Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Food and drink  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14.09.2011, 17:26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La Cote
Posts: 382
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 307 Times in 147 Posts
Nyonais has made some interesting contributions
Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

Would anybody be able to recommend a serious/intensive course in Wine tasting, in English. Preferably in France. If not, then in CH. Anyone who has done anything similar, appreciate if you could share your experience. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14.09.2011, 20:31
lemondrizzle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 314
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 142 Times in 103 Posts
lemondrizzle is considered knowledgeablelemondrizzle is considered knowledgeablelemondrizzle is considered knowledgeable
Re: Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

Not my 'cup of tea', but the latest Migros Ecole brochure that came through the door last week has a wine tasting course in English in Lausanne.

http://www.klubschule.ch/de/sparten/...28410&cid=1475

Could be what you are after?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank lemondrizzle for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 14.09.2011, 20:43
JPZ JPZ is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 178
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 129 Times in 69 Posts
JPZ is considered knowledgeableJPZ is considered knowledgeableJPZ is considered knowledgeable
Re: Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

Quote:
View Post
Would anybody be able to recommend a serious/intensive course in Wine tasting, in English. Preferably in France. If not, then in CH. Anyone who has done anything similar, appreciate if you could share your experience. Thanks.
Not sure about the intensive part, but maybe portsmouth68 can point you in the right direction. Send a PM to him.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank JPZ for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 14.09.2011, 20:48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La Cote
Posts: 382
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 307 Times in 147 Posts
Nyonais has made some interesting contributions
Re: Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

@lemondrizzle thanks. I did exactly the same course at the Klubschule in Nyon. It was in French but the instructor had agreed to translate in English. In the end, may be because of the language barrier, didn't learn too much, although the wines they had for tasting were very good
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14.09.2011, 20:48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La Cote
Posts: 382
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 307 Times in 147 Posts
Nyonais has made some interesting contributions
Re: Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

Quote:
View Post
Not sure about the intensive part, but maybe portsmouth68 can point you in the right direction. Send a PM to him.
Thanks. I will write to him.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14.09.2011, 21:09
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Luzern
Posts: 176
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 93 Times in 60 Posts
a.j.b is considered knowledgeablea.j.b is considered knowledgeablea.j.b is considered knowledgeable
Re: Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

Quote:
View Post
Would anybody be able to recommend a serious/intensive course in Wine tasting, in English. Preferably in France. If not, then in CH. Anyone who has done anything similar, appreciate if you could share your experience. Thanks.
Not sure how much use this will be based on your location and request but is related to this topic but would be fun if wine tasting is your thing. Every November there is (I think a weekly) event onboard a number of ships at Burkliplatz Zurich (tram stop in Zurich city, by Zurich lake) all evolved around wine tasting.

Last edited by a.j.b; 14.09.2011 at 21:35. Reason: added more details on location
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank a.j.b for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 14.09.2011, 21:13
ximix's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK (formerly Zurich)
Posts: 2,098
Groaned at 22 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,179 Posts
ximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

Am not in a position to make recommendations but here are the details of two upcoming Zurich based courses in English that might work.

http://www.steinfelsweinshop.ch/defa...87C32288750B45 (refer to the second course listed)

https://www.academie.org/english_classes.htm
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ximix for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 14.09.2011, 21:23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La Cote
Posts: 382
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 307 Times in 147 Posts
Nyonais has made some interesting contributions
Re: Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

Quote:
View Post
Am not in a position to make recommendations but here are the details of two upcoming Zurich based courses in English that might work.

http://www.steinfelsweinshop.ch/defa...87C32288750B45 (refer to the second course listed)

https://www.academie.org/english_classes.htm
Thats great information. I am looking for something more comprehensive but any of these courses would be great start. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Nyonais for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 14.09.2011, 21:24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La Cote
Posts: 382
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 307 Times in 147 Posts
Nyonais has made some interesting contributions
Re: Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

Quote:
View Post
Not sure how much use this will be based on your location and request but is related to this topic but would be fun if wine tasting is your thing. Every November there is (I think a weekly) event onboard a number of ships at Burkliplatz all evolved around wine tasting.
a.j.b I have been to these ships some 10 years ago. They are a great fun. One needs to be careful though, one can become quite drunk at the end of the evening...

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 14.09.2011, 23:37
ximix's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK (formerly Zurich)
Posts: 2,098
Groaned at 22 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,179 Posts
ximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

Quote:
View Post
Thats great information. I am looking for something more comprehensive but any of these courses would be great start. Thanks.
Check out this site I just stumbled upon - http://www.abcwine-spirits.ch/index....mid=27&lang=en
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ximix for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 15.09.2011, 00:11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La Cote
Posts: 382
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 307 Times in 147 Posts
Nyonais has made some interesting contributions
Re: Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

Quote:
View Post
Check out this site I just stumbled upon - http://www.abcwine-spirits.ch/index....mid=27&lang=en
This is great. This is exactly what I was looking for. I just have to make sure that I have the money now. Thanks a million.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Nyonais for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 15.09.2011, 00:18
ximix's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK (formerly Zurich)
Posts: 2,098
Groaned at 22 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,179 Posts
ximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any recommendations for a course in Wine tasting?

Quote:
View Post
This is great. This is exactly what I was looking for. I just have to make sure that I have the money now. Thanks a million.
You're welcome. Looking forward to sampling some (maybe all ) of your recommendations sometime soon so long as the price is right.

Keep us posted. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(white) wine tasting course Zurich area I106402 Other/general 1 12.12.2010 15:27
Wine Tasting Course in Basel - Any Interest mirfield Food and drink 19 16.04.2010 21:41
Moevenpick Wine Zug. Free wine tasting day. grumpygrapefruit Commercial events 0 08.03.2010 12:50
Wine tasting in Luzern - Spanish Wine portsmouth68 Commercial events 2 14.07.2009 18:22
Wine Tasting in Luzern - Australian Wine portsmouth68 Commercial events 0 14.07.2009 14:05


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0