Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Food and drink  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06.11.2016, 17:06
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 24
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Dark Knight has no particular reputation at present
Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Friends,

Beware of the Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt in Zurich. Recently their management changed and things are a bit shady. They tend to pump in additional costs coupled with obnoxious service. And, goes without saying, the behavior is too arrogant and rude.

Rgds,
DK
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Dark Knight for this useful post:
The following 2 users groan at Dark Knight for this post:
  #2  
Old 06.11.2016, 17:17
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,877
Groaned at 284 Times in 213 Posts
Thanked 17,621 Times in 6,192 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Why are you posting negative publicity about a business without any facts, examples of what happened?
Reply With Quote
The following 8 users would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 06.11.2016, 17:30
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Zurich
Posts: 24
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Dark Knight has no particular reputation at present
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

All facts. Got to know from friends first but now found out myself. Buffets are not replenished, price remains exorbitant, even infant headcounts are charged! Also when pointed out, the response is extremely arrogant - things like "no need to come to this place again. Go somewhere else".
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06.11.2016, 17:49
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
View Post
All facts. Got to know from friends first but now found out myself. Buffets are not replenished, price remains exorbitant, even infant headcounts are charged! Also when pointed out, the response is extremely arrogant - things like "no need to come to this place again. Go somewhere else".
I expect their lawyers may come to you
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
This user groans at for this post:
  #5  
Old 06.11.2016, 17:51
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
View Post
All facts. Got to know from friends first but now found out myself. Buffets are not replenished, price remains exorbitant, even infant headcounts are charged! Also when pointed out, the response is extremely arrogant - things like "no need to come to this place again. Go somewhere else".
On balance, though, most Indian restaurants around the city are pretty pricey. How do they charge for children? Most charging structures I've experienced are to charge CHF 1.- for every year old the child is, so a 10 year old eats for CHF 10.-

As to service being crummy, I guess if they're still in business, it can't be THAT bad.

Tripadvisor gives it an overall 4 out of 5. Couple of bad reviews as far as I read but most are good.

https://www.tripadvisor.ch/ShowUserR...llisellen.html
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06.11.2016, 18:16
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,690
Groaned at 281 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Been there twice - first time was excellent. Second time wasn't.

The chefs had changed from Indian to Pakistani and the food was a long way short of the first visit - and wasn't served overly warm. They also no longer served alcohol - despite no change to their menu.

Not gone back since. It is a shame as it is convenient for us

Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 06.11.2016, 18:32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: CH
Posts: 314
Groaned at 7 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 223 Times in 116 Posts
Serk has earned the respect of manySerk has earned the respect of manySerk has earned the respect of many
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Concerning defamation of a restaurant, out of curiosity, I really wonder how "truth" and "good will" are assessed by a judge.
The statement: "the food was bad" (or even "the service was bad")
What's the fact and/or the truth to be assessed here?
I'm just curious...
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Serk for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 06.11.2016, 18:37
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,500
Groaned at 971 Times in 686 Posts
Thanked 17,486 Times in 6,852 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
View Post
All facts. Got to know from friends first but now found out myself. Buffets are not replenished, price remains exorbitant, even infant headcounts are charged! Also when pointed out, the response is extremely arrogant - things like "no need to come to this place again. Go somewhere else".
Sadly in Zurich most Indian restaurants are like pretty poor quality, especially for buffets. It's also rare I go to an Indian restaurant and the staff aren't cocky sods.

There are only a couple of restaurants in Zurich that I will touch.

Quote:
View Post
Concerning defamation of a restaurant, out of curiosity, I really wonder how "truth" and "good will" are assessed by a judge.
The statement: "the food was bad" (or even "the service was bad")
What's the fact and/or the truth to be assessed here?
I'm just curious...
The chances of being prosecuted for giving an opinion about service on an internet site are slim to none, the exact same happens on Tripadvisor, but people for some reason love to claim faux outrage and start mentioning lawyers etc the moment someone writes negative feedback about something. It's just one of those "EF things".
Reply With Quote
The following 9 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 06.11.2016, 18:50
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Friends,

Beware of the Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt in Zurich. Recently their management changed and things are a bit shady. They tend to pump in additional costs coupled with obnoxious service. And, goes without saying, the behavior is too arrogant and rude.

Rgds,
DK
The name is mentioned, the area is mentioned so no way of saying it was somewhere else and their is a claim of fraudulent practices by "pumping additional costs".

I agree a Swiss restaurateur may not bother but a foreign entity may not be so nice, the chances are slim, admittedly, but their is enough there to start something the the owner wished to be bloody minded.

