Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Finance/banking/taxation  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14.02.2009, 10:46
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 11
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
London_girl has no particular reputation at present
Tax filing questions

OK, so I got my tax forms from my employer and now I am wondering what to do (if anything). I have been tax at source and my brutto salary is higher than CHF 120K, yet my netto salary is lower than CHF 120K (Brutto Lohn vs. Netto Lohn). 2 questions:

1) which one do I take to determine if I get to file or not - the netto or the brutto figure?;

2) if I do have to file a tax return, which Kanton do I file in? I work in Zug and I used to live in Zug up till November but moved on 1 November to Zurich.

Many thanks for your responses!
Reply With Quote
Old 16.02.2009, 22:24
Forum Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,019
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 345 Times in 262 Posts
bill_door has an excellent reputationbill_door has an excellent reputationbill_door has an excellent reputationbill_door has an excellent reputation
Re: Tax filing questions


questions like this have been answered so many times here!

take a look through the http://www.englishforum.ch/tags/tax/ threads. Richard has some great advice.

what you received is not your tax forms. what you have is equivalent to your P60 in the UK/IRL. It will be needed to help fill in the tax forms you WILL receive in March or May depending if this is your first year in the system.

Your salary is >120kCHF means you WILL eventually get a set of forms in the mail.

I think you will have to submit your tax return in ZRH. I think they take where you live on the 31st Dec as your tax location. ZRH & ZUG will then fight amoung themselves to see who gets the tax you have already paid at source.

Play with this software: http://www.steueramt.zh.ch/html/steu...g/software.htm

in preperation for completing the forms. It is a great help in generating teh tax forms and also how much you should expect back, because of all the deductions you can make. Your travel expenses from ZUG to ZRH should al be tax deductable.

Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mistake in tax filing--fixable? dreyfalex Permits/visas/government 0 01.09.2008 10:48
need help with filing complaint neerajana Complaints corner 18 13.09.2007 18:17
Not filing US taxes Tomito Daily life 2 30.04.2007 14:37

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0