Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03.11.2020, 21:05
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Zürich
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Guido has no particular reputation at present
Brokers of funds

Hi all,

I have a security account in Italy which offers 90% of all funds which can be bought in Italy/Europe - such as an aggregator of funds, instead of having the "proprietary" ones of the corresponding AM of the private Bank.


Is there something similar offered here in Switzerland?
I wish moving my assets here but I didn't find any bank offering the investments I currently have.


Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04.11.2020, 08:50
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 19,791
Groaned at 422 Times in 314 Posts
Thanked 19,895 Times in 10,645 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brokers of funds

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

I have a security account in Italy which offers 90% of all funds which can be bought in Italy/Europe - such as an aggregator of funds, instead of having the "proprietary" ones of the corresponding AM of the private Bank.


Is there something similar offered here in Switzerland?
I wish moving my assets here but I didn't find any bank offering the investments I currently have.


Thanks
Why would you bother to 'move' the funds?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07.11.2020, 16:43
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Zürich
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Guido has no particular reputation at present
Re: Brokers of funds

Quote:
View Post
Why would you bother to 'move' the funds?
Hi,

Because those sitting in Italy are automatically subject to the "unofficial" Italian wealth tax over security accounts regardless of your tax residence.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank Guido for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 09.11.2020, 06:46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: GR
Posts: 436
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 141 Times in 119 Posts
wantone has no particular reputation at present
Re: Brokers of funds

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

I have a security account in Italy which offers 90% of all funds which can be bought in Italy/Europe - such as an aggregator of funds, instead of having the "proprietary" ones of the corresponding AM of the private Bank.


Is there something similar offered here in Switzerland?
I wish moving my assets here but I didn't find any bank offering the investments I currently have.


Thanks
Try Interactive Brokers
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10.11.2020, 15:34
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Zürich
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Guido has no particular reputation at present
Re: Brokers of funds

Quote:
View Post
Try Interactive Brokers
I've seen, they are supported there.
There is nothing "swiss based" though?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10.11.2020, 16:50
Village Idiot's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 3,640
Groaned at 33 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 6,847 Times in 2,208 Posts
Village Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brokers of funds

Quote:
View Post
I've seen, they are supported there.
There is nothing "swiss based" though?
You'll get a quarter of the choice for ten times the price.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Village Idiot for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 11.11.2020, 21:33
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Zürich
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Guido has no particular reputation at present
Re: Brokers of funds

Quote:
View Post
You'll get a quarter of the choice for ten times the price.
Even not considering the price factor, there is no way to avoid "a quarter of the choice" with Swiss security accounts?
Strange Switzerland
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11.11.2020, 22:20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zürich
Posts: 40
Groaned at 6 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
awanderer has no particular reputation at present
Re: Brokers of funds

Swissquote is probably the cheapest Swiss provider, with the biggest choice. But note that in my experience they take no responsibility for anything that can happen with the funds on their platform (e.g. unexpected fees charged by fund management companies) and it is essentially a bare-bone platform with poor customer service (or commitment to customers).

Interactive Brockers are much cheaper and generally better, but only offer a small subset of European mutual funds.

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

I have a security account in Italy which offers 90% of all funds which can be bought in Italy/Europe - such as an aggregator of funds, instead of having the "proprietary" ones of the corresponding AM of the private Bank.


Is there something similar offered here in Switzerland?
I wish moving my assets here but I didn't find any bank offering the investments I currently have.


Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12.11.2020, 22:49
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Zürich
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Guido has no particular reputation at present
Re: Brokers of funds

Quote:
View Post
Swissquote is probably the cheapest Swiss provider, with the biggest choice. But note that in my experience they take no responsibility for anything that can happen with the funds on their platform (e.g. unexpected fees charged by fund management companies) and it is essentially a bare-bone platform with poor customer service (or commitment to customers).

Interactive Brockers are much cheaper and generally better, but only offer a small subset of European mutual funds.

Got it, thank you very much
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interactive Brokers account dau Finance/banking/taxation 101 12.02.2021 08:44
Go For Life Brokers Spinal Insurance 1 08.12.2017 11:53
German Brokers for ETFs/Funds Ciuccio Finance/banking/taxation 0 29.07.2016 00:13
experience with insurance brokers user137 Insurance 2 10.11.2014 14:40
Interactive Brokers - Opening an Account/Transfering Funds/Dividend Taxes Metallising Finance/banking/taxation 11 11.07.2011 03:41


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0