Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Support > Support > Forum support  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02.11.2011, 19:14
nasa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Unhappy with an EF member

Hi everyone...I thought to share my experience with all of you for the benefit of all.

In brief, here is my short story.....So the above mentioned member wanted to buy an iphone 4 that am offering for sale. He was the first one to pm me among others that he is willing to get it and ready to pick it.

For the sake of fairness, when I ever I sell something I do it first come first serve. So I was apologizing for other potential buyers after his pm. We were supposed to meet at 18:00. At 17:45 he sends me this sms:

"Hi, i m sorry but my wife does not want the phone, I was buying for her...so no meeting today. Rgd"

So not only keeping other buyers off the deal but also commuting for quite distance in shity traffic jams as well as postponing other things that I wanted to do in my evening..and then i get this!

Although the same guy was eager to buy an iphone 4 before (and even until

http://www.englishforum.ch/sale-want...ml#post1248095

Anyways, take home message I strongly recommend you consider the member "Pari" for your future sales...or at least know that he could let you down.

No wonder his reputation is the same as his behaviour.
The following 7 users would like to thank nasa2000 for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 02.11.2011, 19:26
Papa Goose's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: was Ägeri now Froggeri
Posts: 3,725
Groaned at 191 Times in 160 Posts
Thanked 4,308 Times in 1,822 Posts
Papa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Word of warning regarding an EF member (Pari)

Sorry to hear that matey... pm sent
This user would like to thank Papa Goose for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 02.11.2011, 19:32
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wettingen
Posts: 143
Groaned at 32 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 161 Times in 61 Posts
Mitziem has become a little unpopular
Re: Word of warning regarding an EF member (Pari)

Please forgive me for looking at this through a different set of eyes so to speak. While I can understand your frustration for being put out of your way, and being called only 15mins prior to a scheduled transaction to cancel, that no one was bound to, I can't see the "word of warning regarding an EF member (Pari)" justifiable.
You could have had a word or two with this person via Pm, and state your frustration, but this open warning, in my opinion is unnecessary.
The following 9 users would like to thank Mitziem for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 02.11.2011, 19:35
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lugano
Posts: 6,550
Groaned at 129 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 7,960 Times in 3,710 Posts
Mrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Doolittle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Word of warning regarding an EF member (Pari)

Quote:
View Post

Anyways, take home message I strongly recommend you consider the member "Pari" for your future sales...or at least know that he could let you down.

No wonder his reputation is the same as his behaviour.
It's probably going to get a lot redder.

Someone backing out of a deal at the last minute is really nasty. I would be really angry.

Post on your thread where you are selling the phone that it is now available. Hope you will find a new buyer. Good luck.
This user would like to thank Mrs. Doolittle for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 02.11.2011, 19:42
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Word of warning regarding an EF member (Pari)

http://www.englishforum.ch/sale-want...ack-basel.html

He's been looking for an iPhone since at least June and only thought to ask his Wife now?
The following 8 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 02.11.2011, 19:46
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 14,938
Groaned at 294 Times in 198 Posts
Thanked 18,988 Times in 7,986 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

Quote:
View Post
Hi everyone...I thought to share my experience with all of you for the benefit of all.

In brief, here is my short story.....So the above mentioned member wanted to buy an iphone 4 that am offering for sale. He was the first one to pm me among others that he is willing to get it and ready to pick it.

For the sake of fairness, when I ever I sell something I do it first come first serve. So I was apologizing for other potential buyers after his pm. We were supposed to meet at 18:00. At 17:45 he sends me this sms:

"Hi, i m sorry but my wife does not want the phone, I was buying for her...so no meeting today. Rgd"

So not only keeping other buyers off the deal but also commuting for quite distance in shity traffic jams as well as postponing other things that I wanted to do in my evening..and then i get this!

Although the same guy was eager to buy an iphone 4 before (and even until

http://www.englishforum.ch/sale-want...ml#post1248095

Anyways, take home message I strongly recommend you consider the member "Pari" for your future sales...or at least know that he could let you down.

No wonder his reputation is the same as his behaviour.
thanks for the heads-up.

you might want to send him an invoice for your time and costs (see thread on car estimate for details).
This user would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post:
  #7  
Old 02.11.2011, 19:53
nasa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Re: Word of warning regarding an EF member (Pari)

Quote:
View Post
Please forgive me for looking at this through a different set of eyes so to speak. While I can understand your frustration for being put out of your way, and being called only 15mins prior to a scheduled transaction to cancel, that no one was bound to, I can't see the "word of warning regarding an EF member (Pari)" justifiable.
You could have had a word or two with this person via Pm, and state your frustration, but this open warning, in my opinion is unnecessary.
Thanks for stating your point of view, because one could say...I took it too personal or something. First, you should know that I did not even answer his sms, although I had a whole dictionary of the "sweetest" words you could imagine that I wanted to steam it in his face...but no...this is not my point and I won't do it.

The reason I am sending this warning, is as I mentioned, is solely for the sake of others...I don't want other EF members to go through similar experiences, mine is enough..so it is for everyone's sake.

