Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Help & tips > Food and drink  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11.08.2021, 10:08
John_H
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Flies on Bakeries...

Quote:
View Post
I fry flies with one of those electric tennis racquet things, it's quite satisfying when they sizzle

Seriously, years ago my sister lived in Plaistow, East London and there used to be a bakers shop there called Pithers. They kept a big open vat of synthetic cream outside the back door that would be full of flies and bluebottles, but they'd still use it to fill iced buns with
This .. Most efficient method for dispatch ..

Couple of weeks ago I had a BBQ in the garden which was cut short by rain. I forgot to take in the bag of food waste ... You can imagine the bin a few days later, absolutely swimming in maggots.. Those were dispatched with boiling water and bleach.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11.08.2021, 10:23
curley's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: canton ZH
Posts: 13,131
Groaned at 218 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 15,264 Times in 7,847 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flies on Bakeries...

Quote:
View Post
This .. Most efficient method for dispatch ..

Couple of weeks ago I had a BBQ in the garden which was cut short by rain. I forgot to take in the bag of food waste ... You can imagine the bin a few days later, absolutely swimming in maggots.. Those were dispatched with boiling water and bleach.
But it was food waste and they were just doing their job?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank curley for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 11.08.2021, 10:37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: VD
Posts: 450
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 483 Times in 252 Posts
AnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaSophiaA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flies on Bakeries...

Quote:
View Post
This .. Most efficient method for dispatch ..

Couple of weeks ago I had a BBQ in the garden which was cut short by rain. I forgot to take in the bag of food waste ... You can imagine the bin a few days later, absolutely swimming in maggots.. Those were dispatched with boiling water and bleach.
Or get chickens and transform all such waste, maggots included, into useable protein.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank AnnaSophiaA for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 11.08.2021, 11:33
amogles's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 12,361
Groaned at 338 Times in 274 Posts
Thanked 26,263 Times in 11,000 Posts
amogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond reputeamogles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flies on Bakeries...

Quote:
View Post
Or get chickens and transform all such waste, maggots included, into useable protein.
So true, the chickens simply love eating maggots. They always go for them first of all.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11.08.2021, 11:33
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 17,338
Groaned at 679 Times in 527 Posts
Thanked 26,396 Times in 10,640 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Flies on Bakeries...

Quote:
View Post
Or get chickens and transform all such waste, maggots included, into useable protein.
Or just eat the maggots - more useable protein.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Little flies vuachère Housing in general 18 10.03.2016 22:01
those flies kittekat Complaints corner 18 24.07.2014 14:07
Fine bakeries in Zurich area that does great sweet things? Xamarth Food and drink 12 16.05.2013 01:38
Flies!!! sarel Complaints corner 51 17.08.2011 21:15
Flies bravesocks Other/general 20 17.09.2007 07:54


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0