Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Food and drink  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 28.10.2012, 23:04
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 343
Groaned at 82 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 408 Times in 188 Posts
Vegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthy
Vegan Cooking classes

I am thinking about introducing Oil free whole foods high end Vegan cooking classes in English soon is there a demand for this in Zurich?

Would also explain Proteins & Vitamins found in plant based food this would be great for those who want to have more healthy food choices & lose some weight. I am one of the leading Oil free whole food Chef in the world.
Feed back hare would be great.

I would also teach about the health Values of Green Juicing for added energy
The following 2 users would like to thank Vegan_Chef for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 28.10.2012, 23:15
Lou's Avatar
Lou Lou is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,778
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,474 Posts
Lou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Why oil free? Oils are essential to health.
The following 2 users would like to thank Lou for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 28.10.2012, 23:38
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 343
Groaned at 82 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 408 Times in 188 Posts
Vegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthy
Sorry, spell check not working - here is the English version

We are thinking about introducing oil-free whole-food high-end Vegan cooking classes in English soon.

In these classes, we would also explain all the magic Proteins, Vitamins and Minerals found in plant-based food. This would also be great for those who want to have more healthy food choices & lose some or a lot of weight. Terry is one of the leading oil-free whole-food plant-based Vegan Chefs in the world. Forget the idea of boring carrot and cellery stick munching Vegans - we are talking about Gourmet Vegan Cuisine here with a mix of Continental, Italian, Asian, Indian and Traditional dishes. All recipes are originally created by us.

Amongst a lot of other very interesting things, we would also teach about the health values of Green Juicing for added energy and vitality.

Is there a demand for this in and around Zurich? Feedback here would be great.

You can also follow us on Twitter for great nutrional tips and healthy food choices, which will keep you on the path to optimal health www.twitter.com/VeganUp

Quote:
View Post
Why oil free? Oils are essential to health.
You are 100% right. Oils are indeed essential to health, but NOT processed oils. Hence, get your oils from eating the olives, for example. This way you get the fiber at the same time, which helps your body eliminate what it doesn't need. The 'Forks over Knives' documentary explains this very thoroughly.

These cutting edge researches and studies are very new, but the movement in the USA, Canada, etc. is huge.

The Mediterranean Diet paradox is a myth at best.

Last edited by MusicChick; 29.10.2012 at 14:51. Reason: merging consecutive posts
This user would like to thank Vegan_Chef for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 28.10.2012, 23:53
Lou's Avatar
Lou Lou is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,778
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,474 Posts
Lou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Are you saying that all pressed oils are bad? In what way is the Mediterranean diet a myth? Do you have any links to support this? You mentioned a documentary do have a link for that? What you are saying goes against conventional nutritional wisdom so I am intrigued as to your answers.

Quote:
View Post
The Mediterranean Diet paradox is a myth at best.
The following 3 users would like to thank Lou for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 28.10.2012, 23:58
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 343
Groaned at 82 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 408 Times in 188 Posts
Vegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthy
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Yes to all your answers , I gave you a very good source Forks Over Knives and the best part is that it is done by two leading USA doctors.

Have a nice night
  #6  
Old 29.10.2012, 00:02
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 343
Groaned at 82 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 408 Times in 188 Posts
Vegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthy
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Dr. Esselstyn's program has been receiving national attention after former President Bill Clinton reversed his heart disease using Dr. Esselstyn's diet ...
The following 2 users would like to thank Vegan_Chef for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 29.10.2012, 09:54
Occasional_Canadian's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dubi
Posts: 735
Groaned at 21 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 1,593 Times in 591 Posts
Occasional_Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeOccasional_Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeOccasional_Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeOccasional_Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeOccasional_Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeOccasional_Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Quote:
View Post
.... the magic Proteins, Vitamins and Minerals found in plant-based food.
Ahh, magic. Apt choice of words. Tell me, how do you magically up the B12 intake using only whole food plant sources, or ensure correct EFA intake without pressed oils?
This user would like to thank Occasional_Canadian for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 29.10.2012, 10:06
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 55
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Zarzar has no particular reputation at present
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Hi

I am a vegan (plant based diet) and get my B12 up by using nutritional yeast in my cooking... don't know if you can get it here but I buy a big tub whenever I am in the UK.

