Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Food and drink
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14.05.2018, 18:54
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,826
Groaned at 1,117 Times in 613 Posts
Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,786 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Street Food Festival Zürich

This month

http://www.street-food-festival.ch/
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 27.05.2018, 17:47
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,826
Groaned at 1,117 Times in 613 Posts
Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,786 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Full sun. NO shade except for an overheated circus tent. What a disaster! Overpriced and mini portions.But what food they have looked good.But what's a Street Food festival without a street? Ist Zürich that's what it is.Why don't they do it in Langstrasse!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
This user groans at omtatsat for this post:
  #3  
Old 27.05.2018, 18:28
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,435
Groaned at 37 Times in 28 Posts
Thanked 606 Times in 446 Posts
blackbird has earned some respectblackbird has earned some respect
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

The festival runs until Jun10,2018

These days in the gastronomy industry , everything is about profit margins.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank blackbird for this useful post:
This user groans at blackbird for this post:
  #4  
Old 27.05.2018, 18:29
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,826
Groaned at 1,117 Times in 613 Posts
Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,786 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

These days in Zürich everything is about ripping people off. Simply dont go in the weekend!
Quote:
View Post
The festival runs until Jun10,2018

These days in the gastronomy industry , everything is about profit margins.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
This user groans at omtatsat for this post:
  #5  
Old 27.05.2018, 18:41
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Leimbach, Zürich
Posts: 4,085
Groaned at 211 Times in 170 Posts
Thanked 4,233 Times in 2,157 Posts
EdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Quote:
View Post
Full sun. NO shade except for an overheated circus tent. What a disaster! Overpriced and mini portions.But what food they have looked good.But what's a Street Food festival without a street? Ist Zürich that's what it is.Why don't they do it in Langstrasse!
Given everything you had to complain about this festival in postings from last year why did you even bother to go? It is ment for people who enjoy something new while enjoying a nice beer in the sun, and not for naggers like you.

Even the remark of a missing street is a replay from your earlier complaints.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank EdwinNL for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 27.05.2018, 18:45
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,826
Groaned at 1,117 Times in 613 Posts
Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,786 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Nobody was sitting outside in the midday sun enjoying a beer.
Quote:
View Post
Given everything you had to complain about this festival in postings from last year why did you even bother to go? It is ment for people who enjoy something new while enjoying a nice beer in the sun, and not for naggers like you.

Even the remark of a missing street is a replay from your earlier complaints.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27.05.2018, 18:46
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Leimbach, Zürich
Posts: 4,085
Groaned at 211 Times in 170 Posts
Thanked 4,233 Times in 2,157 Posts
EdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond reputeEdwinNL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Quote:
View Post
Nobody was sitting outside in the midday sun enjoying a beer.
The people looking for a good time must have left when they did see you coming.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27.05.2018, 18:49
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,826
Groaned at 1,117 Times in 613 Posts
Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,786 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Quote:
View Post
The people looking for a good time must have left when they did see you coming.
Well at least I did not have to wait in the line to get some ( overpriced ) food
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 27.05.2018, 19:21
papasmurf's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ZH
Posts: 521
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 554 Times in 213 Posts
papasmurf is considered knowledgeablepapasmurf is considered knowledgeablepapasmurf is considered knowledgeable
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

The Chili sauce with the Tenz Monos is awesome, I go just for that
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27.05.2018, 19:22
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,826
Groaned at 1,117 Times in 613 Posts
Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,786 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Quote:
View Post
The Chili sauce with the Tenz Monos is awesome, I go just for that
Momo you mean?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 27.05.2018, 19:49
ZuriRollt's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,647
Groaned at 93 Times in 68 Posts
Thanked 4,151 Times in 1,837 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Quote:
View Post
Full sun. NO shade except for an overheated circus tent. What a disaster! Overpriced and mini portions.But what food they have looked good.But what's a Street Food festival without a street? Ist Zürich that's what it is.Why don't they do it in Langstrasse!
If you cant post anything positive - and never much more than a one-liner -(despite begging for greenie points), why not just shut-up and let people make their own impressions .

I take my mood with me wherever I go, and that's the deciding factor usually whether it's enjoyable or not.

Or should we all just follow your negativity because it's you
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 27.05.2018, 20:31
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,826
Groaned at 1,117 Times in 613 Posts
Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,786 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Mad dogs and Englishmen in the midday sun. Street Food Fest Zurich

Name:  Unbenannt.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  74.7 KB

Quote:
View Post
If you cant post anything positive - and never much more than a one-liner -(despite begging for greenie points), why not just shut-up and let people make their own impressions .

I take my mood with me wherever I go, and that's the deciding factor usually whether it's enjoyable or not.

