Go Back   English Forum Switzerland > Support > Support > Forum support  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 10.01.2017, 16:35
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,436
Groaned at 628 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 16,010 Times in 6,268 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
Careful now, he'll be back just to red blob you
He won't be back for a while. Anyways, why don't we focus on something else, seeing as he's not here and won't have a chance to respond.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #142  
Old 10.01.2017, 16:51
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 3,888
Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
Let us briefly digress to another related topic, namely retaliatory neg repping.
Just whilst you've mentioned dealing with other members, our most recently banned member sent me a really angry pm the other night. It didn't contain swearing, and was basically the post he'd just put in a thread but in an angrier tone. I didn't know what to do with it, so just ignored it and logged off, but I was quite relieved to see he was banned. My spidey sense were sent jangling by that person.

Is there anything I should have done differently, perhaps alerted a mod in case other members were getting these angry pms?
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 10.01.2017, 16:54
bigblue2's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Glarus
Posts: 8,086
Groaned at 486 Times in 405 Posts
Thanked 14,715 Times in 5,780 Posts
bigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond reputebigblue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
Just whilst you've mentioned dealing with other members, our most recently banned member sent me a really angry pm the other night. It didn't contain swearing, and was basically the post he'd just put in a thread but in an angrier tone. I didn't know what to do with it, so just ignored it and logged off, but I was quite relieved to see he was banned. My spidey sense were sent jangling by that person.

Is there anything I should have done differently, perhaps alerted a mod in case other members were getting these angry pms?

don't read pm's especially from people being idiots on thread I just delete them unread
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank bigblue2 for this useful post:
  #144  
Old 10.01.2017, 16:55
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,436
Groaned at 628 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 16,010 Times in 6,268 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
Just whilst you've mentioned dealing with other members, our most recently banned member sent me a really angry pm the other night. It didn't contain swearing, and was basically the post he'd just put in a thread but in an angrier tone. I didn't know what to do with it, so just ignored it and logged off, but I was quite relieved to see he was banned. My spidey sense were sent jangling by that person.

Is there anything I should have done differently, perhaps alerted a mod in case other members were getting these angry pms?
Yes, you can report a PM just like you report a post or if it's a very abusive rep comment, you can PM a mod directly.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post:
  #145  
Old 10.01.2017, 17:10
mirfield's Avatar
Moddy Wellies
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 8,715
Groaned at 54 Times in 48 Posts
Thanked 9,623 Times in 3,557 Posts
mirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond reputemirfield has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
don't read pm's especially from people being idiots on thread I just delete them unread
I read all yours. They're dull; you're not missing anything.
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank mirfield for this useful post:
  #146  
Old 10.01.2017, 17:20
Corbets's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DK - previously Zug
Posts: 3,327
Groaned at 169 Times in 123 Posts
Thanked 6,699 Times in 2,236 Posts
Corbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Some of you put way too much emphasis on your blobbies. It's not healthy. They're a fire and forget sort of system, by design.

I'll gladly take credit for some of LiB's reds, though - maybe I'm even the guy he's talking about, though I don't take enough notice to know. Post something uplifting and positive, just once, and I swear I'll give you greenie!
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 10.01.2017, 17:38
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,436
Groaned at 628 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 16,010 Times in 6,268 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
Some of you put way too much emphasis on your blobbies. It's not healthy. They're a fire and forget sort of system, by design.

I'll gladly take credit for some of LiB's reds, though - maybe I'm even the guy he's talking about, though I don't take enough notice to know. Post something uplifting and positive, just once, and I swear I'll give you greenie!
There you go Corbets, is this uplifting enough for your gentle soul?

Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 10.01.2017, 17:40
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 3,888
Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
Some of you put way too much emphasis on your blobbies. It's not healthy. They're a fire and forget sort of system, by design.
I'm a member of JagWaugh's Control Panel Truth and Reconcilation group - for "All those who only discovered the control panel and reputation after an extended period of use." And thanks to LiB's post, I've now discovered the report pm feature.

Confession... By the time I figured out how to link up my VHS to my sat box and tv without having to 'phone a friend' to come and bail me out, my mates bought me a DVD player and the whole sorry cycle began again.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post:
  #149  
Old 10.01.2017, 17:43
Treverus's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 11,751
Groaned at 297 Times in 254 Posts
Thanked 22,121 Times in 8,035 Posts
Treverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond reputeTreverus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
Should you have a serious issue with anybody abusing the rep system, feel free to contact your favorite mod of choice.
So you want to be left alone I see...
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Treverus for this useful post:
  #150  
Old 10.01.2017, 17:56
smileygreebins's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Schwyz
Posts: 499
Groaned at 30 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 1,016 Times in 295 Posts
smileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

I had no idea of that ratings stuff and thought green/red blobs were indeed from mods. I've just gone into my control panel and found some lovely messages - thank you all. I wasn't being rude in not responding until now - I was just ignorant of that feature.

I was actually going to propose that a category be formed on the forum with notes on how to post links, photos, likes etc......but I've literally just seen it exists already within Support. Duh. All this time trying to figure stuff out for myself and wasting hours (and many slurps of wine), and the information was there the whole time!
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank smileygreebins for this useful post:
  #151  
Old 10.01.2017, 18:04
st2lemans's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lugano
Posts: 29,182
Groaned at 2,045 Times in 1,527 Posts
Thanked 34,739 Times in 16,506 Posts
st2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond reputest2lemans has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
My last six reds were all from the same person.
I can send you some to break the monotony.