I would be interested in the cooking classes as always keen to learn new recipes etc (I love cooking). It would also be excellent if somebody opened a vegan/organic cafe in Zurich as this is something I really miss here.... just in case you want to expand your cooking classes into a cafe
This user would like to thank Zarzar for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:02
sashimiso's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: riehen
Posts: 549
Groaned at 58 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 414 Times in 224 Posts
sashimiso has an excellent reputationsashimiso has an excellent reputationsashimiso has an excellent reputationsashimiso has an excellent reputation
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Quote:
View Post
Sorry, spell check not working - here is the English version

We are thinking about introducing oil-free whole-food high-end Vegan cooking classes in English soon.

In these classes, we would also explain all the magic Proteins, Vitamins and Minerals found in plant-based food. This would also be great for those who want to have more healthy food choices & lose some or a lot of weight. Terry is one of the leading oil-free whole-food plant-based Vegan Chefs in the world. Forget the idea of boring carrot and cellery stick munching Vegans - we are talking about Gourmet Vegan Cuisine here with a mix of Continental, Italian, Asian, Indian and Traditional dishes. All recipes are originally created by us.

Amongst a lot of other very interesting things, we would also teach about the health values of Green Juicing for added energy and vitality.

Is there a demand for this in and around Zurich? Feedback here would be great.

You can also follow us on Twitter for great nutrional tips and healthy food choices, which will keep you on the path to optimal health www.twitter.com/VeganUp

Hi, I live in Basel, not Zurich, but I would be interested if they are not all the time (or I can come and go) because of the distance.
  #10  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:05
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 343
Groaned at 82 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 408 Times in 188 Posts
Vegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthy
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Quote:
View Post
Ahh, magic. Apt choice of words. Tell me, how do you magically up the B12 intake using only whole food plant sources, or ensure correct EFA intake without pressed oils?
This is all a new learning curve, as you can get your fats for example from

1. Quinoa - a complete Superfood;

2. Avocado or Sesame seeds;

3. Nuts, such as brazil or cashew;

and many more plant-based foods.

But a footnote here: people who have heart disease should use these food groups very sparely, as fats play a major role in heart disease as per recent findings.

A good B12 supplement is indeed necessary in a plant-based regime.

The Fact of the Matter: Animal-based products (dairy, eggs, meat and fish) lead to bad health in later years.

I am a personal chef for leading celebrities, who choose a Vegan Regime to maintain Youth & Health far longer than most Omnivores.

These facts are not new - Hippocrates was a plant muncher, as well as Da Vinci, Socrates, Platos, Charles Darwin and Benjamin Franklin, to name a few. All these people made major changes to history.
This user would like to thank Vegan_Chef for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:05
sashimiso's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: riehen
Posts: 549
Groaned at 58 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 414 Times in 224 Posts
sashimiso has an excellent reputationsashimiso has an excellent reputationsashimiso has an excellent reputationsashimiso has an excellent reputation
Quote:
View Post
Dr. Esselstyn's program has been receiving national attention after former President Bill Clinton reversed his heart disease using Dr. Esselstyn's diet ...
I have been reading the book, my friend in the US bought it for me while i was there the week before last. I can easily understand how this way of living makes sense, but I find it much harder to find a variety of things to pick from here in Switzerland versus the US

Quote:
View Post
2. Avocado or Sesame seeds;
3. Nuts, such as brazil or cashew;
interestingly I thought i read Esselstyn state to avoid these .. but, it is hard for me to comprehend how to make great tasting vegan sushi without avocado.. though, I do use quinoa as a replacement for rice

Last edited by MusicChick; 29.10.2012 at 14:52. Reason: merging consecutive posts
  #12  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:14
Assassin's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chasing clouds
Posts: 4,023
Groaned at 180 Times in 123 Posts
Thanked 11,560 Times in 3,148 Posts
Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Marmite has B12, you either love or hate it though.
This user would like to thank Assassin for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:19
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 343
Groaned at 82 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 408 Times in 188 Posts
Vegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthy
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Quote:
View Post
interestingly I thought i read Esselstyn state to avoid these .. but, it is hard for me to comprehend how to make great tasting vegan sushi without avocado.. though, I do use quinoa as a replacement for rice
If you have heart problems you should eat very few fats even those from plants Dr Esselstyn is correct here
  #14  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:27
Caviarchips's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 3,979
Groaned at 99 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,388 Posts
Caviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Quote:
View Post
I am a personal chef for leading celebrities, who choose a Vegan Regime to maintain Youth & Health far longer than most Omnivores.

