Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09.04.2020, 16:21
martin959's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 1,268
Groaned at 27 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 577 Times in 329 Posts
martin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of many
Moving from DeGiro to Interactive Brokers

Hello everyone!

Due to some lack of tools on DeGiro for the everyday trading Im moving to Interactive Brokers, does anyone knows what is the process of moving the whole portfolio?

So far I tried to contact the people from I.B. but no luck... Seems that with all this coronavirus around no one is reachable



Thanks in advance!
  #2  
Old 09.04.2020, 16:35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: GR
Posts: 452
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 147 Times in 125 Posts
wantone has no particular reputation at present
Re: Moving from DeGiro to Interactive Brokers

Quote:
View Post
Hello everyone!

Due to some lack of tools on DeGiro for the everyday trading Im moving to Interactive Brokers, does anyone knows what is the process of moving the whole portfolio?

So far I tried to contact the people from I.B. but no luck... Seems that with all this coronavirus around no one is reachable



Thanks in advance!
They have an option to move portfolios from other brokers and they provide a big list with other companies. Most likely DeGiro will be included.

The process is just like the one placing a deposit. Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgmqVXihygI
This user would like to thank wantone for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 09.04.2020, 16:38
martin959's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 1,268
Groaned at 27 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 577 Times in 329 Posts
martin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of many
Re: Moving from DeGiro to Interactive Brokers

Quote:
View Post
They have an option to move portfolios from other brokers and they provide a big list with other companies. Most likely DeGiro will be included.

The process is just like the one placing a deposit. Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgmqVXihygI
Thanks! I will take a look at it... I was in the process of opening the account when this came to my mind, since they ask you to deposit 10k to open the account
  #4  
Old 09.04.2020, 16:41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: GR
Posts: 452
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 147 Times in 125 Posts
wantone has no particular reputation at present
Re: Moving from DeGiro to Interactive Brokers

Quote:
View Post
Thanks! I will take a look at it... I was in the process of opening the account when this came to my mind, since they ask you to deposit 10k to open the account
They give you 3 months to send the money or positions worth $10k although I think recently they have removed the minimum amount requirement but could be only for US residents.

So you open the account and then you have 3 months to do the rest.
This user would like to thank wantone for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 13.04.2020, 11:29
martin959's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 1,268
Groaned at 27 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 577 Times in 329 Posts
martin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of many
Re: Moving from DeGiro to Interactive Brokers

Fun fact for those who wanted to do the same as I'm doing right now, at the time of transferring your whole portfolio, this wont be possible since DeGiro is not among the companies where this feature of transferring the whole portfolio from broker to broker is possible.

Sad.
  #6  
Old 13.04.2020, 12:28
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Basel
Posts: 714
Groaned at 8 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 561 Times in 295 Posts
gipfelisturmer has an excellent reputationgipfelisturmer has an excellent reputationgipfelisturmer has an excellent reputationgipfelisturmer has an excellent reputation
Re: Moving from DeGiro to Interactive Brokers

Quote:
View Post
Fun fact for those who wanted to do the same as I'm doing right now, at the time of transferring your whole portfolio, this wont be possible since DeGiro is not among the companies where this feature of transferring the whole portfolio from broker to broker is possible.

Sad.
Check here, unless something has changed in the past year.

https://forum.mustachianpost.com/t/t...-how-to/1993/6
This user would like to thank gipfelisturmer for this useful post:
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interactive brokers in Switzerland ipsiety Business & entrepreneur 463 13.09.2021 22:40
Interactive Brokers account dau Finance/banking/taxation 112 13.08.2021 19:53
Interactive brokers withholding tax belgian beer lover Finance/banking/taxation 50 11.08.2020 05:49
Penny stock + Interactive Brokers martin959 Finance/banking/taxation 2 12.10.2017 08:46
CIM Banque (Interactive Brokers) - anyone? Leo+ Finance/banking/taxation 2 28.05.2013 05:19


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0