I'll give a brita filter a go, see if it helps. I really miss that fresh taste!
In the meantime here's a recipe below for a good strong cup of indian chai (if you like strong tea it hits the spot!).
- add water to heavy base saucepan
- throw in good amount of cinnamon bark, few green cardomon pods, few bay leaves and one star anise (optional).
- bring to the boil. Water should start to colour. turn heat down
- add tea bags and continue to simmer slowly for ~2 mins
- add full fat milk, make it up to 50% volume (water / milk).
- simmer for a good 3-5 mins, until you get a rich dark colour
- heat off. strain through a seive
- add sugar to taste
(the quantities of above ingredients according to taste). You know its authentic chai when as it cools it starts forming a skin :-)
Delicious especially with hob nobs or digestives
You can swap the milk for condensed sweetened milk for extra fatty thickness.