I recently started making my own salad sauces, French vinaigrette style, and all of a sudden I am eating tons of salad on an evening... never again will I buy anything from a shop!
The basic recipe I use that I Googled then added to a bit is:
- 3 parts good olive oil
- 1 part balsamic or white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Half a tea spoon of honey (sometimes I leave this out)
- A few sprinkles of salt to taste (I use around 1/4 of a teaspoon but then I tend not to use much salt in everything)
- A few sprinkles of pepper to taste
- A few sprinkles of onion powder
- A few sprinkles of garlic powder
Next I want to try and make some good Italian dressing. So... anyone else got any salad sauce recipes they know and love?