Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Support > Support > Forum support  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11.03.2011, 15:30
Golfprostew's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Egg
Posts: 264
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 182 Times in 100 Posts
Golfprostew has earned the respect of manyGolfprostew has earned the respect of manyGolfprostew has earned the respect of many
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
Well im quite sure the Owner would like to know how this forum is being moderated, the forum seems to be run by small people in uniforms with a holier than thou attitude.. some of the mods on here really should get a life ...or is EF their life...
When I was a young boy I inadvertently stuck by club down a hole

What followed was me running as fast as I could from a swarm of angry wasps.

How does that phrase go? 'Light the blue touch paper and stand well back!'
This user would like to thank Golfprostew for this useful post:
  #22  
Old 11.03.2011, 15:33
miss_bean's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 525
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 464 Times in 224 Posts
miss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputation
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
Im starting to think that this forum is way over adminstered .. there are so many Mods and "editors " on this forum.. and most of the time one mod does not know what the other is doing..for example the thread i posted last night had 28 modifications to it by moderators ..it was openned and closed on three separate occasions¨.. it was moved ..etc etc

Dating girls 15 to 20 years younger than you

I think we need to reduce the number of moderators or at least getting them working from the same sheet..
I haven't seen all your posts,
so I don't know in general if they deserve all the red blobs that you have, had a glance at "dating younger" thread, I found it interesting was about to reply when I found it was already closed.
like someone mentioned in the same thread
"This is the most cosmetically enhanced thread I've seen on the forum yet. Half of the replies have been deleted, including many from the OP, and it had even been closed. Now it's been cleaned up and opened again and yet the replies again are heading down the same road as last night. "

There would be some history or reason why moderators would have done so.probably "the topic" was getting led into something offensive? it already served its purpose/ time to get closed etc.

All I can say is the more you use the forum, the more thankful you would be ..(to the mods, for keeping it worth the read)
The following 2 users would like to thank miss_bean for this useful post:
  #23  
Old 11.03.2011, 15:37
Uncle Max's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Züri
Posts: 7,553
Groaned at 164 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,486 Posts
Uncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
Well if i do get banned then this truely is the "english police state forum" .i guess that is the reason why i moved to Switzerland ..to get away from the dictatorships in UK and USA ...but i would have at least hoped that the moderators could accept criticism ...
You've clearly never lived in Syria.

Mods accept criticism all the time; we even respond kindly to it if the tone is calm. Right now you've done lots to draw attention to yourself and then complain you're some sort of victim.

Here's some advice: complain to a mod directly via PM, and if that doesn't satisfy your need for justice address the admin.

If that doesn't rectify the trouble, log off, take a Migros bag from a kitchen drawer, head to the shops and buy some flowers. Come home, arrange flowers, make tea and relax.

For all our sakes...
__________________
Wave ¦ Synthpop ¦ 80's ¦ Alternative ¦ Party ¦ Sat 24.03 Provitreff Zurich
The following 6 users would like to thank Uncle Max for this useful post:
  #24  
Old 11.03.2011, 15:46
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
Im starting to think that this forum is way over adminstered .. there are so many Mods and "editors " on this forum.. and most of the time one mod does not know what the other is doing..for example the thread i posted last night had 28 modifications to it by moderators ..it was openned and closed on three separate occasions¨.. it was moved ..etc etc

Dating girls 15 to 20 years younger than you

I think we need to reduce the number of moderators or at least getting them working from the same sheet..

The thread got gang-banged because you came off as a troll to many, then was closed. Then it was reopened because the topic is real. But then the swarm came back, and it got closed again. But about your trollness, this thread does bring the question back.

I found it crass that you would post a picture of your alleged girlfriend on there. Did you ask her permission to do that, or something you did on your own? It struck me as pretty slimy.
The following 9 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #25  
Old 11.03.2011, 15:48
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 187
Groaned at 69 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 98 Times in 56 Posts
Number7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthy
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
You've clearly never lived in Syria.

Mods accept criticism all the time; we even respond kindly to it if the tone is calm. Right now you've done lots to draw attention to yourself and then complain you're some sort of victim.

