Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Off-Topic > Off-Topic > Football/sports  
View Poll Results: Who is going to win the Euro 2020/2021
France 16 21.33%
England 18 24.00%
Italy 10 13.33%
Belgium 6 8.00%
Germany 4 5.33%
Switzerland 7 9.33%
Portugal 2 2.67%
Northern Macedonia 3 4.00%
Holland 4 5.33%
other 5 6.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 29.06.2021, 00:35
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 31,577
Groaned at 2,353 Times in 1,711 Posts
Thanked 38,371 Times in 18,109 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

I blame it on global warming!

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 29.06.2021, 01:53
cannut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 6,871
Groaned at 179 Times in 139 Posts
Thanked 6,151 Times in 3,377 Posts
cannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond reputecannut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
I certainly have no interest.

Tom
We know
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 29.06.2021, 05:12
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 31,577
Groaned at 2,353 Times in 1,711 Posts
Thanked 38,371 Times in 18,109 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
We know
Actually, I didn't even watch as I didn't want to see disastrous humiliation in action.

But the honking cars just as I was getting ready to pack it in for the night meant something horrible had happened!

Meanwhile, a lot of you are late for the party. When I went to bed, there was only one vote for Switzerland (mine), now THERE ARE FOUR!

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 29.06.2021, 07:51
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,638 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
Actually, I didn't even watch as I didn't want to see disastrous humiliation in action.

But the honking cars just as I was getting ready to pack it in for the night meant something horrible had happened!

Meanwhile, a lot of you are late for the party. When I went to bed, there was only one vote for Switzerland (mine), now THERE ARE FOUR!

Tom
Your loss, I'm not even a football fan and I watched.

I really wanted Switzerland to win. (wasn't very confident that they can, but nice things do happen)

Hey, speaking of which, Sommer is my hero.

I also felt a bit sorry for the French because they too had an extraordinary team (they could have left out the aggressiveness though!) but this is sport. It was fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 29.06.2021, 08:24
swissotter's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ZH
Posts: 2,286
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,383 Posts
swissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
Your loss, I'm not even a football fan and I watched.

I really wanted Switzerland to win. (wasn't very confident that they can, but nice things do happen)

Hey, speaking of which, Sommer is my hero.

I also felt a bit sorry for the French because they too had an extraordinary team (they could have left out the aggressiveness though!) but this is sport. It was fantastic.
I’m not a usual footy fan too but you had to watch the game last night - and yeah Sommer was amazing but Xhaka (captain) really earned his stripes last night 👍🏻
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 29.06.2021, 08:27
Belgianmum's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Neuchâtel
Posts: 13,055
Groaned at 227 Times in 192 Posts
Thanked 21,547 Times in 8,832 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

I’m not a footie fan either but that match was really worth watching. It was fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 29.06.2021, 08:32
Castro's Avatar
à la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,580
Groaned at 117 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 16,649 Times in 5,299 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
I’m not a usual footy fan too but you had to watch the game last night - and yeah Sommer was amazing but Xhaka (captain) really earned his stripes last night 👍🏻
He was impressive, its just a shame he is suspended for the next match
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 29.06.2021, 08:38
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CH
Posts: 10,732
Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,638 Times in 8,014 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
I’m not a usual footy fan too but you had to watch the game last night - and yeah Sommer was amazing but Xhaka (captain) really earned his stripes last night 👍🏻
Indeed, and was also very good at motivating the team (I think I heard him saying "we are better, we can win!!"). I liked how the coach made all those strategic moves introducing new players at the end. Vargas was also a brave "kid".
Yep, I really enjoyed this match.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 29.06.2021, 08:51
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,256
Groaned at 392 Times in 269 Posts
Thanked 19,942 Times in 10,390 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
We know
You woke up early for the match

Hockey is my thing but this year Eurofoot hits home, both CH/CZ teams are good.

