Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > Football/sports  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 31.03.2011, 18:38
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
What is the fastest speed recorded by an Indian Fast bowler? 20mph or maybe 21 if he had lentil soup the night before?
Fast enough to beat your Pakistani team What does it say of your batting greats if they can't handle 20mph balls
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 31.03.2011, 18:40
Faheem's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 79
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 76 Times in 40 Posts
Faheem has earned the respect of manyFaheem has earned the respect of manyFaheem has earned the respect of many
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Pakistan might be a controversial side, but we still hold the record for Fastest ball ever in the history of cricket, fastest century every in the history of cricket.
And some of the greatest players cricket has ever known.

I guess this bad boy kind of behavior is the reason why Indian women seem to fancy Pakistani cricketers instead of Indian ones eh?
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 31.03.2011, 18:40
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GraubŁnden
Posts: 636
Groaned at 69 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 421 Times in 255 Posts
Wasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputation
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
Fast enough to beat your Pakistani team What does it say of your batting greats if they can't handle 20mph balls
Indians or someone probably offered them money to throw the game, you know.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 31.03.2011, 18:41
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
Fast enough to beat your Pakistani team What does it say of your batting greats if they can't handle 20mph balls
They fair pretty well against the 20mph balls as demonstrated by my head to head comparison post
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 31.03.2011, 18:42
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
India perform better than Pakistan in world cup head to heads. But both teams only have 1 world cup final win each (just now) so it's academic.
Did not look academic the way you or Pak fans world over cry after these defeats. Everyone knows India Vs Pak is like war and higher than the final itself. It's 5:0 by the way if you forgot
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 31.03.2011, 18:44
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
Did not look academic the way you or Pak fans world over cry after these defeats. Everyone knows India Vs Pak is like war and higher than the final itself. It's 5:0 by the way if you forgot
I'm a scientist. I prefer to look at a larger sample size. In that case it is

Pakistan 69: 49 India
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 31.03.2011, 18:44
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GraubŁnden
Posts: 636
Groaned at 69 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 421 Times in 255 Posts
Wasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputation
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

You guys are as bad as German Vs English footbal fans!

Dragging in the past history of scores and the War!
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 31.03.2011, 18:45
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
You guys are as bad as German Vs English footbal fans!

Dragging in the past history of scores and the War!
The ODI stats only go back to 1978 though!
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 31.03.2011, 18:47
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: GraubŁnden
Posts: 636
Groaned at 69 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 421 Times in 255 Posts
Wasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputationWasted has an excellent reputation
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
Did not look academic the way you or Pak fans world over cry after these defeats. Everyone knows India Vs Pak is like war and higher than the final itself. It's 5:0 by the way if you forgot
Dude, you WON now go out, celebrate and have fun.

Unless ribbing it on the internet forums is all you can do.

Good luck for Saturday!
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 31.03.2011, 18:53
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
Pakistan might be a controversial side, but we still hold the record for Fastest ball ever in the history of cricket, fastest century every in the history of cricket.
And some of the greatest players cricket has ever known.
Still could not prevent 5:0 white wash or phhassstt Akhtar getting tonked around by God in WC Should I list the records India holds in cricket? My fav is when Kumble took all 10 Pakistani wkts. Although Sachin's 200 in ODI is a good one too.

Quote:
I guess this bad boy kind of behavior is the reason why Indian women seem to fancy Pakistani cricketers instead of Indian ones eh?
"SEEM" is the key word Pakistani girls aren't allowed out so what do you expect anyway? There will be WC in 4 years be patient and we can start it all over again.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 31.03.2011, 18:58
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
Dude, you WON now go out, celebrate and have fun.

Good luck for Saturday!
I have a headache from all the drinking I did last night. You think I will go out again?

We are losing on Saturday so luck won't help. Win against Pak was all I wanted.

Quote:
Unless ribbing it on the internet forums is all you can do.
I can bleed blue too

Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 31.03.2011, 19:13
Faheem's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 79
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 76 Times in 40 Posts
Faheem has earned the respect of manyFaheem has earned the respect of manyFaheem has earned the respect of many
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
Still could not prevent 5:0 white wash or phhassstt Akhtar getting tonked around by God in WC Should I list the records India holds in cricket? My fav is when Kumble took all 10 Pakistani wkts. Although Sachin's 200 in ODI is a good one too.
well I was reluctant to post videos... but wth.. here it is one for you my friend

Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 31.03.2011, 19:23
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
well I was reluctant to post videos... but wth.. here it is one for you my friend
Does not bother me at all. Such videos can be made of any batsman as they are all human and get out. Akhtar was a great bowler and could have ended up being even greater if he had not lost his way. He is one of my favorite Pak players along with Inzi bhai, Younis Khan and YoYo

See it does not burn me at all I class Pak as our brothers. It's another thing that Paks think they have absolutely nothing in common with India.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 31.03.2011, 19:29
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Finished watching the video. Some nice yorkers. Love Waqar's yorkers too.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 31.03.2011, 19:35
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

I think I have had my fill of rubbing it in. Good luck to Pak cricket for the future. I hope you keep producing phast bowlers that we can keep dispatching to the boundary.



You guys are world champions in lot of non cricket fields already
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 01.04.2011, 10:44
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oerlikon
Posts: 24
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Maxplank has earned some respectMaxplank has earned some respect
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

India was lucky on that day....Won the toss...home ground...home crowd. Situation would have been totally different if Pakistan batted first. Pakistan should have won the match easily as it blocked the "on paper" best team of the tournament. Ok on the number games Indian team is better but i think Indians can only perform in India. Imagine this world cup in Australia or England...Indians stand no chance to even qualify for the quarterfinal.

