Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16.09.2008, 16:37
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: zurich
Posts: 19
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ksheetu has no particular reputation at present
Investment in funds/bonds

Hi All,

I need information about Investment in funds and bonds on short term basis.
I want to invest my money say about 10,000 CHF for 6 months period in some
secure investment options.
I am here on L Permit. Is it still possible to invest my money here ?
I have no idea whether outsiders are eligible to contribute in funds/bonds.
If yes (L permit holder can apply for funds/bonds), then which is the best
option to invest my money with maximum security.

Kindly guide me on this. Help is appreciated.

Regards,
Ksheetu.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16.09.2008, 19:08
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,289
Groaned at 115 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 5,038 Times in 2,384 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Investment in funds/bonds

Investing in funds and bonds is a long term thing - at least 5 years. For a six month period think more about a cash deposit.

Good luck,

Jim
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 16.09.2008, 21:14
Goldtop's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 2,857
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 905 Times in 625 Posts
Goldtop has a reputation beyond reputeGoldtop has a reputation beyond reputeGoldtop has a reputation beyond reputeGoldtop has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Investment in funds/bonds

Quote:
View Post
Hi All,

I need information about Investment in funds and bonds on short term basis.
I want to invest my money say about 10,000 CHF for 6 months period in some
secure investment options.
I am here on L Permit. Is it still possible to invest my money here ?
I have no idea whether outsiders are eligible to contribute in funds/bonds.
If yes (L permit holder can apply for funds/bonds), then which is the best
option to invest my money with maximum security.

Kindly guide me on this. Help is appreciated.

Regards,
Ksheetu.
Nationality and visa-type are irrelevant to investment decisions. Open a bank account and ask the Bank for investment advice.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Goldtop for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 16.09.2008, 21:23
FrederikG's Avatar
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: zürich
Posts: 29
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
FrederikG has no particular reputation at present
Re: Investment in funds/bonds

I agree with above. If for short term do not by a funds or bond. But try not to rely only on 1 bank, most of them get commission for selling products as structured bonds, bonds, funds, structured products and other fancy things.

If you really want to keep it on the safe side, consider where you come from, if you are from a euro country and the money is in euro you might want to keep them in euro (=higher interest rate) if it already in CHF consider finding a good retail bank who will give you at least 3-4 procent, which is possible here in CH, and still keeping it in cash.

If you on the other hand will gamble a bit but not take the big risk you can buy a ETF (exchange traded fund) who deals in bonds, preferable euro bonds cause it gives you a higher interest rate. Here you need to make sure that the bank dos not screw you on the commission and think a bit about that you need a bit of help selecting. Most banks will not advice you this because this is what they earn about nothing on compared to a structured note or fund.

Good luck
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank FrederikG for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 17.09.2008, 11:27
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: zurich
Posts: 19
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ksheetu has no particular reputation at present
Re: Investment in funds/bonds

Thanks to all.

How about Credit Suisse for investing my money ?

Evenif I will go to my home country after sometime I can able to
handle my investment from there, right ?

Very first time I am investing my money so don't want to take any risk.
Want a secure way to handle my investment ..

As per my understanding now cash deposite is safe rather than funds/bonds ..


Regards,
Ksheetu.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17.09.2008, 12:00
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bevaix
Posts: 102
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
vydetra2 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Investment in funds/bonds

First there would be bank charges, please find the fees. Before you decide to invest, please do remember that this is your nest, it is your duty to protect it, do not depend on the advice of the bank, whose sole objective is to earn fees from you.
Please excuse me when i share this below

The big mistake people make is that they believe financial institutions
create wealth.

Its the other way around, it is wealth that creates financial institutions.

Banks do not create wealth, they are the result of it.

Weath and assets are created by factories, goods and service producers.
The financial instituions including banks only re-distribute the assets and
wealth ... after keeping back a substantial fee-percentage.
Like scavengers the banks smell out the HNIs (high net worth individuals) and 'wealth centres' and get in
with plans and dreams to make a good living. The banks are wealth destroyers.
These banks are then followed by the politicos who are also 'wealth destroyers' ... they
twist policies around to perpetuate their chairs and end up making life
difficult for the 'wealth creators' and 'wealth distributors'.