I like the way people let their hair down here

https://mobile.twitter.com/FootballM...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 29.06.2021, 09:15
Talk to you later's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: ZH
Posts: 1,330
Groaned at 55 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 2,471 Times in 906 Posts
Talk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond reputeTalk to you later has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Some French guy on our street was running to his balcony and shouting loud after each successful French goal and penalty. He shut up after the last one
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 29.06.2021, 10:08
Axa's Avatar
Axa Axa is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Suhr, Aargau
Posts: 2,930
Groaned at 37 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,830 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
Some French guy on our street was running to his balcony and shouting loud after each successful French goal and penalty. He shut up after the last one
I guess I also have a French neighbor. We listened to a loud NOOOOOOOO, and 20-30 seconds later we watched Sommer stopping the last penalty from France. The internet broadcast has indeed half a minute delay.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 29.06.2021, 10:16
Castro's Avatar
à la mod
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ZG
Posts: 5,580
Groaned at 117 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 16,649 Times in 5,299 Posts
Castro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond reputeCastro has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
Some French guy on our street was running to his balcony and shouting loud after each successful French goal and penalty. He shut up after the last one
I watched the game on ITV; When the Swiss were 3-1 down one of the commentators made a snide comment about Xhaka not having to worry about his yellow card suspension for the quarter final. Silly man
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 29.06.2021, 10:35
FCBarca's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La Côte
Posts: 1,338
Groaned at 104 Times in 54 Posts
Thanked 1,486 Times in 671 Posts
FCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
I guess I also have a French neighbor. We listened to a loud NOOOOOOOO, and 20-30 seconds later we watched Sommer stopping the last penalty from France. The internet broadcast has indeed half a minute delay.
Right before Mbappe took the 5th pk, I turned to my wife hoping we wouldn't hear any noise to spoil the suspense

Of course, what I found strange in the end was Sommer's delayed celebration - he seemed to forget it was the 5th
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 29.06.2021, 10:37
TonyClifton's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Hopefully soon to be Aargau
Posts: 1,345
Groaned at 498 Times in 290 Posts
Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,437 Posts
TonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond reputeTonyClifton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
Right before Mbappe took the 5th pk, I turned to my wife hoping we wouldn't hear any noise to spoil the suspense

Of course, what I found strange in the end was Sommer's delayed celebration - he seemed to forget it was the 5th
He was waiting for the VAR check. Ever since VAR they're really strict on keepers coming off the line when stopping a penalty.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 29.06.2021, 10:40
FCBarca's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La Côte
Posts: 1,338
Groaned at 104 Times in 54 Posts
Thanked 1,486 Times in 671 Posts
FCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
He was waiting for the VAR check. Ever since VAR they're really strict on keepers coming off the line when stopping a penalty.
He put his hand up with 5 fingers so it wasn't clear to me whether he was waiting for VAR check since the players & team were already running towards him. Seemed really strange

Of course, erupting into celebrations only to have it retaken would definitely affect anyone's concentration so the VAR check does make sense
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 29.06.2021, 11:24
Axa's Avatar
Axa Axa is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Suhr, Aargau
Posts: 2,930
Groaned at 37 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,830 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
Right before Mbappe took the 5th pk, I turned to my wife hoping we wouldn't hear any noise to spoil the suspense

Of course, what I found strange in the end was Sommer's delayed celebration - he seemed to forget it was the 5th
I think he could not believe he stopped the penalty and it took some time to grasp it.

In other topic, the fan of the day:
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 29.06.2021, 11:32
swissotter's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ZH
Posts: 2,286
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,383 Posts
swissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond reputeswissotter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
I think he could not believe he stopped the penalty and it took some time to grasp it.

In other topic, the fan of the day:
He encapsulated all of the Swiss dreams tears sweat in one meme - Harry Potter to Hulk in 3 mins 😁😄
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 29.06.2021, 11:35
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,256
Groaned at 392 Times in 269 Posts
Thanked 19,942 Times in 10,390 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post

I like the way people let their hair down here

https://mobile.twitter.com/FootballM...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Quote:
View Post
I think he could not believe he stopped the penalty and it took some time to grasp it.

In other topic, the fan of the day:
You are late after the party, see my link

But that photo is worth all the reposts.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 29.06.2021, 11:37
Axa's Avatar
Axa Axa is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Suhr, Aargau
Posts: 2,930
Groaned at 37 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,830 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
You are late after the party, see my link

But that photo is worth all the reposts.
Of course I'm late, made some noise last night with the locals and raised from bed until 9h00
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 29.06.2021, 11:42
MusicChick's Avatar
modified, reprogrammed and doctored²
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,256
Groaned at 392 Times in 269 Posts
Thanked 19,942 Times in 10,390 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Euro 2020

Quote:
View Post
Of course I'm late, made some noise last night with the locals and raised from bed until 9h00
Quote:
View Post
Wasn't it too cold without the t-shirt?
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DÉCLARATION D’IMPÔT SIMPLIFIÉE 2020 - Tax at source 2020 declaration questions Kirabi Finance/banking/taxation 0 05.01.2021 16:12
Paperless on 2020? lpuerto Finance/banking/taxation 12 20.11.2020 12:15
CDL expired on 12.09.2020 requested for an extension permit stay on 11.09.2020 in GE A jojo Permits/visas/government 6 15.09.2020 13:53
Belarus 2020 yacek International affairs/politics 47 03.09.2020 15:31


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0