Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Support > Support > Forum support  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #261  
Old 12.10.2011, 08:55
KeinFranzösisch's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,198
Groaned at 63 Times in 38 Posts
Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,115 Posts
KeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond reputeKeinFranzösisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
This is more like clicking "Delete User" in the ACP. It takes a few SQL commands to get the user back.
What does that mean in English?
  #262  
Old 12.10.2011, 09:07
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
Self delete is not a ban. That person ceased to exist in the database, basically, only his posts stay.
So it is basically useless. You delete your account but all your posts stay. The only difference in it is for the user itself who can't be unban nor log in ever again.

And for the reader, nothing really change beside not being able to search in someone's profil.

So why one would want to delete it? By deleting it, you have no more power at all on what you wrote because you can't access it.
The following 4 users would like to thank Nil for this useful post:
  #263  
Old 12.10.2011, 09:52
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 14,989
Groaned at 295 Times in 199 Posts
Thanked 19,055 Times in 8,017 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
So it is basically useless. You delete your account but all your posts stay. The only difference in it is for the user itself who can't be unban nor log in ever again.

And for the reader, nothing really change beside not being able to search in someone's profil.

So why one would want to delete it? By deleting it, you have no more power at all on what you wrote because you can't access it.
yeah. the email is a bit mis-leading. you don't agree to give rights over your posts, so you follow the instructions to delete your account. but all your posts stay so now you can't even delete them.
The following 2 users would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #264  
Old 13.10.2011, 11:18
MathNut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kt. Glarus
Posts: 4,415
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 10,952 Times in 3,253 Posts
MathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

R.I.P. economisto.
The following 6 users would like to thank MathNut for this useful post:
  #265  
Old 13.10.2011, 11:33
adrianlondon's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 9,131
Groaned at 170 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 25,643 Times in 6,892 Posts
adrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
R.I.P. economisto.
OK, I know this forum is important, but he's not actually dead.
The following 11 users would like to thank adrianlondon for this useful post:
  #266  
Old 13.10.2011, 11:34
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
OK, I know this forum is important, but he's not actually dead.
He's dead to EF. The final flounce.
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #267  
Old 13.10.2011, 11:35
MathNut's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kt. Glarus
Posts: 4,415
Groaned at 34 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 10,952 Times in 3,253 Posts
MathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond reputeMathNut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
OK, I know this forum is important, but he's not actually dead.
He's not actually 'economisto' either.

I'll still miss his posts though.
The following 5 users would like to thank MathNut for this useful post:
  #268  
Old 13.10.2011, 11:41
JoanP
 
Posts: n/a
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
He's dead to EF. The final flouncedown.
Corrected for you....

  #269  
Old 13.10.2011, 21:44
swissbob
 
Posts: n/a
I didn't receive the t&c email so don't know what this self delete feature is all about.

However, this has become a waste of time and I don't have too much of it left.

Someone mentioned Mark and It made me wonder how he would view what the EF has become. I don't think he'd like it much.

Bye then.
The following 4 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #270  
Old 13.10.2011, 21:46
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
I didn't receive the t&c email so don't know what this self delete feature is all about.

However, this has become a waste of time and I don't have too much of it left.

Someone mentioned Mark and It made me wonder how he would view what the EF has become. I don't think he'd like it much.

Bye then.
<Snip>

Use this link. Instead of 'enter email address' put your email address.

It would be a great shame to see you go. You are very knowledgeable about permit issue especially. Don't go

Last edited by Castro; 13.10.2011 at 21:54. Reason: removed deletion link
  #271  
Old 13.10.2011, 22:04
smackerjack's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: U.K/VAUD
Posts: 2,250
Groaned at 14 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,113 Posts
smackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond reputesmackerjack has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
I didn't receive the t&c email so don't know what this self delete feature is all about.

However, this has become a waste of time and I don't have too much of it left.

Someone mentioned Mark and It made me wonder how he would view what the EF has become. I don't think he'd like it much.

Bye then.
Please don't go Swissbob - I remember all those years ago that you were the first person to welcome me. You really help a lot of people with any permit questions too.
I don't really get what is happening either but please reconsider..
  #272  
Old 13.10.2011, 22:05
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
So it is basically useless. You delete your account but all your posts stay. The only difference in it is for the user itself who can't be unban nor log in ever again.

And for the reader, nothing really change beside not being able to search in someone's profil.

So why one would want to delete it? By deleting it, you have no more power at all on what you wrote because you can't access it.
Exactly. It's an option given entirely to user's hands. Which, in fact, makes houskeeping and modding quite a nightmare, in the end, and users completely unreachable and untraceable. Ah, I don't even want to think about it...but respect the fact that now users have that available. Just hope people will not do any drastic moves in some frenzy.
  #273  
Old 13.10.2011, 22:22
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 240
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 92 Times in 58 Posts
EarME is considered unworthyEarME is considered unworthyEarME is considered unworthy
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
Exactly. It's an option given entirely to user's hands. Which, in fact, makes houskeeping and modding quite a nightmare, in the end, and users completely unreachable and untraceable. Ah, I don't even want to think about it...but respect the fact that now users have that available. Just hope people will not do any drastic moves in some frenzy.
Sorry but I am slow. But can you please give me directions to the button to self distruct, I am not happy with the comments and self importance some long timers have. I love the Forum but think a few idiots are making it bad..my view. Please give me the button. BTW not you...whoever that may be.
I wish to do it myself in time.
  #274  
Old 13.10.2011, 22:54
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
Sorry but I am slow. But can you please give me directions to the button to self distruct, I am not happy with the comments and self importance some long timers have. I love the Forum but think a few idiots are making it bad..my view. Please give me the button. BTW not you...whoever that may be.
I wish to do it myself in time.
Well, I am a little glad I can't. I haven't even gotten the link myself, either.