May God be with you, these days are difficult
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17.09.2008, 13:18
Goldtop's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 2,857
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 905 Times in 625 Posts
Goldtop has a reputation beyond reputeGoldtop has a reputation beyond reputeGoldtop has a reputation beyond reputeGoldtop has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Investment in funds/bonds

Quote:
View Post
First there would be bank charges, please find the fees. Before you decide to invest, please do remember that this is your nest, it is your duty to protect it, do not depend on the advice of the bank, whose sole objective is to earn fees from you.
Please excuse me when i share this below

The big mistake people make is that they believe financial institutions
create wealth.

Its the other way around, it is wealth that creates financial institutions.

Banks do not create wealth, they are the result of it.

Weath and assets are created by factories, goods and service producers.
The financial instituions including banks only re-distribute the assets and
wealth ... after keeping back a substantial fee-percentage.
Like scavengers the banks smell out the HNIs (high net worth individuals) and 'wealth centres' and get in
with plans and dreams to make a good living. The banks are wealth destroyers.
These banks are then followed by the politicos who are also 'wealth destroyers' ... they
twist policies around to perpetuate their chairs and end up making life
difficult for the 'wealth creators' and 'wealth distributors'.

May God be with you, these days are difficult
Essentially correct analysis. Nevertheless, there can be win-win situations, where both investor and bank benefit.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17.09.2008, 17:59
Jim2007's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kt. Bern
Posts: 4,289
Groaned at 115 Times in 98 Posts
Thanked 5,038 Times in 2,384 Posts
Jim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond reputeJim2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Investment in funds/bonds

Quote:
View Post
How about Credit Suisse for investing my money ?

Evenif I will go to my home country after sometime I can able to
handle my investment from there, right ?

Very first time I am investing my money so don't want to take any risk.
Want a secure way to handle my investment ..

As per my understanding now cash deposite is safe rather than funds/bonds ..


Regards,
Ksheetu.
- Pick the institution that offers you the best fees

- For short term investing (1 - 3 years) cash deposits are best
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Jim2007 for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 17.09.2008, 20:45
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Zurich
Posts: 140
Groaned at 16 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 38 Times in 19 Posts
private_banker has annoyed a few people around hereprivate_banker has annoyed a few people around hereprivate_banker has annoyed a few people around here
Re: Investment in funds/bonds

Quote:
View Post
Hi All,

I need information about Investment in funds and bonds on short term basis.
I want to invest my money say about 10,000 CHF for 6 months period in some
secure investment options.
I am here on L Permit. Is it still possible to invest my money here ?
I have no idea whether outsiders are eligible to contribute in funds/bonds.
If yes (L permit holder can apply for funds/bonds), then which is the best
option to invest my money with maximum security.

Kindly guide me on this. Help is appreciated.

Regards,
Ksheetu.
I see that you are an Indian National. Why not open a bank account in India where the local banks (backed by the Indian Government) pay almost 10% interest. If you need some of this money in Switzerland, you can always transfer the rest to India and exchange rates are quite good as well (1 CHF = 41.75 INR). You would make a lot more money there than here especially if you have plans to move back permanently to India.

As others have said, I will not recommend investing in funds or bonds in Switzerland. If you are really keen to get into the markets, why not invest in a mutual fund run out of Mumbai? The Indian market had fallen sharply in the last few months and it may be a good time to get back into the market.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17.09.2008, 20:46
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bevaix
Posts: 102
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
vydetra2 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Investment in funds/bonds

Quote:
View Post
- Pick the institution that offers you the best fees

- For short term investing (1 - 3 years) cash deposits are best
I support this cash deposit idea.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
need info




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UK Premium Bonds booksprite Finance/banking/taxation 10 16.01.2019 19:33
Property Investment Swiss Cheddar Housing in general 4 04.08.2008 19:25
trust funds rjainsley Finance/banking/taxation 4 30.05.2008 10:31
To save in funds whoop123 Finance/banking/taxation 4 01.02.2007 09:06


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0