These facts are not new - Hippocrates was a plant muncher, as well as Da Vinci, Socrates, Platos, Charles Darwin and Benjamin Franklin, to name a few. All these people made major changes to history.
I'm not personally sure that following celebrities and their often faddish diets is necessarily the right way to plan one's own livestyle.

And in terms of great thinkers who are herbivores, it's common knowledge that Freud and Kant were solely carnivores, Einstein was one of the early shareholders in the Bell meat business in Switzerland (such was his love of their kalbsbratwurst), and Nelson Mandela has been eating ONLY KFC for years, so not sure your comparisons are relevant
The following 2 users would like to thank Caviarchips for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:30
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 343
Groaned at 82 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 408 Times in 188 Posts
Vegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthy
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Quote:
View Post
I'm not personally sure that following celebrities and their often faddish diets is necessarily the right way to plan one's own livestyle.

And in terms of great thinkers who are herbivores, it's common knowledge that Freud and Kant were solely carnivores, Einstein was one of the early shareholders in the Bell meat business in Switzerland (such was his love of their kalbsbratwurst), and Nelson Mandela has been eating ONLY KFC for years, so not sure your comparisons are relevant
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." Albert Einstein
This user would like to thank Vegan_Chef for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:35
Lou's Avatar
Lou Lou is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Zurich
Posts: 3,778
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Thanked 3,227 Times in 1,474 Posts
Lou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond reputeLou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

I looked up Forks over Knives but you have to buy the video. Since you are trying to convince us why not give us some free links to support your claims? I'm far from being Vegan but I am interested in healthy eating and I really can't see the problem with pressed oils.

Quote:
View Post
Yes to all your answers , I gave you a very good source Forks Over Knives and the best part is that it is done by two leading USA doctors.

Have a nice night
  #17  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:35
Caviarchips's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 3,979
Groaned at 99 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,388 Posts
Caviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Quote:
View Post
"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." Albert Einstein
Yeah......he was great at telling others what to do whilst munching on a sausage
The following 3 users would like to thank Caviarchips for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:42
Swiss Cheddar's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zug
Posts: 2,139
Groaned at 40 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 3,047 Times in 1,239 Posts
Swiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Cheddar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Quote:
View Post
The Fact of the Matter: Animal-based products (dairy, eggs, meat and fish) lead to bad health in later years.
Eating fish leads to bad health in later years???

Please expand.



Quote:
View Post
I am a personal chef for leading celebrities.........
Cool......name a few


cheers
SC
This user would like to thank Swiss Cheddar for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:45
Assassin's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chasing clouds
Posts: 4,023
Groaned at 180 Times in 123 Posts
Thanked 11,560 Times in 3,148 Posts
Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeAssassin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Quote:
View Post
I looked up Forks over Knives but you have to buy the video. Since you are trying to convince us why not give us some free links to support your claims? I'm far from being Vegan but I am interested in healthy eating and I really can't see the problem with pressed oils.
Not really true. There are plenty of download links on the web if you look hard enough. I have a copy you can borrow otherwise.
  #20  
Old 29.10.2012, 11:50
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 343
Groaned at 82 Times in 31 Posts
Thanked 408 Times in 188 Posts
Vegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthyVegan_Chef is considered unworthy
Re: Vegan Cooking classes

Quote:
View Post
Yeah......he was great at telling others what to do whilst munching on a sausage
He was born an Omnivore and became a Vegetarian in his final years
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cooking classes in Zurich area??? ursula_burr Other/general 32 01.06.2020 20:26
Indian cooking classes in Lausanne Andy Commercial events 2 30.08.2012 01:01
Dancing and Cooking Classes smtrickett Other/general 0 20.01.2012 03:26
Cooking Classes JennDH Daily life 1 25.01.2011 13:49
Cooking Classes ( In English) Priya Commercial 1 28.09.2008 11:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0