Here's some advice: complain to a mod directly via PM, and if that doesn't satisfy your need for justice address the admin.

If that doesn't rectify the trouble, log off, take a Migros bag from a kitchen drawer, head to the shops and buy some flowers. Come home, arrange flowers, make tea and relax.

For all our sakes...
Well i am the victim ..why was i banned previously by yours truely ..for no particular reason other than calling you a monk? ..I will PM you so we can discuss this privately..
  #26  
Old 11.03.2011, 15:51
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
Well if i do get banned then this truely is the "english police state forum" .i guess that is the reason why i moved to Switzerland ..to get away from the dictatorships in UK and USA ...but i would have at least hoped that the moderators could accept criticism ...
They can accept critcism but I would suggest you pick your battles with consideration and using the right language.

I've personally had my battles with mods in the past, and if you knew some of the original EF mods in the past you would know you wouldn't have the opportunity to post as you are now. They show extreme tolerance in my opinion with constant provocation from some members. (Might even include myself in that one)

In my opinion it's the phrasing/constant crap that you post that they object too not the questions you ask and is the reason for the thread moves and deletions.

I suggest (and you don't have to take my advice) sort your shite out and think before hitting the submit button.

BTW I've seen people turn reds around to greens so it can be done and people do value your contributions just dont be another
http://www.englishforum.ch/members/5...dian-dude.html
The following 6 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #27  
Old 11.03.2011, 15:54
miss_bean's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 525
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 464 Times in 224 Posts
miss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputation
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
The thread got gang-banged because you came off as a troll to many, then was closed. Then it was reopened because the topic is real. But then the swarm came back, and it got closed again. But about your trollness, this thread does bring the question back.

I found it crass that you would post a picture of your alleged girlfriend on there. Did you ask her permission to do that, or something you did on your own? It struck me as pretty slimy.

Thanks for highlighting this , I am totally with the mods,
OP, I hope it gives you enough explaination on what went wrong!
  #28  
Old 11.03.2011, 15:59
Deep Purple's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: England
Posts: 5,273
Groaned at 15 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 5,284 Times in 2,568 Posts
Deep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
Well i am the victim ..why was i banned previously by yours truely ..for no particular reason other than calling you a monk? .....
Threads being closed or temporary bannings are an indication of how the mods see a members actions.

The number of red dots against a members profile are a good indication of how the general membership consider the members posts.

Four of the 12 threads that you have started have been closed so far.

According to your last post, you have received at least one temporary ban.

You have four red dots against your profile. Only 11 members have a lower reputation.

Draw your own conclusions.
The following 2 users would like to thank Deep Purple for this useful post:
  #29  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:01
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 187
Groaned at 69 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 98 Times in 56 Posts
Number7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthy
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
They can accept critcism but I would suggest you pick your battles with consideration and using the right language.

I've personally had my battles with mods in the past, and if you knew some of the original EF mods in the past you would know you wouldn't have the opportunity to post as you are now. They show extreme tolerance in my opinion with constant provocation from some members. (Might even include myself in that one)

In my opinion it's the phrasing/constant crap that you post that they object too not the questions you ask and is the reason for the thread moves and deletions.

I suggest (and you don't have to take my advice) sort your shite out and think before hitting the submit button.

BTW I've seen people turn reds around to greens so it can be done and people do value your contributions just dont be another
http://www.englishforum.ch/members/5...dian-dude.html
Thanks for the comments, sure its very easy to agree with everyone and get everyone thanking you for your comments, but the board needs the bad guys to entertain you, to think outside the box...personally i think it is very boring when people post righteous stuff with roses attached and everyone thanks them for their input ...i am and still remain the the boards punching bag ..and due to the number of red dots i am treated like some type of lepar ...people even say my social life must be crap ..because i have red dots..i guess i must only earn 7000chf a month ..because i have red dots ..and i drive a mini and date women 25 years older than me...

