English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Food and drink (https://www.englishforum.ch/food-drink/)
-   -   Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It? (https://www.englishforum.ch/food-drink/183221-good-beer-where-can-you-buy.html)

Cali-Bruce 25.07.2013 09:08

Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
The local stores (Migros, Vogt, etc.) all have a horrible selection of very light beers -- Karlskrone, Feldschlosschen, etc. -- that remind me of the Budweiser, Coors and other lagers sold in the U.S. Even the larger stores seem to focus on their wine sections.

Is there somewhere between Zurich and Rapperswil that sells quality brews in bottles or cans. I especially like brown ales, stouts and Belgium white beers. Also, does the area have any small "craft" breweries?

Sean Connery 25.07.2013 09:11

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Migros doesn't sell beer. Well, non-alcoholic yes.

www.bierfactory.ch is what you seek.

Wollishofener 25.07.2013 09:13

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceSeidel (Post 1935902)
The local stores (Migros, Vogt, etc.) all have a horrible selection of very light beers -- Karlskrone, Feldschlosschen, etc. -- that remind me of the Budweiser, Coors and other lagers sold in the U.S. Even the larger stores seem to focus on their wine sections.

Is there somewhere between Zurich and Rapperswil that sells quality brews in bottles or cans. I especially like brown ales, stouts and Belgium white beers. Also, does the area have any small "craft" breweries?

In Zch-HB, above lines 22/23/24 in the Bhf-section Landesmuseum, you can find the "Beers-of-the-world" shop with an amazing selection of beers

Migros btw. does not sell alcoholic beverages in its main-line stores. But does do so in Migrolino, Denner, Globus

hannah'sauntie 25.07.2013 09:17

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
There's always here..

http://www.englishforum.ch/commercia...w-serving.html

E. Neubauten 25.07.2013 09:17

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Shops:

Drinks of the World at Zurich HB

Beerplanet Loewe at Badenerstrasse in ZH.

Grumpy's Moustrap Bar at Viadukt.

Brewery

Südwerk Pfaffikon ZH
Rappi Beerfactory Rapperswil

EDIT: gheh, everybody beat me to it.

Webshop: Erzbierschof.ch .Excellent selection of beers. warning: damn expensive.

drmom 25.07.2013 09:21

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Getränkemarkts, like Rio have a bigger selection of beers as well. Or Munich isn't that far :)

grumpygrapefruit 25.07.2013 09:41

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hannah'sauntie (Post 1935915)

Thanks HA. I have over 40 different British and Belgian beers (inc the elusive Duval triple hop) in stock right now. Drink at my bar and take home and I do discounts by the case.

Agreed, Rappibierfactory makes the best Swiss beer.

bearbadger 25.07.2013 09:44

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Connery (Post 1935905)
www.bierfactory.ch is what you seek.

We will be there - looks like fun! I'm not sure it can compete with what we are used to from Colorado (and no, I'm not talking Coors :msnsick:) but it's a good start and something fun to do on a Saturday. Thanks for sharing the link!

Cali-Bruce 25.07.2013 10:06

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Thanks everyone for the good info everyone on beer sellers. Looks like I have some shopping to do this weekend.

And the Bier Factory even has a craft brew festival coming up.
http://www.bierfactory.ch/craft-bier-festival/?lang=en

I know where I'll be on September 1!

Sean Connery 25.07.2013 10:18

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bearbadger (Post 1935931)
We will be there - looks like fun! I'm not sure it can compete with what we are used to from Colorado (and no, I'm not talking Coors :msnsick:) but it's a good start and something fun to do on a Saturday. Thanks for sharing the link!

Ah yes, the big beer place between the two hills, my friend works there. But you're right, there are lots of microbreweries in that area.

I like DIA too.

st2lemans 25.07.2013 10:45

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
http://www.bov.ch/beer/swissbeers.htm

Tom

Wollishofener 25.07.2013 11:20

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st2lemans (Post 1935970)

I personally find those three interesting
16-AUG Unterstammheim (towards Stein am Rhein)
01-SEP Rapperswil
15-SEP Tägerhard-Wettingen

California Dreamer 25.07.2013 11:45

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceSeidel (Post 1935941)
Thanks everyone for the good info everyone on beer sellers. Looks like I have some shopping to do this weekend.

And the Bier Factory even has a craft brew festival coming up.
http://www.bierfactory.ch/craft-bier-festival/?lang=en

I know where I'll be on September 1!

If your looking for something to replace Fat Tire, Singletrack, Avalanche or any other Breckenridge or Boulder brew then forget it. That standard of beer brewing has not reached these shores. I have not tried grumpys beer yet but I hear good things about them. The closest I have found is Sudwerk.ch which can be found in coop but only in single bottles. If only we could get cases of Dales IPA, the best camping beer ever made. :D

parkrunner 25.07.2013 18:10

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bearbadger (Post 1935931)
We will be there - looks like fun! I'm not sure it can compete with what we are used to from Colorado (and no, I'm not talking Coors :msnsick:) but it's a good start and something fun to do on a Saturday. Thanks for sharing the link!

I cycled across America a couple of years ago, and absolutely fell in love with Fat Tire from the New Belguim Brewery in Colorado. It become my official alcoholic beverage!
I wish I could find somewhere to get it here. I might well try the Beers of the World place at Zurich next time I'm there.

rob1 25.07.2013 18:43

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Good beer - easy: germany.

And the odd few micro breweries in ch

As for wartec. . Give it to people you dont like.

alanshearer 25.07.2013 20:18

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1 (Post 1936450)
Good beer - easy: germany.

And the odd few micro breweries in ch

As for wartec. . Give it to people you dont like.

I cant get away with warteck or feldschlossen. There are good beers here, for me Hurliman and Calanda speziall. Seems stores here tend to sell beers from their region mostly. But Germany is a safe bet. You can get Newcastle Brown Ale in the Coop and Boddingtons but it is slightly expensive

st2lemans 25.07.2013 21:18

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1 (Post 1936450)
Good beer - easy: Belgium.

And the odd few micro breweries in ch and Italy.

As for German beer. . Give it to people you dont like.

FTFY.

Tom

RTN 25.07.2013 22:44

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Or just get across to Meilen and have a browse at http://tel.search.ch/meilen/rainstra...getraenkemaert if you have some german then they will have something that meets the bill.

Connor MacLeod 26.07.2013 00:09

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Germany.

jacek 26.07.2013 20:44

Re: Good Beer -- Where Can You Buy It?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Connor MacLeod (Post 1936649)
Germany.

Second that. I never get disappointed with Kaufland's selection at decent price. But there are also better beer crazy places.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0