Or should we all just follow your negativity because it's you
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 28.05.2018, 01:28
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 8,206
Groaned at 115 Times in 100 Posts
Thanked 8,684 Times in 4,647 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Can some mod merge this with last years thread?

Alzheimer is losing short term memory, right?
Is one year considered short term, omtatsat? I hope that was defined way back enough.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 28.05.2018, 09:11
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Albisrieden
Posts: 4,440
Groaned at 99 Times in 68 Posts
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,391 Posts
nickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond reputenickatbasel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Or can we just have a sticky thread on this subject with moans from Omtatsat and one of the mods just change the date once per year?

I mean, if you didn’t like it last year, did you just go again to give yourself something to gripe about?

Quote:
View Post
Can some mod merge this with last years thread?

Alzheimer is losing short term memory, right?
Is one year considered short term, omtatsat? I hope that was defined way back enough.

Last edited by nickatbasel; 28.05.2018 at 09:13. Reason: w -> s. Typo
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 28.05.2018, 09:19
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 6,389
Groaned at 215 Times in 165 Posts
Thanked 13,458 Times in 4,589 Posts
k_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond reputek_and_e has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Quote:
View Post
Or can we just have a sticky thread on this subject with moans from Omtatsat and one of the mods just change the date once per year?

I mean, if you didn’t like it last year, did you just go again to give yourself something to gripe about?
we could use artificial intelligence in this case:
1. generate the thread on his begalf
2. give a couple of groans
3. some red blobs.
4. close the thread
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank k_and_e for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 28.05.2018, 12:23
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 8,206
Groaned at 115 Times in 100 Posts
Thanked 8,684 Times in 4,647 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Quote:
View Post
we could use artificial intelligence in this case:
1. generate the thread on his begalf
2. give a couple of groans
3. some red blobs.
4. close the thread
You could red blob him 5 days before the food-festival, promising green ones if he doesn't open an other thread about it.

Generating a thread on his behalf is drawing off the fun of it for him. So instead we could also - again 5 days in advance - suggest other subjects he could start a thread on instead.
That would serve everybody: He's got the joy of starting a thread, we got the joy of discussing what we find interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 28.05.2018, 12:46
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 9,848
Groaned at 93 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 13,770 Times in 6,107 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Quote:
View Post
Given everything you had to complain about this festival in postings from last year why did you even bother to go? It is ment for people who enjoy something new while enjoying a nice beer in the sun, and not for naggers like you.

Even the remark of a missing street is a replay from your earlier complaints.
He can re-open a two year old thread about Facebook but he’s incapable of finding his own thread from last year about the food festival and then he wonders why he has so many red blobs.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 28.05.2018, 22:46
ZuriRollt's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,647
Groaned at 93 Times in 68 Posts
Thanked 4,151 Times in 1,837 Posts
ZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond reputeZuriRollt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Daughter (23) just returned from being there with a friend, and it was apparently great! They feasted on Himalayen food, with no problems finding a good place to sit.

There's apparently a cooling spray on entering the area. Looking forward to revisiting with her in the coming days, with eyes focussed on spotting Veggie Cornish Pastie this time!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 29.05.2018, 07:41
omtatsat's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Timbuktoo/Zürich
Posts: 6,826
Groaned at 1,117 Times in 613 Posts
Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,786 Posts
omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat omtatsat
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

I had the cornish veggie pastie. 7CHF for one small piece of air filled pastry. Forget it!!
Quote:
View Post
Daughter (23) just returned from being there with a friend, and it was apparently great! They feasted on Himalayen food, with no problems finding a good place to sit.

There's apparently a cooling spray on entering the area. Looking forward to revisiting with her in the coming days, with eyes focussed on spotting Veggie Cornish Pastie this time!

Last edited by omtatsat; 29.05.2018 at 07:53.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank omtatsat for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 29.05.2018, 10:03
martin959's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 1,112
Groaned at 25 Times in 16 Posts
Thanked 532 Times in 294 Posts
martin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of many
Re: Street Food Festival Zürich

Quote:
View Post
He can re-open a two year old thread about Facebook but he’s incapable of finding his own thread from last year about the food festival and then he wonders why he has so many red blobs.
Been there, done that... is just annoying sometimes to find your own post xD
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Street food Festival Zürich without streets! omtatsat Food and drink 50 12.07.2017 16:22
Street Food Market this weekend in Zürich TobiasM Food and drink 10 02.03.2015 10:57
STREET FOOD FESTIVAL 29-31 August 2014 nikki_shannon Social events 1 29.08.2014 17:48
Street Artists Festival, Vevey Blonaybear Travel/day trips/free time 3 21.08.2009 13:51
Vevey 16th Street Artists Festival - 16e Festival Artistes de Rue Vanilla Commercial events 2 21.08.2008 11:53


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0