You need the bad guys to make the good guys look so great ..but the goods guys arnt that great..

as Tony Montana once said

Tony Montana: What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of fu*kin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your in' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way!
The following 2 users would like to thank Number7 for this useful post:
  #30  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:03
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for highlighting this , I am totally with the mods,
OP, I hope it gives you enough explaination on what went wrong!

And then.... because I have a girl on my avatar..... the troll had the nerve to ask me to post a picture of myself in a bikini. Hahahaha!
  #31  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:04
cyrus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Emmenbruecke
Posts: 2,904
Groaned at 37 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,513 Posts
cyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond reputecyrus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Ahhhh, don't get upset, always remember you're a precious and unique little snowflake.
The following 3 users would like to thank cyrus for this useful post:
  #32  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:07
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Alright Number7......


since you asked.......


I'm a little shy about these things.......








So.......



you like?
  #33  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:07
Golfprostew's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Egg
Posts: 264
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 182 Times in 100 Posts
Golfprostew has earned the respect of manyGolfprostew has earned the respect of manyGolfprostew has earned the respect of many
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post


Ban in 5.....4.....3.....2......
.......one!!
  #34  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:08
miss_bean's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Zurich
Posts: 525
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanked 464 Times in 224 Posts
miss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputationmiss_bean has an excellent reputation
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
Thanks for the comments, sure its very easy to agree with everyone and get everyone thanking you for your comments, but the board needs the bad guys to entertain you, to think outside the box...personally i think it is very boring when people post righteous stuff with roses attached and everyone thanks them for their input ...i am and still remain the the boards punching bag ..and due to the number of red dots i am treated like some type of lepar ...people even say my social life must be crap ..because i have red dots..i guess i must only earn 7000chf a month ..because i have red dots ..and i drive a mini and date women 25 years older than me...

You need the bad guys to make the good guys look so great ..but the goods guys arnt thet great..
red dots I agree can be impulsive reaction . But like someone said you can turn them around and they should not discourage someone from posting good!
Also it is not a personal fight between you and the mods to treat you like the punching bag! It is you who started this thread, not them !
  #35  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:08
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Winterthur
Posts: 187
Groaned at 69 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 98 Times in 56 Posts
Number7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthyNumber7 is considered unworthy
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
Alright Number7......


since you asked.......


I'm a little shy about these things.......








So.......



you like?
OMG ..can you edit that post ..i should never have asked..
The following 2 users would like to thank Number7 for this useful post:
  #36  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:09
mirfield's Avatar
Moddy Wellies
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 8,729
Groaned at 53 Times in 47 Posts
Thanked 9,942 Times in 3,654 Posts
mirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
the bad guys to entertain you
Why is it that boors always they're entertaining?
  #37  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:10
Uncle Max's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Züri
Posts: 7,553
Groaned at 164 Times in 105 Posts
Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,486 Posts
Uncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Max has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Too many chiefs .....

There was a time when the trolls were at least amusing rather than sad. I was going to write pitiful, but there's not much pity on board.
The following 2 users would like to thank Uncle Max for this useful post:
  #38  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:11
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Who said I don't have previous? I didn't say that did I?!

http://www.englishforum.ch/1110050-post12.html

The rest of your post is ranting garbage, apart from the bad guy stuff
  #39  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:12
TidakApa's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Top of a Triangle
Posts: 2,992
Groaned at 38 Times in 29 Posts
Thanked 5,673 Times in 2,039 Posts
TidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond reputeTidakApa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
You have four red dots against your profile. Only 11 members have a lower reputation.

Draw your own conclusions.
I just had to check....... currently there is nearly 61,230 members
  #40  
Old 11.03.2011, 16:13
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Too many chiefs .....

Quote:
View Post
red dots I agree can be impulsive reaction . But like someone said you can turn them around and they should not discourage someone from posting good!
Also it is not a personal fight between you and the mods to treat you like the punching bag! It is you who started this thread, not them !
Nah he got x3 red points from me, I waited for the 5th post of annoyance before sending them.
Closed Thread




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Former UBS chiefs targeted in Swiss criminal complaint ch-expat Swiss politics/news 11 18.04.2010 11:07


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0