and now I have to repay it



Will they do that? I'm not paying it twice and the guy is getting angry, I mean why send like 25 pages?!?!? Obviously if I have a proof of payment the problem isn't my fault? Or is it? Is this some swiss rule I am only just learning?



If you have proof of payment you are fine, he will ned to show he hasn't received payment too.


It sounds like a problem at the Post Offcie, go see them and get them to sort it out.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Today only for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 23.05.2019, 20:29
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 26,444
Groaned at 1,638 Times in 1,258 Posts
Thanked 30,655 Times in 14,636 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
Maybe take it up directly with the post office and get them to give you a new confirmation ?
I took it up with my bank in my two cases, who confirmed payment. One was eventually settled after many emails, the other took more than a year and a personal visit to my Cassa Malatia, as many emails and registered letters didn't work!

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 23.05.2019, 20:33
BLP's Avatar
BLP BLP is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 992
Groaned at 25 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 465 Times in 305 Posts
BLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputation
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
If you have proof of payment you are fine, he will ned to show he hasn't received payment too.


It sounds like a problem at the Post Offcie, go see them and get them to sort it out.
Quote:
View Post
I took it up with my bank in my two cases, who confirmed payment. One was eventually settled after many emails, the other took more than a year and a personal visit to my Cassa Malatia, as many emails and registered letters didn't work!

Tom
"Cassa Malatia??

I am just shocked the guy is so angry at me and demands another payment. I expected there to be some recognition of the fact I paid.

Will try the post office
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23.05.2019, 20:53
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 4,609
Groaned at 31 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 6,257 Times in 2,581 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Yes, try the post office to get confirmation. And try sending a photocopy in a paper envelope (rather than electronically) with a very plain letter that the enclosed copy proves payment on DATE of the bill of DATE in the amount of CHF nnnn.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 23.05.2019, 23:36
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 26,444
Groaned at 1,638 Times in 1,258 Posts
Thanked 30,655 Times in 14,636 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
"Cassa Malatia??
Health insurance company that was complaining about the money I sent, and that they claimed not to have received.

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 23.05.2019, 23:40
BLP's Avatar
BLP BLP is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 992
Groaned at 25 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 465 Times in 305 Posts
BLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputation
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
Health insurance company that was complaining about the money I sent, and that they claimed not to have received.

Tom
Oh

a friend said if it is cash payment and they dont have it I have to pay it again

I think it was cash that day vs from my account
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 24.05.2019, 07:30
Today only's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 7,208
Groaned at 783 Times in 535 Posts
Thanked 8,856 Times in 4,194 Posts
Today only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond reputeToday only has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
Oh

a friend said if it is cash payment and they dont have it I have to pay it again

I think it was cash that day vs from my account

Even if you pay in Chf 0.05 pieces, you still get a stamped receipt from the Post Office !


The Post Office has acknowledged receiving the money via this receipt, it is their responsibility to make sure the named receipiant gets this money.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Today only for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 24.05.2019, 08:06
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ostschweiz
Posts: 7,388
Groaned at 244 Times in 207 Posts
Thanked 8,903 Times in 4,657 Posts
Urs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond reputeUrs Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
The Post Office has acknowledged receiving the money via this receipt, it is their responsibility to make sure the named receipiant gets this money.
This.

OP, return to the office, have them start a "recherche" and sort it out.
See here for what to expect (no, I'm not saying you should expect those costs, not at all). While the links target customers with a Postfinance account, the procedure for you should be analogous.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Urs Max for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 24.05.2019, 08:13
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 26,444
Groaned at 1,638 Times in 1,258 Posts
Thanked 30,655 Times in 14,636 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
a friend said if it is cash payment and they dont have it I have to pay it again

I think it was cash that day vs from my account
Quote:
View Post
I have a bill I paid, I have the little receipt, it's stamped and all from the post office
Cash has nothing to do with it, only the receipt matters!

Tom
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #14  
Old 25.05.2019, 16:04
BLP's Avatar
BLP BLP is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 992
Groaned at 25 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 465 Times in 305 Posts
BLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputation
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
Even if you pay in Chf 0.05 pieces, you still get a stamped receipt from the Post Office !


The Post Office has acknowledged receiving the money via this receipt, it is their responsibility to make sure the named receipiant gets this money.
Seems it's still on me though

Quote:
View Post
This.

