Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Support > Support > Forum support  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 24.11.2012, 00:22
dannyt986's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wollerau, Schwyz
Posts: 1,843
Groaned at 26 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 733 Times in 491 Posts
dannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond repute
New forum buttons?

Just seen a thread where the OP (a valued contributor) is being told their post sharing a family success belongs on Facebook not on the forum, at least other than in off topic general.

How about having some alternatives to Thanks and Groan like "Use Facebook" or perhaps much more to the point "Come back once you've Googled it"? Or "Use the b****y search function will ya"?
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank dannyt986 for this useful post:
  #2  
Old 24.11.2012, 00:25
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New forum buttons?

there should also be a sod off button or a get a life one?

Seriously though I cant believe Sutter's thread was closed when all the silly ones by Vegan Chef are still opened...oh wait...
Reply With Quote
The following 7 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #3  
Old 24.11.2012, 00:28
Jumping Captain's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: CH
Posts: 1,122
Groaned at 76 Times in 59 Posts
Thanked 1,048 Times in 536 Posts
Jumping Captain has a reputation beyond reputeJumping Captain has a reputation beyond reputeJumping Captain has a reputation beyond reputeJumping Captain has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New forum buttons?

Quote:
View Post
Just seen a thread where the OP (a valued contributor) is being told their post sharing a family success belongs on Facebook not on the forum, at least other than in off topic general.

How about having some alternatives to Thanks and Groan like "Use Facebook" or perhaps much more to the point "Come back once you've Googled it"? Or "Use the b****y search function will ya"?
Yea... just add a dozen diverse buttons across the bottom of each post... that way we quite typing so much and just click buttons at each other
JC
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Jumping Captain for this useful post:
  #4  
Old 24.11.2012, 00:28
ximix's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK (formerly Zurich)
Posts: 2,098
Groaned at 22 Times in 21 Posts
Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,179 Posts
ximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond reputeximix has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New forum buttons?

Would love to see a "get stuffed" one meself!
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank ximix for this useful post:
  #5  
Old 24.11.2012, 00:30
dannyt986's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wollerau, Schwyz
Posts: 1,843
Groaned at 26 Times in 19 Posts
Thanked 733 Times in 491 Posts
dannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond reputedannyt986 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New forum buttons?

Quote:
View Post
there should also be a sod off button or a get a life one?

Seriously though I cant believe Sutter's thread was closed when all the silly ones by Vegan Chef are still opened...oh wait...
I was tempted to make a comment that VC must be a case study on how to make a mark on a forum, make friends and influence people. But that could be considered off topic and deleted by the duty mod too ;-)

Last edited by dannyt986; 24.11.2012 at 00:31. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank dannyt986 for this useful post:
  #6  
Old 24.11.2012, 00:32
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New forum buttons?

Quote:
View Post
how to make a mark on a forum, make friends and influence people.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24.11.2012, 02:59
Sutter's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Thurgau
Posts: 5,799
Groaned at 68 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 2,824 Times in 1,605 Posts
Sutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond reputeSutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New forum buttons?

Quote:
View Post
Just seen a thread where the OP (a valued contributor) is being told their post sharing a family success belongs on Facebook not on the forum, at least other than in off topic general.

How about having some alternatives to Thanks and Groan like "Use Facebook" or perhaps much more to the point "Come back once you've Googled it"? Or "Use the b****y search function will ya"?
Thanks I will no longer post on here only on Facebook I only wanted to share how well my kids were doing in BMX and now my daughter as been accepted for the swim team. My son is being trained for the championship for next year oh well I will not bother posting on here again only on fb
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24.11.2012, 09:17
MusicChick's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: La Cote
Posts: 17,488
Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New forum buttons?

Quote:
View Post
Thanks I will no longer post on here only on Facebook I only wanted to share how well my kids were doing in BMX and now my daughter as been accepted for the swim team. My son is being trained for the championship for next year oh well I will not bother posting on here again only on fb
Aw,cmon..I know it won't make you feel better, but I don't have FB and always like seeing your posts sharing stuff about your family. Tell us how to enroll our kids in local sport teams,that's awesome. Hugs.

I need a new button for the community, "1st world problem", and "dont b so vegan". Maybe "wtf" would be handy,too. Or,perhaps "that wasn't me".
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post:
  #9  
Old 24.11.2012, 09:44
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: New forum buttons?

Quote:
View Post
"dont b so vegan".
Oh I want this one!!!
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank for this useful post:
  #10  
Old 24.11.2012, 11:15
hannah'sauntie's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baden
Posts: 4,741
Groaned at 24 Times in 22 Posts
Thanked 6,648 Times in 3,007 Posts
hannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond reputehannah'sauntie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New forum buttons?

Quote:
View Post
Thanks I will no longer post on here only on Facebook I only wanted to share how well my kids were doing in BMX and now my daughter as been accepted for the swim team. My son is being trained for the championship for next year oh well I will not bother posting on here again only on fb
Don't you dare Sutter, you are a great contributor here. Well done your kids!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 24.11.2012, 11:23
fatmanfilms's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Verbier
Posts: 21,376
Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New forum buttons?

Quote:
View Post
Oh I want this one!!!
So Happy EF is still the no 1 place to be
Reply With Quote
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
semi-new in Swisslands(Baden),new on english forum metamorphosys Introductions 13 09.05.2012 18:20
new to this forum and (almost) new in Switzerland angelo Introductions 5 05.07.2009 23:21
Buttons? Eperry Other/general 4 27.06.2007 01:20


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0