Finally, one little update that I just knew from another member that he also went through similar expereince with the same member "pari". So i think it is justified to warn others
cheers

Last edited by nasa2000; 02.11.2011 at 20:04.
The following 6 users would like to thank nasa2000 for this useful post:
  #8  
Old 02.11.2011, 19:55
nasa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Re: Word of warning regarding an EF member (Pari)

Quote:
View Post
http://www.englishforum.ch/sale-want...ack-basel.html

He's been looking for an iPhone since at least June and only thought to ask his Wife now?
To be precise, he was apparently asking her 15-20 min before the deal's time.
  #9  
Old 02.11.2011, 20:08
nasa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

I posted him the link for this thread, I don't like gossiping behind someone's back.
  #10  
Old 02.11.2011, 20:11
gata's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Geneva
Posts: 3,905
Groaned at 67 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,708 Posts
gata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond reputegata has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

Hopefully he will give us his side of the story

Popcorn anyone?
  #11  
Old 02.11.2011, 20:13
adrianlondon's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 9,131
Groaned at 170 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 25,643 Times in 6,892 Posts
adrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond reputeadrianlondon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

Quote:
View Post
Popcorn anyone?
How much is it? Salty or sweet? Is it locked to a particular bucket or can it be used in my own bucket?
The following 3 users would like to thank adrianlondon for this useful post:
  #12  
Old 02.11.2011, 20:14
Phil_MCR's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 14,938
Groaned at 294 Times in 198 Posts
Thanked 18,988 Times in 7,986 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Word of warning regarding an EF member (Pari)

Quote:
View Post
To be precise, he was apparently asking her 15-20 min before the deal's time.
smells like BS to me.
  #13  
Old 02.11.2011, 20:34
coconut's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Zurichberg
Posts: 738
Groaned at 12 Times in 10 Posts
Thanked 1,000 Times in 405 Posts
coconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond reputecoconut has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

popcorn, anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
unhappy-ef-member-me.jpg  
  #14  
Old 02.11.2011, 20:35
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

I will take some popcorn Gata
  #15  
Old 02.11.2011, 20:36
porsch1909
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

Sorry asked my wife...she said no


I'm such a beta male
The following 2 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #16  
Old 02.11.2011, 20:55
Nil's Avatar
Nil Nil is offline
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Basel
Posts: 10,356
Groaned at 428 Times in 333 Posts
Thanked 16,045 Times in 6,322 Posts
Nil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond reputeNil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

This username rings a bell. I have a bad experience but can't pin point what was it. I just remember the name and to stay away from him...

Thanks for the info.
  #17  
Old 02.11.2011, 20:56
Slaphead's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Zürich
Posts: 3,223
Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 9,408 Times in 2,870 Posts
Slaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond reputeSlaphead has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

In all honesty this person actually took the time to send you a text to say that the deal wasn't going through. Ok it was a bit late coming, but it's considerably better than a complete no show.

Just update your for sale thread saying that the phone is still available, and contact the others that showed interest.

It's always a risk with "classifieds" here, and for that matter on any other forum, that there will be no shows and time wasters - that's unfortunately part and parcel of it.

On another note, I'm not happy that somebody's name is being dragged through the mud simply because they decided to bail out of the deal, even if it was a bit late in coming. Irritating I know, but nevertheless nobody's been ripped off here
__________________
...allegedly.
The following 12 users would like to thank Slaphead for this useful post:
This user groans at Slaphead for this post:
  #18  
Old 02.11.2011, 21:10
Village Idiot's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Basel
Posts: 3,724
Groaned at 35 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 7,005 Times in 2,265 Posts
Village Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeVillage Idiot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

Wow, this thread has more drive-bys than Detroit!
This user would like to thank Village Idiot for this useful post:
  #19  
Old 02.11.2011, 21:13
skyhigh's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Klosters
Posts: 134
Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
skyhigh has made some interesting contributions
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

Why warn every EF member about this?????

Just vent your frustrations/disappointment (meaning not at the appointment) at the person and MOVE ON!!!


Tar and feathers or what...he only wanted a cheap phone..and said no thanks.


Moral of the story....Have something for sale..view at my place, first come first served.CASH. sold as seen...END


Rant Over
The following 3 users would like to thank skyhigh for this useful post:
  #20  
Old 02.11.2011, 21:14
nasa2000's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 434
Groaned at 18 Times in 11 Posts
Thanked 280 Times in 130 Posts
nasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of manynasa2000 has earned the respect of many
Re: Unhappy with an EF member

Quote:
View Post
In all honesty this person actually took the time to send you a text to say that the deal wasn't going through. Ok it was a bit late coming, but it's considerably better than a complete no show.

Just update your for sale thread saying that the phone is still available, and contact the others that showed interest.

It's always a risk with "classifieds" here, and for that matter on any other forum, that there will be no shows and time wasters - that's unfortunately part and parcel of it.

On another note, I'm not happy that somebody's name is being dragged through the mud simply because they decided to bail out of the deal, even if it was a bit late in coming. Irritating I know, but nevertheless nobody's been ripped off here
Practically, I don't think it does matter that much at this point if a person sends a text or do not show, but okay a sms saves one waiting in the cold for 10 more minutes, at least he saved me that.

I did contact other potential buyers, who I had to put off earlier.

Well, once more, I am not the first to complain about this person for the same exact behaviour (not being a serious buyer). So the question now would be......should one say nothing and just keep it for himself? should one discuss with the other side in private and ask him to try to be a better person? or should one spread the word for others and in the end they are grown ups and they can decide.

If you buy something from a supermarket and you find it rotten or having a live worm...should you dicuss it with the supermarket only? or also spread the word AND mention which supermarket was it to let the others know? (unless you work in the same supermarket then of course no names )
Closed Thread

Tags
warning pari ef member




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Very bad experience with EF member but a good lesson too :) cdcdoc Forum support 34 23.10.2011 22:05
EF member says: Swiss are unhappy, shows suicide rates. Do you agree? colinwheeler Family matters/health 59 15.08.2011 00:00
Help me find an EF member [ PC Advisor ] terryhall Forum support 7 31.05.2011 14:01


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0