Meh, just don't ask me what I think about all this..
  #275  
Old 13.10.2011, 23:01
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,491
Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post

Meh, just don't ask me what I think about all this..
What are you supposed to think of this?! I believe mods have it rather bad lately..for one you have to stand still and listen to the never ending cacophony of whiners complaining about the T&C....and on top of all that, you may not even agree with the T&C or the way it's been handled but yet, you have to conduct yourself in a "modular" manner...you deserve a hug MC.
The following 7 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #276  
Old 13.10.2011, 23:04
Caviarchips's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Basel Stadt
Posts: 3,979
Groaned at 99 Times in 77 Posts
Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,388 Posts
Caviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond reputeCaviarchips has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
Sorry but I am slow. But can you please give me directions to the button to self distruct, I am not happy with the comments and self importance some long timers have. I love the Forum but think a few idiots are making it bad..my view. Please give me the button. BTW not you...whoever that may be.
I wish to do it myself in time.
Just don't visit again if you don't want to. Its not Dignitas
The following 2 users would like to thank Caviarchips for this useful post:
This user groans at Caviarchips for this post:
  #277  
Old 13.10.2011, 23:24
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
What are you supposed to think of this?! I believe mods have it rather bad lately..for one you have to stand still and listen to the never ending cacophony of whiners complaining about the T&C....and on top of all that, you may not even agree with the T&C or the way it's been handled but yet, you have to conduct yourself in a "modular" manner...you deserve a hug MC.
Ah, you are a star...

And I could do with vacation, last one was a few years ago, jaysumpetes.



I should have drawn specs on her

It's all good. It's really not so dramatic. Or, it seems ok to me, when I realized things have not been done maliciously poorly, but a bad constellation of wrong moves made it all rather...sticky and not transparent. Members are still lovely, and, competition seems to make us stand out even more, harharharharh..

I recall the good ol' days of revolution in '89 that we organized ourselves and then had the whole new country to run, make the rules, have moral code, it was extatic, scary and weird, and it worked by itself, we had leaders and people stuck to the best part of personalities, zero egos to sabotage the process, it was phenomenal. So, having a few new rules unexplained now and poor members dealing with some fast email send outs...It seems there will be enough time to see how to improve the situation. I don't mean to banalize this at all, just think everyone will cope. It seems to me that there is more power in user's hands, and despite the practical and technical consequences for us, more werk, it might be not that bad, the self delete thing. The legal matters over copyright, let's see how it goes at the meet up.
__________________
"L'homme ne peut pas remplacer son coeur avec sa tete, ni sa tete avec ses mains." J.H. Pestalozzi

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein
The following 2 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #278  
Old 13.10.2011, 23:29
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lausanne
Posts: 1,191
Groaned at 11 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,781 Times in 704 Posts
ceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond reputeceppych has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
Ah, you are a star...

And I could do with vacation, last one was a few years ago, jaysumpetes.



I should have drawn specs on her

It's all good. It's really not so dramatic. Or, it seems ok to me, when I realized things have not been done maliciously poorly, but a bad constellation of wrong moves made it all rather...sticky and not transparent. Members are still lovely, and, competition seems to make us stand out even more, harharharharh..

I recall the good ol' days of revolution in '89 that we organized ourselves and then had the whole new country to run, make the rules, have moral code, it was extatic, scary and weird, and it worked by itself, we had leaders and people stuck to the best part of personalities, zero egos to sabotage the process, it was phenomenal. So, having a few new rules unexplained now and poor members dealing with some fast email send outs...It seems there will be enough time to see how to improve the situation. I don't mean to banalize this at all, just think everyone will cope. It seems to me that there is more power in user's hands, and despite the practical and technical consequences for us, more werk, it might be not that bad, the self delete thing. The legal matters over copyright, let's see how it goes at the meet up.
Oh my word! Such a tiny little wisp of a girl running a whole country Well done MC
The following 3 users would like to thank ceppych for this useful post:
  #279  
Old 13.10.2011, 23:31
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,435 Times in 10,578 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
Oh my word! Such a tiny little wisp of a girl running a whole country
Naw, hehe we were, as people, we were a tight community. And Havel was our god.

(he would never self delete..)
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #280  
Old 13.10.2011, 23:58
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 240
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanked 92 Times in 58 Posts
EarME is considered unworthyEarME is considered unworthyEarME is considered unworthy
Re: List of the self-deleted

Quote:
View Post
What are you supposed to think of this?! I believe mods have it rather bad lately..for one you have to stand still and listen to the never ending cacophony of whiners complaining about the T&C....and on top of all that, you may not even agree with the T&C or the way it's been handled but yet, you have to conduct yourself in a "modular" manner...you deserve a hug MC.
With great suspect,

But are you talking about something else?
Closed Thread

Tags
forum martyrs, tschüss e' bitzeli, what were you thinking




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
complaint about the deleted threads.. samuelys7 Forum support 14 23.08.2011 23:23
Swiss cities to top soon the list of most expensive cities? Paulus Camillus Finance/banking/taxation 0 09.08.2011 22:05
Self esteem, Self love, Self faith : What about you ? Bertrand - Geneva Family matters/health 245 26.11.2009 17:59


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0