I regret to say that the best bowlers in the world were missing this tournament ...no not the two W's but Aamir and Asif. Indians are scared of Pakistani bowling attack. Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Shoib, Asif all these names can bring two minutes silence in the Indian dressing room. Anyway those names are not anymore in Pakistan team.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 01.04.2011, 11:03
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 26
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
swissdom has no particular reputation at present
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
India was lucky on that day....Won the toss...home ground...home crowd. Situation would have been totally different if Pakistan batted first. Pakistan should have won the match easily as it blocked the "on paper" best team of the tournament. Ok on the number games Indian team is better but i think Indians can only perform in India. Imagine this world cup in Australia or England...Indians stand no chance to even qualify for the quarterfinal.

I regret to say that the best bowlers in the world were missing this tournament ...no not the two W's but Aamir and Asif. Indians are scared of Pakistani bowling attack. Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Shoib, Asif all these names can bring two minutes silence in the Indian dressing room. Anyway those names are not anymore in Pakistan team.
All said and done dude...the verdict is out, on who is the best. If you are the best you should not be giving excuses on any sort of advantages. The best always wins no matter the place or time. 5:0, WC record is history to this and I guess all were not played on Indian soil.

All the quoted greats in your post are great bowlers (without doubt), what fails Pak are their batsmen, get them rite the next time you face us. Pak has basked on the bowling history for long, I scratch my head and think of a batting genius....sorry can't think of any.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 01.04.2011, 11:18
psp psp is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Adliswil
Posts: 69
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 41 Times in 25 Posts
psp is considered knowledgeablepsp is considered knowledgeablepsp is considered knowledgeable
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
India was lucky on that day....Won the toss...home ground...home crowd. Situation would have been totally different if Pakistan batted first. Pakistan should have won the match easily as it blocked the "on paper" best team of the tournament. Ok on the number games Indian team is better but i think Indians can only perform in India. Imagine this world cup in Australia or England...Indians stand no chance to even qualify for the quarterfinal.

I regret to say that the best bowlers in the world were missing this tournament ...no not the two W's but Aamir and Asif. Indians are scared of Pakistani bowling attack. Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Shoib, Asif all these names can bring two minutes silence in the Indian dressing room. Anyway those names are not anymore in Pakistan team.
Just like the names Sehwag, Sachin, Saurav, Yuvraj, Jadeja, Azhar, Sidhu, Kapil, Srikanth etc etc brings more than a 2 minute silence in your dressing room... lets accept the fact.. Paki's have better bowlers and Indians better batsmen, other than the 2 W's I dont think Pak has produced any bowlers who can strike fear in any batsmen...

Last edited by psp; 01.04.2011 at 11:20. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 01.04.2011, 11:21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: La Cote
Posts: 382
Groaned at 18 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 307 Times in 147 Posts
Nyonais has made some interesting contributions
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for your ubiased view. Winning by 29 runs hardly makes it far far superior, discounting for misfieldings dont think the Indian batting or bowling was that exceptional.

But its ok, you can talk. So what is the initial estimate against Sri Lanka then? Or will it be done on the day as the match progresses if not in hindsight?
I am not saying anything on my own, nor this is in hindsight....thats what Tendulkar said in his interview, that initially the way they started he thought it could be a 310-315 wicket and then, after the ball went soft and stopped coming on to bat like it did earlier, they found their timing going haywire and then had revise the target. Based on his experience he felt that about 270 would be par for the course.

in a one semi final of a world cup, if defeat by 29 runs is not substantial then what is?

Indian bowling is not exceptional. As Dhoni said in the post match, they dont bowl with express speed but use deception. Pakistani bowling was supposed to be exceptional but..
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 01.04.2011, 11:25
Newbie 1st class
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oerlikon
Posts: 24
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Maxplank has earned some respectMaxplank has earned some respect
Re: (Cricket World Cup) India-Pakistan [and other matches]

Quote:
View Post
All said and done dude...the verdict is out, on who is the best. If you are the best you should not be giving excuses on any sort of advantages. The best always wins no matter the place or time. 5:0, WC record is history to this and I guess all were not played on Indian soil.

All the quoted greats in your post are great bowlers (without doubt), what fails Pak are their batsmen, get them rite the next time you face us. Pak has basked on the bowling history for long, I scratch my head and think of a batting genius....sorry can't think of any.
Verdict is 69 to 49. Indians need to win 20 more matches to even come to call an even. Dont get confused on one tournament. Check this link out to get the comparison right.



http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ype=headtohead

Pakistan batsmans......Javed Miandad, Zaheer Abbas, Inzi, Yousuf...Ok they are not the best but they produced lot of wins from Pakistan. India minus Sachin....erm erm erm

Anyway Good luck for tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 World Cup actual match discussion here (all matches) scribble Football/sports 970 02.02.2011 15:16
Good pub in Basel to watch World Cup matches? famous Daily life 3 28.06.2010 12:07
Wednesday world cup matches: England vs Slovenia & Germany vs Ghana Miss-Lizzy Social events 9 23.06.2010 14:04
World Cup matches at 13:30 and 16:00 k_and_e Daily life 14 10.06.2010 22:09
Basel::Soccer World Cup Matches coolcd Social events 4 09.06.2010 13:30


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0