Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Support > Support > Forum support  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03.09.2012, 02:38
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 58
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 46 Times in 18 Posts
Kyrakat has earned some respectKyrakat has earned some respect
Do not underestimate the search function ;)

Hi, I just wanted to make a quick comment! In the past several months, all but one of my questions has been answered by doing a search in the forums here. Even something as tiny and random as where to buy panko was answered by a search. It's a great and very helpful archive of information!

I still notice many helpful EFers needing to remind on this in threads, so I just wanted to point it out. Of course, there could be times when an old post isn't much use, but more often than not they are!
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank Kyrakat for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 03.09.2012, 02:50
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,491
Groaned at 655 Times in 417 Posts
Thanked 16,388 Times in 6,379 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do not underestimate the search function ;)

Why thank you kind stranger...your post is much appreciated!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 03.09.2012, 08:30
Sbrinz's Avatar
RIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Murten - Morat
Posts: 11,866
Groaned at 563 Times in 354 Posts
Thanked 11,548 Times in 5,941 Posts
Sbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond reputeSbrinz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do not underestimate the search function ;)

Thank you, I agree with you: whenever I search I find something, I have never been unlucky.

Even if the thread is quite old, there are often alternative links and ideas present.

How many people complete the search tags at the bottom of a new thread?
This is quite an important part of a thread, Notes about the EF search function
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Sbrinz for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 03.09.2012, 08:50
cdcdoc's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fehraltorf / ZH
Posts: 884
Groaned at 27 Times in 23 Posts
Thanked 916 Times in 455 Posts
cdcdoc has a reputation beyond reputecdcdoc has a reputation beyond reputecdcdoc has a reputation beyond reputecdcdoc has a reputation beyond reputecdcdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do not underestimate the search function ;)

Thank you for your thread! It should become a sticky




Quote:
View Post
Hi, I just wanted to make a quick comment! In the past several months, all but one of my questions has been answered by doing a search in the forums here. Even something as tiny and random as where to buy panko was answered by a search. It's a great and very helpful archive of information!

I still notice many helpful EFers needing to remind on this in threads, so I just wanted to point it out. Of course, there could be times when an old post isn't much use, but more often than not they are!
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank cdcdoc for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 03.09.2012, 09:27
dannyt986's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wollerau, Schwyz
Posts: 1,843
Groaned at 26 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 733 Times in 491 Posts
dannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do not underestimate the search function ;)

The basic menu bar function seems quite weak to me, I generally have to use the advanced one. Perhaps an more prominent enhanced basic search would help promote its use.

EDIT: It seems to work much better now. It used to often return no results. But certainly make more prominent.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03.09.2012, 19:42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 58
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 46 Times in 18 Posts
Kyrakat has earned some respectKyrakat has earned some respect
Re: Do not underestimate the search function ;)

Quote:
View Post

How many people complete the search tags at the bottom of a new thread?
This is quite an important part of a thread, Notes about the EF search function
Sorry to say I have never used the tags. But I will certainly do so going forward!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03.09.2012, 19:49
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Do not underestimate the search function ;)

Quote:
View Post
Hi, I just wanted to make a quick comment! In the past several months, all but one of my questions has been answered by doing a search in the forums here. Even something as tiny and random as where to buy panko was answered by a search. It's a great and very helpful archive of information!

I still notice many helpful EFers needing to remind on this in threads, so I just wanted to point it out. Of course, there could be times when an old post isn't much use, but more often than not they are!
I notice that you only have 20 posts...

just saying...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03.09.2012, 20:09
TiMow's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Fribourg
Posts: 9,295
Groaned at 237 Times in 154 Posts
Thanked 12,188 Times in 5,300 Posts
TiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond reputeTiMow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do not underestimate the search function ;)

Is there a search function?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank TiMow for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 03.09.2012, 21:47
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Geneva
Posts: 58
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 46 Times in 18 Posts
Kyrakat has earned some respectKyrakat has earned some respect
Re: Do not underestimate the search function ;)

Quote:
View Post
I notice that you only have 20 posts...

just saying...
I can't help it, I'm shy. I was obviously drunk and less inhibited when I made this thread.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do the expat spouses do here if not working? justswiss Other/general 13 10.05.2012 13:45
Why is my post not in the search result? lydi Forum support 7 13.07.2011 23:21
Damned Search Function mirfield Forum support 3 09.05.2011 14:57
Notes about the EF search function Guest Forum support 9 02.02.2011 11:17
Do you use the "ignore" function? Treverus Complaints corner 34 08.09.2009 23:20


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0