OP, return to the office, have them start a "recherche" and sort it out.
See here for what to expect (no, I'm not saying you should expect those costs, not at all). While the links target customers with a Postfinance account, the procedure for you should be analogous.
so if this happens again the cost to research it is on me? so a bill is only actually paid if the company says they have the money? I can pay, have a receipt and still be liable to pay again without a proof via research?

Quote:
View Post
Cash has nothing to do with it, only the receipt matters!

Tom
or not
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 25.05.2019, 17:41
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,064
Groaned at 98 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 4,455 Times in 2,134 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
I mean why send like 25 pages?!?!?
And what did these pages actually say?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 25.05.2019, 18:04
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,554
Groaned at 635 Times in 469 Posts
Thanked 15,423 Times in 6,054 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

So lets get this straight. You paid for something in cash at the PO, you have the receipt to prove it, and you still think you have to pay it again? Something doesn't add up

What kind of bill was it? Why would a 25 page packet be sent out to you? These things literally make no sense with the threadbare context you have provided.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 25.05.2019, 19:06
BLP's Avatar
BLP BLP is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 992
Groaned at 25 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 465 Times in 305 Posts
BLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputation
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
And what did these pages actually say?
Quote:
View Post
So lets get this straight. You paid for something in cash at the PO, you have the receipt to prove it, and you still think you have to pay it again? Something doesn't add up

What kind of bill was it? Why would a 25 page packet be sent out to you? These things literally make no sense with the threadbare context you have provided.
They claim they don't have the payment so my proof is not relevant and resent the slip to pay it again.

Then I was sent 2 letters, demanding payment and copies of my full payment history. So he printed out all my past payments to show me what was paid and to say again the one is unpaid. Im confused why someone would do that, it was a big pile, maybe 23 vs 25 pages, it was a lot and I don't get it.

Another payment I did to another place they refunded it apparently and I have to repay it, why I do not know
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 25.05.2019, 19:19
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 11,554
Groaned at 635 Times in 469 Posts
Thanked 15,423 Times in 6,054 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
They claim they don't have the payment so my proof is not relevant and resent the slip to pay it again.

Then I was sent 2 letters, demanding payment and copies of my full payment history. So he printed out all my past payments to show me what was paid and to say again the one is unpaid. Im confused why someone would do that, it was a big pile, maybe 23 vs 25 pages, it was a lot and I don't get it.
Well surely they sent you the 25 page statement to prove they haven't received your last payment? Did you compare the date of your receipt vs their records?

In the end you paid the Post and they gave you a receipt, so the onus is on them to investigate this. Call their central hotline and ask to open a case. Provide details of the original bill.

Quote:
View Post
Another payment I did to another place they refunded it apparently and I have to repay it, why I do not know
You are now talking about a separate incident? Also paid in cash?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 25.05.2019, 19:22
BLP's Avatar
BLP BLP is offline
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vaud
Posts: 992
Groaned at 25 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 465 Times in 305 Posts
BLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputationBLP has an excellent reputation
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Quote:
View Post
Well surely they sent you the 25 page statement to prove they haven't received your last payment? Did you compare the date of your receipt vs their records?

In the end you paid the Post and they gave you a receipt, so the onus is on them to investigate this. Call their central hotline and ask to open a case. Provide details of the original bill.



You are now talking about a separate incident? Also paid in cash?

Why send records from over a year ago to discuss this month? You think that is normal? I think it's crazy.

Yes another incident but paid with my bank account, same post office I used. Maybe they are not doing something right?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 25.05.2019, 19:47
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 4,609
Groaned at 31 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 6,257 Times in 2,581 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have proof but they say I didn't pay?

Have you been to the post office yet, with all the documentation, to ask them what to do? Although it must be rare, in general, for a post office payment to go missing, it may well be that their experienced eyes will quickly pick up any error (no matter whether of theirs, yours or your creditor), and they'll likely know what to do.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got my work permit but they say no visa required Mimos Permits/visas/government 11 13.07.2018 15:41
Winterthur insurance: called to make claim; they say I don't have right policy bzz Insurance 4 27.02.2012 17:13
Applied for school place, didn't take it up, didn't inform school. Must we pay? coffee123 Family matters/health 22 28.08.2011 09:02
They have Swiss visa but they want to enter the shengen area from the other country Duman Permits/visas/government 9 26.08.2011 01:15
They say the Swiss don't have a sense of humour dod Daily life 127 08.11.2009 19:26


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0