English Forum Switzerland

English Forum Switzerland (https://www.englishforum.ch/forum.php)
-   Food and drink (https://www.englishforum.ch/food-drink/)
-   -   Online Asian/Indian Grocery store (https://www.englishforum.ch/food-drink/199005-online-asian-indian-grocery-store.html)

kunalkalra 23.01.2014 20:45

Online Asian/Indian Grocery store
 
Hi all,

I recently moved to Wattwil and in search of some asian store nearby. I have 1 store in my city but that does not have all the stuff. Is there any way of buying stuffs online like I need flour ?? Any Idea about any online store.

Thanks in advance.

RK83 23.01.2014 21:10

Re: Online Asian/Indian Grocery store
 
Try below Indian grocery store ...
http://www.aggarwal.ch/service.php
http://www.barkat.ch
http://importas.ch.....

Me Myself & I 24.01.2014 15:14

Re: Online Asian/Indian Grocery store
 
Hi Kunal,

Although I'm only 20 mins from the city center, I don't come in often. I make a monthly shopping trip to Aggarwals to stock up. I suggest you do the same.

Aggarwals and Barkat are good shops that have a lot of stuff on offer. Snacks, spices, fresh veggies, sweets, meats, fish, atta, etc... They have it all.

Make sure you have heavy duty shopping bags to carry all your shopping!

kunalkalra 25.01.2014 17:33

Re: Online Asian/Indian Grocery store
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Me Myself & I (Post 2070886)
Hi Kunal,

Although I'm only 20 mins from the city center, I don't come in often. I make a monthly shopping trip to Aggarwals to stock up. I suggest you do the same.

Aggarwals and Barkat are good shops that have a lot of stuff on offer. Snacks, spices, fresh veggies, sweets, meats, fish, atta, etc... They have it all.

Make sure you have heavy duty shopping bags to carry all your shopping!

Hi, you mean you stay near wattwil and go to zurich for monthly shopping ?? In my case it will not fit me as I am only in need of atta and paneer coz all spices and other things I bought from india two months back.

Me Myself & I 27.01.2014 09:51

Re: Online Asian/Indian Grocery store
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalkalra (Post 2071576)
Hi, you mean you stay near wattwil and go to zurich for monthly shopping ?? In my case it will not fit me as I am only in need of atta and paneer coz all spices and other things I bought from india two months back.

And where do you buy your fresh vegetables? The shops mentioned above also have things like fresh karela, bhindi and methi. (bitter gourd, okra & fenugreek)

For paneer, I suggest you make your own at home, it's simple. http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/how...memade-paneer/

For atta, order online then. I doubt you will get atta at any other place other than Indian/Pakistani.

kunalkalra 01.02.2014 13:39

Re: Online Asian/Indian Grocery store
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Me Myself & I (Post 2072666)
And where do you buy your fresh vegetables? The shops mentioned above also have things like fresh karela, bhindi and methi. (bitter gourd, okra & fenugreek)

For paneer, I suggest you make your own at home, it's simple. http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/how...memade-paneer/

For atta, order online then. I doubt you will get atta at any other place other than Indian/Pakistani.

Hi, I never eat these vegetables :P I have dals with me and also other vegetables are available in migros which I want :P

busy-bee 05.02.2014 16:12

Re: Online Asian/Indian Grocery store
 
I highly recommend Aggarwal in Zurich. I've been going there for more than 10 years, never online though. I go every couple of months because I liken to brows through their fresh fish and veggie secretion and buy stock of all storable food items.

If you are looking at spices only, try www.gewuerzladen.ch. They have a great selection of spices form around the world.

The best selection of spices from anywhere in the world is at Merlasco in Langnau am Albis: http://www.merlasco.com

dhanvk 05.02.2014 16:47

Re: Online Asian/Indian Grocery store
 
I absolutely love these vegetables especially KARELA... You wont find any restaurant here who could make KARELA vegetable dish for you. But a very nice lady at PARTHO STORES near ETH did make it many a times on my personal request. She is a very good cook.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalkalra (Post 2077621)
Hi, I never eat these vegetables :P I have dals with me and also other vegetables are available in migros which I want :P

Btw, you might find some (i know 3 places in Kloten) Italian/turkey shops who also sells Indian groceries and other Asian food items


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:51.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0