Judicial protection insurance is not expensive these days
Reply With Quote
This user groans at for this post:
  #10  
Old 06.11.2016, 19:30
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ZH
Posts: 7,090
Groaned at 67 Times in 54 Posts
Thanked 10,309 Times in 4,220 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

I'd be interested to know which "additional costs" were added.
For the food and drink? For service?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post:
  #11  
Old 06.11.2016, 19:44
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

I don't know why people waste their time and money on expensive exotic restaurants when there are so many excellent establishments where one can eat schnitzel and pommes or a delicious roesti at a reasonable price and with top quality service!
Reply With Quote
The following 12 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 06.11.2016, 19:52
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 7,877
Groaned at 284 Times in 213 Posts
Thanked 17,621 Times in 6,192 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
View Post
I'd be interested to know which "additional costs" were added.
For the food and drink? For service?
it was this outrageous post of something called "MWSt". the OP didn't even ask for it and yet they charged 8%!
Reply With Quote
The following 11 users would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #13  
Old 06.11.2016, 19:53
roegner's Avatar
Moderately Dutch
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 10,360
Groaned at 348 Times in 290 Posts
Thanked 12,328 Times in 5,944 Posts
roegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond reputeroegner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

So, what is a good Indian restaurant in that area? Wallisellen/Dübendorf/Glatt?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06.11.2016, 19:53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ticino
Posts: 356
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 375 Times in 174 Posts
paizuri is considered knowledgeablepaizuri is considered knowledgeablepaizuri is considered knowledgeable
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
I don't know why people waste their time and money on expensive exotic restaurants when there are so many excellent establishments where one can eat schnitzel and pommes or a delicious roesti at a reasonable price and with top quality service!
And they don't "pump in additional costs". The aromat is on the table and you are welcome to use as much as you like!
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank paizuri for this useful post:
  #15  
Old 06.11.2016, 20:01
adrianlondon's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 9,169
Groaned at 171 Times in 154 Posts
Thanked 25,643 Times in 6,892 Posts
adrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
View Post
it was this outrageous post of something called "MWSt"
Isn't that what Aromat is made from?
Reply With Quote
The following 18 users would like to thank adrianlondon for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 06.11.2016, 20:11
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,500
Groaned at 971 Times in 686 Posts
Thanked 17,486 Times in 6,852 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
The name is mentioned, the area is mentioned so no way of saying it was somewhere else and their is a claim of fraudulent practices by "pumping additional costs".

I agree a Swiss restaurateur may not bother but a foreign entity may not be so nice, the chances are slim, admittedly, but their is enough there to start something the the owner wished to be bloody minded.

Judicial protection insurance is not expensive these days
Yeah and who exactly gets sued? 99% of people sign up here anonymously and EF can't give out home IP addresses without a court order, it's massive breach of privacy laws.

Let's just stop being silly with this whole BS about jumping on people saying claiming they are going to be sued, because unless someone engages in truly malicious libel and wages a reputation destroying campaign over multiple websites then the chances are absolutely tiny bordering on insignificant.
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #17  
Old 06.11.2016, 20:34
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Yeah and who exactly gets sued? 99% of people sign up here anonymously and EF can't give out home IP addresses without a court order, it's massive breach of privacy laws.

Let's just stop being silly with this whole BS about jumping on people saying claiming they are going to be sued, because unless someone engages in truly malicious libel and wages a reputation destroying campaign over multiple websites then the chances are absolutely tiny bordering on insignificant.
In theory, though, if someone left a damning, character-damaging, business-ending kind of inflammatory review and the business owners decided to get all hissy about it, couldn't they then try to take legal action against the EF itself for not modding out the damaging details?

Not disagreeing with you but just wondering how much of a shitty detailed review someone could get away with on a public forum.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #18  
Old 06.11.2016, 20:53
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,500
Groaned at 971 Times in 686 Posts
Thanked 17,486 Times in 6,852 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
In theory, though, if someone left a damning, character-damaging, business-ending kind of inflammatory review and the business owners decided to get all hissy about it, couldn't they then try to take legal action against the EF itself for not modding out the damaging details?

Not disagreeing with you but just wondering how much of a shitty detailed review someone could get away with on a public forum.
I imagine you could write a far more negative opinion than is in the OP and still be fine, especially if it is his genuine opinion on the service he received.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 07.11.2016, 09:07
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,690
Groaned at 281 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
I don't know why people waste their time and money on expensive exotic restaurants when there are so many excellent establishments where one can eat schnitzel and pommes or a delicious roesti at a reasonable price and with top quality service!
That is almost as ridiculous as Jamie Oliver using Switzerland in his "Superfoods" program. Doesn't he realize the country is full of massively overweight unhealthy people because their diet consists of cheese, butter, processed meats and chocolate?????
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 07.11.2016, 09:52
NotAllThere's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baselland
Posts: 12,504
Groaned at 192 Times in 169 Posts
Thanked 18,026 Times in 7,343 Posts
NotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond reputeNotAllThere has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beware - Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt, Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Friends,

Beware of the Sahar Indian restaurant, Glatt in Zurich. Recently their management changed and things are a bit shady. They tend to pump in additional costs coupled with obnoxious service. And, goes without saying, the behavior is too arrogant and rude.

Rgds,
DK
Sounds like a normal Swiss restaurant.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Indian Restaurant Seebach Zurich pino32 Entertainment & dining 11 11.04.2015 13:17
Indian Restaurant Cashboy Business & entrepreneur 86 14.07.2009 01:38
beware of fake indian food resturants RivellaFan Complaints corner 26 24.04.2008 11:45


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0