Tom
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank st2lemans for this useful post:
  #152  
Old 10.01.2017, 18:09
Corbets's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DK - previously Zug
Posts: 3,327
Groaned at 169 Times in 123 Posts
Thanked 6,699 Times in 2,236 Posts
Corbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond reputeCorbets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
There you go Corbets, is this uplifting enough for your gentle soul?

Sadly, the sarcastic tone of your post ruined your effort.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 10.01.2017, 18:43
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
I'm a member of JagWaugh's Control Panel Truth and Reconcilation group - for "All those who only discovered the control panel and reputation after an extended period of use." And thanks to LiB's post, I've now discovered the report pm feature.

Confession... By the time I figured out how to link up my VHS to my sat box and tv without having to 'phone a friend' to come and bail me out, my mates bought me a DVD player and the whole sorry cycle began again.
'Tis like buying a new phone - good grief! It takes forever to set up.. I just wail for my better half (Mr Bennet) to sort it and go and have a lie down
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank for this useful post:
  #154  
Old 10.01.2017, 18:57
JagWaugh's Avatar
RIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Eglisau
Posts: 7,273
Groaned at 47 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 14,131 Times in 5,506 Posts
JagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond reputeJagWaugh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
I'm a member of JagWaugh's Control Panel Truth and Reconcilation group - for "All those who only discovered the control panel and reputation after an extended period of use." And thanks to LiB's post, I've now discovered the report pm feature.

Confession... By the time I figured out how to link up my VHS to my sat box and tv without having to 'phone a friend' to come and bail me out, my mates bought me a DVD player and the whole sorry cycle began again.
When I was a university my mum used to call me whenever she wanted to listen to a record and dad had the stereo set to radio, and likewise when dad had been playing a record and she wanted to listen to the radio.

She was very happy when I bought her a Walkman, and repeatedly pleased when I "fixed" it for her by replacing the batteries.

Some people's neurons just don't get excited by electrical signals.
Reply With Quote
The following 2 users would like to thank JagWaugh for this useful post:
  #155  
Old 10.01.2017, 19:02
lost_inbroad's Avatar
Unbridled Mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Town or region
Posts: 11,436
Groaned at 628 Times in 403 Posts
Thanked 16,010 Times in 6,268 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
I can send you some to break the monotony.
Tom
It don't matter to me one bit.

Quote:
View Post
Sadly, the sarcastic tone of your post ruined your effort.
How about now, is this uplifting enough for you?


Last edited by lost_inbroad; 10.01.2017 at 19:20.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 10.01.2017, 19:18
Blueangel's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Küsnacht, Switzerland
Posts: 3,888
Groaned at 105 Times in 96 Posts
Thanked 10,610 Times in 4,679 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
'Tis like buying a new phone - good grief! It takes forever to set up.. I just wail for my better half (Mr Bennet) to sort it and go and have a lie down
My better half bought me a dual sim phone and tablet for Christmas, but he was on call over the holidays, so I still haven't used them.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 06.03.2017, 14:53
Tom1234's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kanton Luzern
Posts: 15,009
Groaned at 474 Times in 379 Posts
Thanked 21,381 Times in 8,769 Posts
Tom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond reputeTom1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

I was reading a new thread today.

How does a newbie, with ten posts, and a polite manner, who says thank you, get two blobs of bad reputation?


Why can't some of you 'forum veterans' be a bit less bitter and lay of people.

I appreciate that mobbing seems to be a popular pursuit in work here in Switzerland but some of you are acting like playground bullies with nothing better to do with your time.

I guess you're pretty unpleasant people in the real world too.
Reply With Quote
The following 10 users would like to thank Tom1234 for this useful post:
  #158  
Old 06.03.2017, 15:05
martin959's Avatar
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St Gallen
Posts: 1,243
Groaned at 26 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 561 Times in 317 Posts
martin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of manymartin959 has earned the respect of many
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

When I see this kind of Post revivals...



I think the forum should have always good mood, people come here for help, advices and have fun, and should keep that ways... If someone has bad intentions or so, just dont reply
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank martin959 for this useful post:
  #159  
Old 06.03.2017, 15:16
newtoswitz's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rapperswil
Posts: 2,814
Groaned at 47 Times in 44 Posts
Thanked 3,305 Times in 1,510 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
I was reading a new thread today.

How does a newbie, with ten posts, and a polite manner, who says thank you, get two blobs of bad reputation?


Why can't some of you 'forum veterans' be a bit less bitter and lay of people.

I appreciate that mobbing seems to be a popular pursuit in work here in Switzerland but some of you are acting like playground bullies with nothing better to do with your time.

I guess you're pretty unpleasant people in the real world too.
Agree almost completely.

Which newbie? The classic case of this is ten posts all about the same subject giving conflicting information - guaranteed to get the red blobs flying.

Or Friday - they should just block newbies from posting on a Friday
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 06.03.2017, 15:18
dodgyken's Avatar
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Democratic Republic Kenistan
Posts: 10,690
Groaned at 281 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reputation ratings is an insult!!

Quote:
View Post
Why can't some of you 'forum veterans' be a bit less bitter and lay of people.
Yeah - bloody veterans.

Why can't they be well mannered, polite and helpful like the "Legends"?
Reply With Quote
The following 4 users would like to thank dodgyken for this useful post:
Reply




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In case of an emergency need to insult, please use this post: NotAllThere Jokes/funnies 11 21.02.2011 14:46
Green squares [What is Reputation?] Bobby.Buchi Forum support 84 16.03.2010 18:03
Biking and reputation, an EF conundrum economisto Complaints corner 97 03.11.2009 13:05
How to inadvertently insult a Swiss? William Tell Swiss politics/news 29 12.07.2007 20:10


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0